Shaq is back! A one-year deal

Roundybout

10 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Shaq Lawson is a good edge setting run defender. Are you confused? 

That's exactly what I said. I think YOU are confused by my post. Go back and read it.

31 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Well, your opinion has been noted and filed.

papershredder-seth-meyers.gif

Thanks. lol

I really hope you'll remember my opinion and grab it from your filing bin if Lawson doesn't even make the team. 

If Lawson doesn't make the team, then his ability is less than or equal too 50 year old Shaquille O'Neal at DE.

• Haha (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Not saying Edmunds is about to have a career year but he had his best season in 2019 when the DL was loaded. It’s even better now. 

You know, this is a good point.  What are Edmunds strengths?  Quickness and speed.  Weakness:  Strength - he isn't very good once a blocker gets to him.   Well, them blockers going to be pretty well occupied now.   Oliver or Philips, and Settle, and some collection of awesome edge guys.  Offensive lines will have their hands full.  Edmunds will have more opportunities to just run to the ball. 

Still has to make the reads correctly.  

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

You know, this is a good point.  What are Edmunds strengths?  Quickness and speed.  Weakness:  Strength - he isn't very good once a blocker gets to him.   Well, them blockers going to be pretty well occupied now.   Oliver or Philips, and Settle, and some collection of awesome edge guys.  Offensive lines will have their hands full.  Edmunds will have more opportunities to just run to the ball. 

Still has to make the reads correctly.  

Perhaps Von will benefit Edmunds more than our young DEs?

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, costrovs said:

Thanks. lol

I really hope you'll remember my opinion and grab it from your filing bin if Lawson doesn't even make the team. 

If Lawson doesn't make the team, then his ability is less than or equal too 50 year old Shaquille O'Neal at DE.

Let me guess your one of the guy that want 50 probowlers on a team...right.   he's not a great pass rusher everyone knows that... he is good however at stopping the run.... maybe just maybe, the team as a plan how to use the guy....   all these guy are not being signed to start... take a breathe... enjoy the ride. 

26 minutes ago, costrovs said:

Thanks. lol

Actually. it would be less than Boogie Basham, Von Miller, Greg Rousseau, AJ Epenesa and Jerry Hughes.

Stick to the sport we are talking about.

2 hours ago, wjag said:

Rex Ryan Doug Whaley is smiling..

fixed

1 hour ago, BillsSbSoon said:

I think people forgot the swagger and dog that shaq had on our defense. This is not going to be a soft front anymore

the what?

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

3 of their top draft picks the past 2 years go to D-line and they are signing 1 year deals for retreads...

I also hate it when we sign players for cheap that still have skill and add depth to the defensive front.  I'll meet you outside 1BD tomorrow with a sign tomorrow, cool?

Edited by The Wiz
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

I also hate it when we sign players for cheap that still have skill and add depth to the defensive front.  I'll meet you outside 1BD tomorrow with a sign tomorrow, cool?

Well..the point was they have to hedge their last 3 draft picks with these temps.  

You think they will be benchwarmers behind those other 3 guys?

• Eyeroll 1

33 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

collectively no one.  But he was so bad they decided to release him.  Houston cut him as well.  Not good signs.  

Sometimes it's all about who you are lining up with around you. We already know he is a good fit for what we do here. Can't say that for other places.

You'd be surprised how many times a player goes to another team and is asked to do things he isn't very good at because of the scheme they run.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

I also think Epenesa will be cut or traded this summer even if he looks good in camp again. Too smallish of a player and seems like a bust unfortunately.

Speaking of rotation, I know that McD and Frazier seem to value this concept but you don't sign a guy like Von Miller to be a situational pass rusher. He's definitely getting 60% of the snaps minimum each game which means a lot of these other guys will have to make the most of their time on the field.

Also going to be a juggling act each week in terms of the inactive list again and which both Lawson and Phillips will have to embrace during their 2nd tour of duty here if they are in fact on the final roster.

Too smallish?  He lost like 20lbs from his weight in college because that is what the Bills asked him to do.

I think he will be here and play well when given the opportunity.  He will be the #3 or 4 DE (Basham will be the other).  Epenesa showed significant flashes in preseason and some in the regular season despite being stuck behind 2 vets whom the coaches wanted to play out of respect.  

Now, I could be wrong, but that is how I see it.  He isn’t likely a starter with Miller and Rousseau ahead of him, but I think he can be a solid reserve.

3 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Too smallish?  He lost like 20lbs from his weight in college because that is what the Bills asked him to do.

I think he will be here and play well when given the opportunity.  He will be the #3 or 4 DE (Basham will be the other).  Epenesa showed significant flashes in preseason and some in the regular season despite being stuck behind 2 vets whom the coaches wanted to play out of respect.  

Now, I could be wrong, but that is how I see it.  He isn’t likely a starter with Miller and Rousseau ahead of him, but I think he can be a solid reserve.

Starter and backups don't really have much meaning with the way we rotate defensive linemen. He will play significant snaps most games.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.