Dion Dawkins activated from Covid list

YoloinOhio

Just now, No Place To Hyde said:

As great as it is that Dawkins is back...wouldn't shock me if he's either inactive or dresses but doesn't start. Guy hasn't practiced in a while and may be hard pressed to play next day. McD seems to like to bring players back slowly as well.

Disagree with this 100%, it's one thing if coming back from injury...another altogether if he tested positive and has had no symptoms/impact on conditioning.

Just now, No Place To Hyde said:

As great as it is that Dawkins is back...wouldn't shock me if he's either inactive or dresses but doesn't start. Guy hasn't practiced in a while and may be hard pressed to play next day. McD seems to like to bring players back slowly as well.

Nope. If it's Dawkins just back vs. Bobby Hart, Dawkins will start.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Did you watch Spencer Brown last week?

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Lets just hope his family is ok. 

5 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Players don’t miss games for personal reasons usually unless someone died.

Hopefully, it's not something serious. However, if it's not actually something serious it's seriously starting to have a Vontae Davis vibe to it...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

No time for that. Season might be on the line, he is playing.

• Agree 2

8 minutes ago, WMDman said:

other than the signed Diggs jersey I got(yes im flexing on the internet) this is the best Christmas gift yet!

My brother bought me a signed Peterman jersey from the famous 5 int game. I tried to high five him but missed his hand and slapped him in the face

• Haha (+1) 12

9 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I wonder if Star opted out. New covid rules allow high risk to opt out.

yeah.  opt out but with zero pay.

Its easier to "opt in" out

and by "easier" I mean lucrative-er.

Edited by maddenboy

If Star has had a family issue or such I get it. If it is him just not be motivated or concerned about Covid or something then hard to have any sympathy.  But odds are we won’t find out what’s going on.

Dawkins?  The question is whether he feels physically well enough to play.

33 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

My brother bought me a signed Peterman jersey from the famous 5 int game. I tried to high five him but missed his hand and slapped him in the face

Bills jersey or Chargers?

• Haha (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Commish said:

Can Dawkins wear an Inogen on the field?

he should be sleeping in a hyperbaric oxygen chamber

23 minutes ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

please cut star ASAP

Yeah that will this team. Hes not great but hes better than the alternative. Maybe they can move him next year or rework his contract but for right now we need him.

55 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Players don’t miss games for personal reasons usually unless someone died. So that’s enough.

Yeah , except he has missed several games this year.   Normally with a death they mention that , esp as generous as the bills mafia is supporting players in that situation. Personal reason can be mental health related in a variety of fields, like depression, anxiety, substance abuse etc. This has been a gradually developing situation over a few days, not a typical death in the family situation where the reason is shrouded by team, press etc.   imho, something else is going on , and I am just going on a hunch based on behavioral patterns with Starr , but I am sensing he is close to being done with football. Perhaps that personal reason is they are giving him time to decide if he wants to retire now or finish the season.    Mcd is loyal and classy that way , and like they say , where’s there’s smoke……….He has missed quite a few games with vague descriptions of the injuries or reasons.  If he had a loss in the family , my condolences. It’s unusual tho , most players won’t miss a huge season determining game , saying Their lost one would have wanted them to play , and it’s a way to honor their memory.  Just saying , something seems out of the ordinary , and this guy might have lost his passion to play. 

An undisclosed personal illness where he wishes privacy would certainly be possible. I know it’s just speculation , but based on the fact he was one of the few Bills who readily opted out of last year.  He’s older. , at some point you reach a wall where you just can’t keep doing it.  Not Vontae like , yet, but I think warning signs are there. Just some thoughts, hope you all had a merry Christmas with healthy families!  

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1