My God-daughter's son in Strong Memorial Hospital in Rochester. Update: He died March 29, 2022

Punching Bag

He is late teens and looks like a lineman (6'8") and was very healthy.

He is having liver issues and if he survives will need a transplant.

He is also having spleen issues.

He was transferred to there from Buffalo since they could not determine cause.

He was in ICU limiting one visitor per 12 hours but now they are allowing more which is not a good sign.

Edited by Limeaid
update
  • Sad 13

3 hours ago, Limeaid said:

He is late teens and looks like a lineman (6'8") and was very healthy.

He is having liver issues and if he survives will need a transplant.

He is also having spleen issues.

He was transferred to there from Buffalo since they could not determine cause.

He was in ICU limiting one visitor per 12 hours but now they are allowing more which is not a good sign.

So sorry to hear this. Good luck and prayers going out.

Right now they have him on dialysis because his kidneys have been damaged due to liver.

He needs a liver transplant at a minimum and since he was healthy before with no drug or alcohol abuse is high on transplant list.

The good news is he was working at organization which provided good benefits.

• Like (+1) 3

Lord please bless this young man with healing. Direct it, guide the medical team and cover all logistics and circumstances to best accomplish what is coming in the future. We pray for a liver donor and that the process be accomplished asap. Bless the giver and his family and friends. Lord have Mercy.  and please God give peace and comfort and strength to bear this all that are involved. In Jesus name Amen.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 1

My sister called about my grand nephew.  He is doing better.  Only 40% on ventilator now not 100%; when they get his lungs cleared up they can get him on liver donator list.  His kidneys seem to be doing better with dialysis helping.

My god daughter is getting support to help with her baby from multiple family members. 

• Like (+1) 13

On 3/9/2022 at 7:17 PM, Limeaid said:

My sister called about my grand nephew.  He is doing better.  Only 40% on ventilator now not 100%; when they get his lungs cleared up they can get him on liver donator list.  His kidneys seem to be doing better with dialysis helping.

My god daughter is getting support to help with her baby from multiple family members. 

Good to hear there are nuggets of positive developments in the midst of a very difficult situation.

Additional note: his issue with liver was genetic. His brothers and my god daughter's baby needed to checked for bad gene because it came from their father.

I am very familiar with this kind of testing.  My uncle had muscular dystrophy but was well enough he could serve in Japan during Korean conflict.  He and three of his children died from it.  I was tested for it (negative) as a child and every time I have a medical issue which could be related to it a doctor wants me to retest I suppose because tests could have been updated or something.

• 2 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

My nephew was taken off life support today early in afternoon around noon and quickly died. 

He never came out of the medically induced coma.

Yesterday I got a message from his mother "He is doing okay just sedated."

On No Im so sorry for your loss :-(((((((( ****

• Agree 1

• Punching Bag changed the title to My God-daughter's son in Strong Memorial Hospital in Rochester. Update: He died March 29, 2022
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.