Dave Portnoy emergency press conference (Super Arrogant Pats Fan)

The 9 Isles

5 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

This is catnip for my soul. I like them apples.

Notice how they don't criticize Mac Jones's lack of arm strength. That's my takeaway when watching him. He's got everything else. But his deep and sideline throws take FOREVER to get there, allowing plays like Hyde made (which was a bonkers pick on its own merit, mind you). 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, gobills404 said:

I don't get why everyone here seems to hate him. I've never heard him say anything but good things about Buffalo and the Bills.

He likes to pat us on the head like we’re his little brother, but could still beat our ass when he’s ready to. Makes him pretty unlikable to me. Especially combined with the fact he’s a masshole 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, gobills404 said:

I don't get why everyone here seems to hate him. I've never heard him say anything but good things about Buffalo and the Bills.

He will slowly accept his teams fate like everyone else and will bow down to Josh Allen as his daddy soon enough. 

38 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

This is catnip for my soul. I like them apples.

Notice how they don't criticize Mac Jones's lack of arm strength. That's my takeaway when watching him. He's got everything else. But his deep and sideline throws take FOREVER to get there, allowing plays like Hyde made (which was a bonkers pick on its own merit, mind you). 

He never throws people open either it looks like…he’ll hit a guy that’s running open but that’s pretty much it 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

He never throws people open either it looks like…he’ll hit a guy that’s running open but that’s pretty much it 

That sounds more like fixable rookie stuff tbh. And I agree.

But the fact that when a guy is WIDE open (like on that Hyde INT play) deep and/or down the sideline, Jones struggles to drive the ball with enough velocity to prevent DBs from recovering. Or when his base is unsettled or too open, and his passes just die on the way to their targets (that late throw to Henry in the flat near the endzone)...that stuff is damning. 

He's Chad Pennington with more size and some sneaky athleticism. 

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Aha!  'Raptor Syndrome'!  I had a foreman who would walk right past someone standing in the maintenance shop doing nothing to go out into the plant and drag guys working on a job off to a breakdown. 🤔😁

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.