Buffalo vs New England Wildcard Game: 8:15 PM Saturday Night

transplantbillsfan

20 hours ago, Logic said:

It really looks like the Bills will have no excuses not to perform well on offense.

Receivers room fully healthy. Running backs room fully healthy. Offensive line together for the third straight week. Allen healthy. Knox healthy. Weather will be cold, but likely with no significant wind or precipitation.

All systems go. Blast off.

You mean except of playing in inhuman conditions? :)

Some interesting quotes in this article from Aaron Rodgers and Davante Adams about Green Bay and their cold games. 

Talks about the pass rush slowing down in cold games... the pain, the dexterity, and that between 32 to 10 degrees.. not much of a difference.  Under 10 degrees is noticeable. 

https://www.si.com/nfl/packers/news/packers-qb-aaron-rodgers-embraces-cold-forecast-for-sunday-vs-vikings

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

100%. They have been found guilty of cheating multiple times over several years time…to think it wasn’t happening all along is naïve. Glad they aren’t my team. The wins would feel tainted because in my heart I would suspect they used extraordinary measures to accomplish their success.

Maybe this is why McDermott doesn't practice outdoors?

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Doc said:

And that record was with Brady, I'm assuming?

It was.  I originally heard the stat on WGR.  I figured two of them were against the jets, which they were (1-1), but I couldn't figure out who the third one was.  So after some googling, the only other time I could find was against the Giants if you count a preseason game.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, RiotAct said:

One of the two losses was the ‘94 postseason when he was HC of the Browns (they lost to the Steelers).

I think the other one may have been ‘09 against Sexy Rexy and the Jets?

Oh I didn't catch the Browns one when trying to find them.  The Jets with Rex is the loss.  The Jets with Mangini is the win.  If you count preseason they also played the Giants 3 times in the same season.

Edited by Scott7975

2 hours ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Pats are paying with house money at this point, I agree. However, going out there and having fun kinda flies in the face of the "Patriot Way" a bit. 

I think there is a LOT of pressure on the Pats...Bill Belichick is their coach. Everyone kisses the rings. Media has fawned over Jones all season. He's the "New Brady" according to some. And to some...these are the same 'ol Bills that will choke in the bright light despite what they have shown for the last few years. Being we have taken 3 of the last 4, pressure is on the Pats to step up. 

Serious question: Has anyone never taken 3 out of 4 from a BB coached Pats team? Or 4 out of 5?

Its the playoffs and everyone has pressure.  I think its more on the Bills though.  The Bills are the team that is supposed to be here. The Pats not really.

If the Bills lose its the team that was supposed to make a Superbowl and underachieved and choked in the WC game.  If the Pats lose then its no one really expected them to get there and they overachieved and did a good job.

Edited by Scott7975

2 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

Fans should always have faith their team will win.  That said if we had Brady back there and had lost 3 of the last 4.. I’d still expect to crush any team we faced! That said we don’t have Brady, we have a rookie who is supposedly playing threw numerous injuries and still an unknown asset for the long term.  Meanwhile the Bills have an established QB who no matter whose list is too 7 in the league with a D that is pretty good. 

In all honesty the Pats are like what Big Ben said of the Steelers. “ we suck and they are great so we just need go out there and have fun.” Aka all the pressure is on the Bills..

Numerous undisclosed injuries huh.  Whatever you guys need to tell yourselves.  

34 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Its the playoffs and everyone has pressure.  I think its more on the Bills though.  The Bills are the team that is supposed to be here. The Pats not really.

If the Bills lose its the team that was supposed to make a Superbowl and underachieved and choked in the WC game.  If the Pats lose then its no one really expected them to get there and they overachieved and did a good job.

It's more on the Bills because they were in the AFCCG last year. 

I'd say there's still just as much pressure on Belichick individually. He has to get over the post-Brady hump. If the Bills embarass them, then he's on the hot seat for Kraft, considering the well-known fact that Kraft wanted to keep Brady.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Pats are paying with house money at this point, I agree. However, going out there and having fun kinda flies in the face of the "Patriot Way" a bit. 

I think there is a LOT of pressure on the Pats...Bill Belichick is their coach. Everyone kisses the rings. Media has fawned over Jones all season. He's the "New Brady" according to some. And to some...these are the same 'ol Bills that will choke in the bright light despite what they have shown for the last few years. Being we have taken 3 of the last 4, pressure is on the Pats to step up. 

Serious question: Has anyone never taken 3 out of 4 from a BB coached Pats team? Or 4 out of 5?

You know I hear everyone say how the media is drooling over Jones.  It has to be the national media because the ones up here are absolutely brutal on the kid.  (Adam Jones on 98.5 is the worst w him lol)

As for “having fun” I meant more like no pressure since no one, in their right minds, think they will win this game.  Doesn’t matter who the coach is. We have 1 top corner then after that it’s our 4th 5th and Practice squad guys.  But IMO Buffalo has all the pressure, you have the better. Team and they are suppose to be SB Contenders.. meanwhile Pats we’re considered a fringe playoff team..

I think they will make it close and the D once again will fail to make that critical stop to give Jones the ability to win or tie the game late.  (See Indy, Buffalo, Miami etc.) 

2 hours ago, Dont Stop Billeiving said:

Honest question...where have you seen that Mac Jones is playing through several injuries? I ask because I have been reading/listening to Bills vs Pats content all week and I haven't seen or heard this anywhere. I was under the impression that most people agree that his recent decline in play is due to hitting the rookie wall and/or opponents starting to get enough film on him to begin taking away what he does best.

Also, I appreciate the majority of your contributions on here (I like the debate and think it's a good thing when non-troll fans of the opposing team are active on this board), but I have to disagree with your comment about the Bills defense, " a D that is pretty good." The Bills are the #1 scoring defense and the #1 total defense as well as an elite passing defense (#1 by a relative mile). Both of our defenses have struggled vs the run to some extent, but the Bills rank more favorably at 13th in rush yards per game and 11th in rush plays per play. The Bills have managed to accomplish all this even without their All-Pro CB Tre White for a large part of the season and despite only finding the best rotation for our defensive line 3-4 weeks ago. Doesn't matter what opposing fans really think in the end (or Pro Bowl voters for that matter), but the stats don't lie. 

Haven’t seen it anywhere, they have said it on sports radio (George & Max and Zola’s & beetle) that they have heard he is playing threw numerous injuries. It wouldn’t shock me if he was hurt but since he wasn’t limited in practice it wouldn’t show up.. (also explain that HUGE glove on his hand last week) I could also believe he hit the rookie wall I mean 17 games plus 3. Pre season.. that’s a lot more than what he is use to.. 

I said “pretty good” because IMO there are no truly elite or great D’s in the league this year. IMO all of them have an Achilles heal and against the wrong matchup can be exposed. Like IMO the Titan are your D’s worse matchup.. with a great run game and 2 very good WR they be hard press to stop them. Now I can be wrong but that’s my opinion. :)  (FYI doesn’t mean your team couldn’t win just that I think be very high scoring.)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

You know I hear everyone say how the media is drooling over Jones.  It has to be the national media because the ones up here are absolutely brutal on the kid.  (Adam Jones on 98.5 is the worst w him lol)

As for “having fun” I meant more like no pressure since no one, in their right minds, think they will win this game.  Doesn’t matter who the coach is. We have 1 top corner then after that it’s our 4th 5th and Practice squad guys.  But IMO Buffalo has all the pressure, you have the better. Team and they are suppose to be SB Contenders.. meanwhile Pats we’re considered a fringe playoff team..

I think they will make it close and the D once again will fail to make that critical stop to give Jones the ability to win or tie the game late.  (See Indy, Buffalo, Miami etc.) 

More BS.

I live in Mass. I hear the shows. Brutal on the kid?!?! No, sorry. Not remotely true. 

Additionally, they are all high and mighty and have no respect for the Bills. Your assertion that no one in their right mind thinks they will win the game is patently false. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, inaugural balls said:

More BS.

I live in Mass. I hear the shows. Brutal on the kid?!?! No, sorry. Not remotely true. 

Additionally, they are all high and mighty and have no respect for the Bills. Your assertion that no one in their right mind thinks they will win the game is patently false.

Yeah, it's odd.  The Bills will be at home, healthier than they were when they blew-out the Cheaters on their own field, and they've won their last 4 games while the Cheaters have lost 3 of their last 4.

3 hours ago, Son of a K-Gun said:

Nice contrast to last year's playoffs where all of the receivers were hobbled to some degree!

Neither Davis nor Beas look healthy to me. Both seem a little off their game and I notice they both take some time getting up a few plays a game. But neither are on the injury report so idk.

Edited by Tom Donahoe, GM
  • Agree 4

1 minute ago, Tom Donahoe, GM said:

Neither Davis nor Beas look healthy to me. Both seem a little off their game and I notice they both take some time getting up a few plays a game. But neither are on the injury report so idk.

Beasley looks particularly bad. I don’t know what it is— may be those ribs still. He doesn’t look right. 

i actually am predicting that Sanders is going to have a huge game this week.  He will have a huge matchup advantage of Mills is out.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Patriots injury update:

Jamie Collins back at practice. Jalen Mills (Covid) and Isaiah Wynn (ankle / Knee) still out. They also mentioned Kyle Dugger was not around.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/jamie-collins-returns-to-patriots-practice-jalen-mills-isaiah-wynn-still-missing-report/ar-AASKJxJ

31 minutes ago, CorkScrewHill said:

Patriots injury update:

Jamie Collins back at practice. Jalen Mills (Covid) and Isaiah Wynn (ankle / Knee) still out. They also mentioned Kyle Dugger was not around.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/jamie-collins-returns-to-patriots-practice-jalen-mills-isaiah-wynn-still-missing-report/ar-AASKJxJ

Wynn, Mills, and Dugger would all be huuuuge losses for the Pats. I’ve seen some speculation that Dugger may play, but with a clubbed hand. Have to think that makes him less effective at shedding blocks and hand-fighting.

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, CorkScrewHill said:

Patriots injury update:

i am surprised that Barmore is practicing. The dude was Carted off crying last game. 

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Barmore being out will be huge for us.  Please Lord, they have 6 Super Bowls and we have none.  Barmore is wealthy and young....he will be okay if that knee pain doesn't subside until Sunday.  

I'd rather he played. Likely hitting a rookie wall. Not a cold weather guy either, not much experience. We did just fine on him a few weeks ago.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.