Fitzpatrick Anyone???

wagne591

I was thinking how cool it would be to get Fitzpatrick back in Buffalo...I mean he obviously loves Buffalo or he wouldn't have bared the cold with his boys the night we kick NE's butt.  I just think in order to move forward we need some outside help and different perspective in the Offense and Defense.  Obviously we are going to lose Daboll he is as good as gone.  Josh wants Dorsey as his OC which I am good with that as far as continuity standpoint...but I feel bringing Fitz in as a coach and not the backup would be great and bring a different perspective.  The guy is smart as hell and he seems to love Buffalo.  Just a thought. What do you think?

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

I’m expecting Fitz to announce his retirement.

Hip Subluxation that required season ending Artho Hip Surgery at 39 (to which he would turn 40 during season).

I think one of the reasons Washington was so cool with him showing up to the patriots playoff game is because he’s told them he’s not coming back.  Not to Washington and probably not to the league.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

13 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Didn't he go to Harvard?  I'm not sure if it's been mentioned before.  Pretty smart fella.

No, he didn't go to Harvard.

That was the guy that wears his wedding ring that you are thinking about.

50 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Didn't he go to Harvard?  I'm not sure if it's been mentioned before.  Pretty smart fella.

36 minutes ago, Beast said:

No, he didn't go to Harvard.

That was the guy that wears his wedding ring that you are thinking about.

30 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

No, no, no....you're thinking about the guy with the high pitched scream.

You guys are both wrong! 

You are thinking of Nick O'Leary, who was the grandson of Arnold Palmer!

He also authored a line of children's books centered around a character named Darby the dinosaur.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, wagne591 said:

maybe people will "fear the beard" or maybe the coaches can rub it before every game is hopes of some of his smartness rubs off on them.

Can he teach Josh how to grow a proper beard?

2 hours ago, Victory Formation said:

I would take him as a scout or maybe as an assistant coach, but I’m not sure if Fitz really wants to spend all that time away from his family.

IMO he would work better in front office.  He can work his way up and will not need to start as an intern.  Likely there will be several openings.

I think it would be cool if Mitch moves on to get Fitz to finish his career here as a back up & i still think he has a little bit left in the tank . He is definitely a team guy we all know that and in no way would he challenge Josh that's just not going to happen .

He still has mobility enough so you wouldn't have to change the entire scheme if he was needed to play a few games of course his INT thing can be a little scary but he has had some good success since leaving the Bills so they could do a lot worse . Just check out Geno Smith since leaving the Jets .

But i think it would not only be a fun ride but definitely a fitting end to a decent career & Fitz will always be a main stay here in B/lo & i think even if it doesn't happen we will see him like we did at the Pats game many more times just because he is Fitz & will always be a Buffalo Bill in the fans & his heart !! 

But it would have to be for a veteran deal ! You already got your cash here the last time Fitz !! 

• Vomit 1
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

14 hours ago, wagne591 said:

I was thinking how cool it would be to get Fitzpatrick back in Buffalo...I mean he obviously loves Buffalo or he wouldn't have bared the cold with his boys the night we kick NE's butt.  I just think in order to move forward we need some outside help and different perspective in the Offense and Defense.  Obviously we are going to lose Daboll he is as good as gone.  Josh wants Dorsey as his OC which I am good with that as far as continuity standpoint...but I feel bringing Fitz in as a coach and not the backup would be great and bring a different perspective.  The guy is smart as hell and he seems to love Buffalo.  Just a thought. What do you think?

What he should do is sign a 1 day retirement contract. 

It would be fun to have Fitz as our backup. Hopefully we never have to use him other than maybe 1 game. On a much more important issue is Ken Dorsey. Yesterday on Colin Cowherd,  he said many of his insiders all agree Dorsey will be the next great OC.  Josh and the Pegulas can't let him leave.

• Like (+1) 1

This isn’t happening IMO. The guy has made $82 million dollars in his playing career (amazing!) I doubt he’d want to come back as a QB coach (or lesser) when he could be retired and spending time on the golf course and with his dozen kids. I could be ok with a one year, safety net backup QB contract assuming Mitch isn’t back (which is highly unlikely), but it would have to be on the cheap. 

1 hour ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Fitz made a comment last year that he doesnt like to go back to places hes already been.

He's not coming back folks and his career may be over after that injury

Good point.  There's probably at least a half dozen franchises for which he has not yet been the starting qb.

I think he would make a great qb coach. 

• Haha (+1) 1

I do think there is a chance Trubisky is back if another opportunity does not materialize. 

That said, I think the backup next year is Kyle Allen. I don't know if the WFT tender him considering he is coming of an injury. I think you bring in K. Allen and he competes with Davis Webb. Allen is a young guy with upside who won't give away the game. 

The other guy that makes a ton of sense is Jacoby Brissett. He is a UFA and he has some starting experience. he is also versed in the E-P offensive system. I think he is about as solid you can get on a backup. 

No thanks to Fitzy. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

Good point.  There's probably at least a half dozen franchises for which he has not yet been the starting qb.

I think he would make a great qb coach. 

Not picking on you in particular, but why do people think this? Fitz is a fun guy to root for, but what about him makes him a good coach?

He was not a great teammate after Tua took his job. He doesn't have great fundamentals. He is hardly a technician of QBing. What makes Fitz "good" is his playing style and personality. Guys gravitate to him because he plays so hard and its a great dude. 

Could he be a good coach? Maybe, but just because he's been around for a long time doesn't mean he will be a good coach.

3 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Not picking on you in particular, but why do people think this? Fitz is a fun guy to root for, but what about him makes him a good coach?

He was not a great teammate after Tua took his job. He doesn't have great fundamentals. He is hardly a technician of QBing. What makes Fitz "good" is his playing style and personality. Guys gravitate to him because he plays so hard and its a great dude. 

Could he be a good coach? Maybe, but just because he's been around for a long time doesn't mean he will be a good coach.

He's extremely bright, works and plays well with others, and has seen everything.

Usually it's not the great players who make great coaches.  Everything comes too easy to great players, and they don't get it.  It's the players who struggled who make the good coaches, and that's Fitzpatrick, who worked hard to successfully maximize the limited talent that he had.  If he wants it, I think he would fit in well with the culture McDermott has set up in Buffalo.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.