Buffalo vs New England Wildcard Game: 8:15 PM Saturday Night

transplantbillsfan

Just now, The Bills Blog said:

The Patriots are practicing outside all week. The Bills are practicing inside. It will be 0° for the game on Saturday. I'm sorry, but I find this obviously problematic.

Im sure Friday, like Saturdays, walk through is in the Stadium. They have played in crap all year.  If they can get more reps and better practices inside, so be it.  They practice outside alot too.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Bills players live in this cold.  If anything, practicing every day in 0 degrees will limit how they can prepare & make them tired of it.

Players have spoken about that. If you're losing a game and it's that cold, at a certain point, you just want to go home.

10 minutes ago, The Bills Blog said:

The Patriots are practicing outside all week. The Bills are practicing inside. It will be 0° for the game on Saturday. I'm sorry, but I find this obviously problematic.

Maybe this needs pinned. The Bill always practice outside on Fridays for Sunday games, particularly if the weather mimics expected game conditions. They didn’t last week only because there was too much snow on the ground to benefit (and it wasn’t expected to be that way for the game). Tomorrow is their normal Friday, given the Saturday game. That would be the expected outside practice, not today.  I don’t expect McDermott to alter their routine and practice cycle for the playoffs. Neither team will have the opportunity to practice in the expected game elements. The pats didn’t practice at all yesterday, when it was actually a high of 13.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, NewEra said:

It’s possible to run the ball more than you like while still making Josh the focal point of the offense.  Did you watch the falcon game?  11-27 3 ints-  we ran the ball more than we threw.  We won.  A winter weather game in Buffalo….it’s unlikely that we will be throwing the ball all over the yard and have much success.  

Look back at our home games since November.  How many “great games” did josh have throwing the ball?  72, 75, 91, 17, 83 qbr in home games since November.  His TD/Ints in those games are 8/6.  Our run game has carried us down the stretch…..ever since the NE loss. Go figure 

I'm not counting out a potentially strong passing game.

If it's not windy they might be able to throw it around well.    

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Success said:

Bills players live in this cold.  If anything, practicing every day in 0 degrees will limit how they can prepare & make them tired of it.

Players have spoken about that. If you're losing a game and it's that cold, at a certain point, you just want to go home.

Bengals are winning the Superbowl than.  They dont have an indoor facility so they are the most hardened team in the league. 100% agree.  Player management in 2021 is just as important as anything in January.

• Like (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I wonder what they would go for if we had some climate control?

First home playoff game in front of a potentially FULL stadium in over 2 decades…..and tickets are selling for under $50.  That’s really sad. 

dave chappelle tyrone biggums GIF

That's really pathetic. 

Bills are able to sell out games now because season tickets are dirt cheap. 

With PSLs and increased prices, I wouldn't be surprised if they struggle to sell out multiple games a year with a new stadium, even if it's only 60kish seats. 

Open air in Orchard Park, brilliant!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yea im really not getting the whole "cant pass in the cold" narrative lol. Packers passed for 300 in week 16 in negative temps. 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

BTW, I may be wrong, but I don't think I am, and I don't know whether anyone else has brought this up yet, but...

Sean McDermott HC Playoff record with Josh Allen: 2-2

Bill Belichick HC playoff record without Tom Brady: 0-1

Just sayin'

Go Bills!

LOUD NOISES!!

• Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yeah they might.  Like josh said in his pressure, this game will be about adapting and finding new wrinkles. Sounds like that’s been the emphasis.  

let’s just hope he looks better throwing the ball than he has in the last 2 games. 0 degrees sucks.  

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, The Bills Blog said:

The Bills practice in the same colored jersey as they wear in the game that week. McDermott leaves no stones unturned when it comes to preparation. Whether they practice inside or outside there’s a reason for it. They will be ready on Saturday night. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

Yea im really not getting the whole "cant pass in the cold" narrative lol. Packers passed for 300 in week 16 in negative temps. 

The packers have Aaron Rodgers. I love josh….but he’s not the passer that Aaron Rodgers is.  He’s just not…..yet

Anyone remember the classic Packers/Giants game before the Giants beat the Pats in the SB that 1st time?

It was colder, and Eli was slinging it all over the place.  The QB's combined for close to 500 yards.  The Giants actually played one of their best games.

It's the wind that I didn't want.  I'd love a day game w/ more mild temps, since I think any weather is generally an advantage for the underdog, but the Bills are a tough team and I think they'll thrive if cold is the only factor.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

For those not here in WNY. 38 and 0…It’s 38 degrees difference.
So, remember, 38F + 38F is 76F. What do you feel 38F vs 76F?

0 just hurts catching THE ROCK. 

I’m not sure how anyone can “practice” in 0. Maybe the indoor practice facility is 40 degrees

Edited by Since1981
  • Like (+1) 3

Weather, weather, weather.

Let's look at some matchups and factors that will decide the game!

Judon vs Dawkins - Dawkins got the better of this one in the last meeting between these two teams, turning Judon into a non-factor. That said, Judon was placed on the COVID list the very next day, so who knows how much stock to put into his performance in that game. He has previously had big days against the Bills when he was a member of the Ravens. Whether and to what extent Judon can impact Josh Allen will be one of the biggest determining factors in the outcome of this game.

Will Barmore and Mills play? Arguably the most consistent pressure-creator on the Pats' d-line is Christian Barmore. He was hurt last week, but the MRI showed no serious damage. It is unknown whether he will be healthy enough to be in the lineup this week. If he isn't, it's a huge break for Buffalo's running AND passing games. Jalen Mills, meanwhile, has been playing quite well lately as CB2 for the Patriots, and he's currently on the COVID list. The Bills lacked a healthy Gabe Davis the last time these two teams played. With his return to the lineup -- and the return to health of Emmanuel Sanders -- the Patriots better hope that Mills returns to the lineup for Saturday's game. The depth behind he and JC Jackson is not super great. 

Can the Bills keep the running game going? Since week 11, the Patriots have the fourth WORST run defense in the league. The Bills, in that time, have the third BEST rushing attack. Can Singletary keep up his recent string of impressive performances? Can the Bills effectively unleash Josh Allen as a runner? Allen has rushed for over 60 yards in three straight games. In the frigid night air of Orchard Park, who's gonna want to tackle Allen if he gets running at full speed? Would YOU?

Bills D-line vs Pats O-line - The Bills d-line, led by Harrison Phillips and Ed Oliver, has really ratcheted up their effectiveness the past few weeks. They've been stopping the run, holding their ground, beating double teams, bending the edge, and pressuring and sacking the quarterback. That said, no one would mistake the Pats' excellent offensive line for the lackluster groups of the Falcons and Jets. The ability of the Bills to pressure Mac Jones and force him into rookie mistakes will be paramount to the success of the Buffalo defense.

Can anyone return kicks and punts? Bueller? Bueller? This has all the makings of a game where, if the Bills don't shoot themselves in the foot with stupid mistakes, they should win. Not committing penalties, executing their assignments soundly and tackling well, and most importantly: HOLDING ON TO THE FOOTBALL. The Bills return game has been a revolving door of terrifying fumble-itis lately. I think we're all to the point where we hold our breath any time McKenzie or Stevenson field a kick. It is my hope that Hyde is used as the punt returner and that the Bills don't have to field many kickoffs. Belichick, though, will likely instruct his kickers to kick the ball off short of the end zone, thus FORCING the Bills to return it. I don't care if they don't have big return yardage -- all I care about in those instances is that they hold on to the football.

Ultimately, just like last time these two teams played, the team that wins the line of scrimmage most often on both sides of the ball and takes care of the football will win. I'm less worried about the Pats beating the Bills than the Bills beating themselves. Play a clean game, play physical in the trenches, don't turn the ball over, and the Bills win.

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 5

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

The packers have Aaron Rodgers. I love josh….but he’s not the passer that Aaron Rodgers is.  He’s just not…..yet

Yea I agree. I am just saying passing in the cold isn't some impossible feat many many here and in the media are making it out to be. 

For the record, even little Jordan Love was able to complete passes in the game after Rodgers came out. 

Christ, even Sean Mannion almost threw for 200 yards and a tuddy lol 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.