Buffalo vs New England Wildcard Game: 8:15 PM Saturday Night

transplantbillsfan

27 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

Does anyone know what time the gates close? 

I’ll be showing up at or around game time… if I have any delays I’ll probably miss the 1stQ. Want to make sure I get in…

I would think you can get in anytime, but call the Bills to check.  Promo’s note about the email is just a warning to get to the gates early to avoid getting hung up in a big crowd and missing the kickoff. But you should be able to enter at anytime. 

11 hours ago, NewEra said:

It’s a Boston based show.  BB is all they have going for them.  He’s a legendary coach and they have nothing else.  Their 2nd ranked defense was just taken to the woodshed by allen 3 weeks ago.  They can’t just stand there and **** on their team for the whole segment can they?  You know this man

Just wait until Belichick retires and McDaniels takes over.  The new MO will be it was about time to get the archaic dinosaur out of there and new fresh blood in.

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, RichRiderBills said:

How rare is it ESPN or media mentions we have the #1 Defense?

I keep hearing and reading the Bills are a "top-ten defense" and "one of the better defenses." I still haven't heard they're the best period in both yards and points. When the Pats were the best in points alone, all you heard was that they were unconditionally the best defense in the league. 

2 hours ago, SCBills said:

Really annoying to see this.   It’s of our own doing.  Obviously we wouldn’t have a dome now anyway, but since we’re not getting one, this will continue to be an issue.  As well as vax requirements that likely isn’t a huge number, but could be the difference between this and a sell out - I know it took the option for myself and a few others to fly up for the game off the table. 

Meh. This is looking like a historically cold game. With  the expected windchill it is -16. I think tickets would be super expensive if the forecast was 25 degrees and 36 inches of snow. 

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, Dr. K said:

I am in n o way shape or form a Pats sympathizer but from what I've seen he makes some pretty good throws, with anticipation and accuracy. His arm is nothing special but he seems pretty smart and relatively composed for a rookie.

I know they are giving him game plans with training wheels on them, but I would not say that this point he can't become a good quarterback. 

He is basically Tua.  Sure he can make some accurate 7 yard throws but if they have to throw downfield he really cant.

8 hours ago, PaattMaann said:

Yea im really not getting the whole "cant pass in the cold" narrative lol. Packers passed for 300 in week 16 in negative temps. 

Passing in the cold is not really the issue.  Josh throws hard and fast.  Its harder to catch a frozen rock with that velocity.

8 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

BTW, I may be wrong, but I don't think I am, and I don't know whether anyone else has brought this up yet, but...

Sean McDermott HC Playoff record with Josh Allen: 2-2

Bill Belichick HC playoff record without Tom Brady: 0-1

Just sayin'

Go Bills!

Belichick is also 1-2 in the playoffs if its his third time playing that team in the same season.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

Question… Does Allen put touch on his passes a lot? What I mean is instead of firing it in like a canon (like say Newton use to or Carr) can he take something off it to make it easier to catch in very cold weather?  Just asking because I don’t see to many Bills games and the ones I have seen he zips them in (seen like 4 games 2 were terrible weather.) 

trying find any place for an advantage lol..

Not really.  He can but usually doesnt.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

They’ve definitely improved running the ball the past 4 weeks or so… how many rushing yards did Josh account for against Atlanta? Almost all of those rushing yards weren’t by design either…. A bigger focus on the ground game just because it’s cold makes little sense to me considering the strength of the offense is the ball in Allen’s hands…. Unless it’s Josh making plays with his feet.

Singletary had 110 yards 2 TDs against Atlanta.  Josh also had 81 yards and 2 TD.

The offense should go through Allens arm but they need to run enough so the defense isnt pinning its ears back at least.  This is playoff time.  They need to do whatever it takes to win.  Doesnt matter if its running, throwing, Allen running, the defense getting 10 turnovers.  Just win the game.  Thats all that matters.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, WotAGuy said:

I would think you can get in anytime, but call the Bills to check.  Promo’s note about the email is just a warning to get to the gates early to avoid getting hung up in a big crowd and missing the kickoff. But you should be able to enter at anytime. 

I’ve heard that only a couple of the gates stay open the whole time (maybe 3 and 4?)

I could be wrong, though…

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Their run defense was peak bad last week. Miami has the worst rushing offense in the league and they ran all over the pats. The pats had to know they were going to  RPO all day and it looked like they never even practiced defending it. 

But did they practice outside that week?

38 minutes ago, Success said:

It's weird w/ Edelman. I could not STAND him as a player.  Found him to be extremely annoying.  But he's kind of likeable and hilarious now.

I don't know about all that, but his sense of humor got a chuckle out of me betting on Pats to get to Super Bowl. But when you have his kind of money it's no problem to toss 100k in the dumpster making a bet like that to get a good laugh

Edited by Sheneneh Jenkins
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

So, who do you all got for the PR/KR this game? Does McD trust either McKenzie or Stevenson? 

i would actually go back to McKenzie on punt returns, as scary as that might be. 

No chance.  Hyde and only Hyde all game.  The ball will be a brick. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

i hear ya. But McKenzie gives us a chance to actually take one to the house. Plus, I worry about Hyde getting injured back there. 

It’s tough because we cannot have a muff. 

And that’s why I don’t think there’s any chance it’s Isaiah. The way I see it, in this weather, there’s a much greater chance for a muff than there is a chance someone takes it to the house 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

51 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

That piece from The Athletic is REALLY SOLID. The following quote, analyzing Mac Jones's decision NOT to throw the ball downfield on a play-action opportunity, is EXACTLY how outside analysts should process their own limitations. Rare quality in the broader ecosystems of sports commentary. 

The author writes, "Instead, he checked the ball down. Without knowing exactly what Jones saw or what he was instructed to do, we can’t say definitively that this was a bad decision. But the point is the Patriots are going to have to capitalize when they have opportunities to make plays downfield" (emphasis mine).

Edited by Richard Noggin
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, Scott7975 said:

It was sarcasm

Unfortunately, so many Bills fans (and fans in general) are STILL stuck on old clichés about football, and a conditioned lack of trust in organizational decisions stemming from over a decade of obvious ineptitude. But the sport in general, and the organization in particular, have evolved beyond our collective nostalgia and shared trauma. 

The stadium (and the internet, and the living room. or the garage or wherever) is filled with unbearable NFL experts whenever the team isn't cruising to victory. We design narratives to fit the way results interact with our beliefs. 

2 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

So, who do you all got for the PR/KR this game? Does McD trust either McKenzie or Stevenson? 

i would actually go back to McKenzie on punt returns, as scary as that might be. 

Depends upon the wind.  They obviously don’t think McKenzie tracks the ball well enough or handles it bouncing well enough in wind.

4 hours ago, Warcodered said:

I can not express how much I enjoyed these “Dad” jokes

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3

3 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I want whoever is the most dependable at catching the ball or getting out of the way, the offense can score the points. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Turk71 said:

I want whoever is the most dependable at catching the ball or getting out of the way, the offense can score the points. 

I'll just stick with Micah Hyde at this point but I'd like him to actually catch the ball when it can be easily done. Against the Jets it seemed like they told him to never catch the ball, strangely.

5 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:
 gonna have to get used to it, cuz it’s well deserved.

joshMcDaniels*

NewEngland*

Belicheat*

Cheaters*

RepeatOffenders*

I am curious about the percent of time the Bills practice inside ahead of a game against the Pats* versus other opponents. Can there still be concerns of outside practices being watched?

Edited by Fan in Chicago
  • Agree 3

13 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I agree, as long as there is no wind. He seems to have trouble tracking in bad conditons. Stevenson is just not savy enough at this point--my only memories of him is running straight into his own teammates. If the conditions are favorable, I go with McKenzie, he is a threat to break one every time--but how are his hands in cold weather? If not, it is Hyde.

Edited by CSBill
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, Success said:

It's weird w/ Edelman. I could not STAND him as a player.  Found him to be extremely annoying.  But he's kind of likeable and hilarious now.

Sure, if you find a person who spends millions of dollars producing a documentary On why they cheated and who they are, I bet he is a blast to be friends with.

5 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Pats* fans may be butthurt having an * next to the team name, but they’re gonna have to get used to it, cuz it’s well deserved.

joshMcDaniels*

NewEngland*

Belicheat*

Cheaters*

RepeatOffenders*

100%. They have been found guilty of cheating multiple times over several years time…to think it wasn’t happening all along is naïve. Glad they aren’t my team. The wins would feel tainted because in my heart I would suspect they used extraordinary measures to accomplish their success.

• Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.