Buffalo vs New England Wildcard Game: 8:15 PM Saturday Night

transplantbillsfan

On 1/11/2022 at 3:06 PM, Success said:

One thing I've noticed about Pats fans - their rooting interests these days lie much more in seeing the misery of other fanbases, as opposed to enjoying their own success.

Maybe that happens after you win so much. But man, have I seen a lot of sentiments along the lines of just wanting to win to stick it to Bills fans, who they think have gotten "cocky."

Self-awareness doesn't seem to really be a thing w/ that crew.

That's actually human nature. Don't remember where I heard about that, but people actually like to see the fall of somebody they don't support rather than the success of somebody they support. They get a bigger serotonin kick. Not everybody is like that, but a majority is. It's part of why canceling became big 💯

Edited by Rumblinstumblin
  • Dislike 1

6 hours ago, DapperCam said:

I say do that until Jones proves he can handle/counter it. Of course with the weather he may not pass very much...

all the more reason to send guys, stop the run before they even get started. if the bills stop the run this game get real ugly for the pats

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, gordong said:

all the more reason to send guys, stop the run before they even get started. if the bills stop the run this game get real ugly for the pats

Edmonds should only be on the field on 3rd and long , basically passing downs 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Putin said:

Edmonds should only be on the field on 3rd and long , basically passing downs 

They should be in a 4-3.

Edmunds, Milano and Klein for the majority.

Why would you want only Edmunds on the field for 3rd and longs?

I would argue that they should get out of nickel and Taron should only be on the field on obvious passing downs

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

If he’s symptomatic he literally can’t play because the game is in less than 5 days I’m pretty sure  

Nope. Most times when there is news on a Wednesday or earlier of a player testing positive, that player ends up playing. It's because the test was actually the day before and they can test out as late as game day. It's incredibly annoying, but you can't do the usual counting of exactly 5 days forward from the time the news breaks.

Pretty funny from this morning's New York Times (gulp!):

"The Patriots’ offense is more of a family SUV than a sports car, and while the rookie quarterback Mac Jones keeps his hands at 10 and 2 o’clock and signals before every turn, he’s not quite ready for rush hour on the turnpike. Jones’s efficiency rating on passes of 15-plus yards downfield of 58.4 ranks 27th among starting quarterbacks, per Sports Info Solutions. Force the Patriots out of their running-and-defense game plan, and Jones looks more like another Zach Wilson than the next Tom Brady."

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

8 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

And they scored 10 points in the game as McD feared putting the ball in his best players hands due to the wind for much of the game… until Josh demonstrated he could throw us just fine even against it…. I think you practice how you play, and if you can practice in similar game time conditions you take advantage. 

We were 1-4 in the redzone.  
He couldn’t throw just fine it it.  It was an anomaly.  You don’t remember Allen’s 5 yard out that was pushed sideways?  Or the deep ball to Diggs where he couldn’t judge it because it was moving like crazy?

If we were built like the Jets with that scary WR core, we would be okay.  Davis and Mims just can’t be stopped.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Ray Stonada said:

Pretty funny from this morning's New York Times (gulp!):

"The Patriots’ offense is more of a family SUV than a sports car, and while the rookie quarterback Mac Jones keeps his hands at 10 and 2 o’clock and signals before every turn, he’s not quite ready for rush hour on the turnpike. Jones’s efficiency rating on passes of 15-plus yards downfield of 58.4 ranks 27th among starting quarterbacks, per Sports Info Solutions. Force the Patriots out of their running-and-defense game plan, and Jones looks more like another Zach Wilson than the next Tom Brady."

We all know that Mac isn't driving the van...Mommy Belichick has him strapped in his baby seat in the back.

Edited by Son of a K-Gun
fat fingers
  • Haha (+1) 2

I swear to god the whole Boston area is clinging to the bellicheck factor. It’s like their “break glass in case of emergency” last ditch effort. 

I just listened to a Boston radio guy on an ESPN interview talk for 3 minutes about how Bellicheck owns mcdermott and lives in his head…… after we’ve just taken the last 2 division titles and are 3-1 over the last 2 years. 

Elite mental gymnastics 

• Like (+1) 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.