Bills' Spencer Brown fined $5K for celebrating TD with fan's beer

HOUSE

image.png.d8e11d177bf119f493ba83e6e8736f21.png

Jason Owens

There is perhaps no greater honor for a Buffalo Bills fan than a player choosing you — and your beer — to celebrate a touchdown in Orchard Park.

Rich Donohue was the recipient of such honor on Sunday when Bills left tackle Spencer Brown spotted him in the stands holding a tall boy. Stefon Diggs had just corralled a touchdown pass from Josh Allen against the Carolina Panthers. Brown, relishing his role as Buffalo's designated on-field cheerleader, guided Diggs in Donohue's direction, grabbed Donohue's beer and proceeded to pour it all over the triumphant Bills wide receiver. He saved enough to dump on his own face.

https://sports.yahoo.com/no-fun-league-bills-spencer-brown-fined-5-k-for-celebrating-td-with-fans-beer-215108664.html

For $5000 he could have bought 3 inside the stadium

Edited by HOUSE
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 17
  • Thank you (+1) 2

• HOUSE changed the title to Bills' Spencer Brown fined $5K for celebrating TD with fan's beer
22 minutes ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

Spencer Brown is a sunburst in a league of grey. So glad we drafted this kid, I think his career is going to be full of memorable moments that fans will love him for.

Hopefully those moments don’t include getting our franchise QB killed.

(I keed, I keed…really like the swagger from Brown and hope he is a good one for years)

• Like (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

Actually, all fine monies go to the NFL Foundation: https://www.nflfoundation.org/

great info thanks ..that does make me feel at least a little better for spencer brown and his wallet. Im thinking the man will be paid someday and a  5 grand will be a measley drop in his bucket then. yep 🙂

m

Edited by muppy

1 minute ago, Scott7975 said:

I mean... Bud Light is the official sponsor of the NFL.  He just gave them free advertising and now he is fined? hahahaha

That was my question. If it's the official sponsor, it is surprising ha ha. Though this fine just made free publicity for all the parties involved, Spencer, the NFL, Bud Light

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Jerome007 said:

That was my question. If it's the official sponsor, it is surprising ha ha. Though this fine just made free publicity for all the parties involved, Spencer, the NFL, Bud Light

I wonder if it is permissable for Bud Light to reimburse him the $5k (or more) for the publicity he is giving them?

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

5 hours ago, HOUSE said:

For $5000 he could have bought 3 inside the stadium

When I saw the thread title, I thought, "That's just to repay the fan for his stadium beer."

2 hours ago, muppy said:

in the grand scheme of things 5 grand IS a lot of money but to me memories and occasions like that are priceless. If the NFL had any class they'd donate the fine to a charity and call it win win.

All player fines go to charities.

https://operations.nfl.com/inside-football-ops/rules-enforcement/accountability-fines-appeals/

• Thank you (+1) 1

LOL I love this thread. He and dawson Knox  are now officially my Bills crushes. It worked for Dawson. I'll make Spencer my wingman Tck.  dude will be golden he is muppy crush status Spencer Brown u animal U.......

lmaoooo

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.