I know it is a long way out - 8 Days, but you got to be kidding Foxborough Weather

Billsfan1972

3 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/foxborough/02035/afternoon-weather-forecast/2089589?day=8

Look at the wind & gusts.....

Football gods must be hate the Bills.......😜

WE SHOULD WIN UNDER THESE CONDITIONS, PERIOD.

We held them to a low point total and Josh was slinging it but we didn't score enough when we had the opportunities. Harris not playing and possibly Agholor and Harry is huge for us.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/foxborough/02035/afternoon-weather-forecast/2089589?day=8

You're right. Let's blame the gods for building a light weight,  fast track predominant passing offense to thrive in the elements of Western NY or any other cold weather state. 😅

Edited by billsbackto81
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2

We learned our lesson.  I don’t care if it’s 50 mph winds and snow.  

Throw the ball.  Unleash Josh Allen.  

We drafted him to be the guy that can do that when teams we play have QB’s who can’t. 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

We have already seen that Josh can throw in the wind. So as long as Daboll doesn't get stupid and waste plays trying to run inside the 10 yard line then we should be alright. That drove me insane last game. We get inside the 10 only to get no gain or a yard on a carry. Just throw the freaking ball 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

Just now, Billsfan1972 said:

And knowing that NE will run the ball when they lineup with everyone on the LOS (except the qb/rbS)?

That was the problem though with how the D has to defend that . That’s why Harris broke his big run. Same thing happened to the pats with Taylor last night. When you have everyone up at the LOS because you know they are going to run, if one gap isn’t filled you have no one on the back end to tackle a runner who breaks free. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Actually...great news.

Allen was able to throw in winds much worse on the last game. Mac was not. This wind will be a cakewalk (©teef) for him while Mac should still struggle.

And if they want to run 95% of the time against I think McD and Frazier will have some lessons learned from the last game.

2 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Oh good, so light winds compared to two weeks ago in Buffalo.

Do think the Bills need to not fear the wind like they did in the 1st half two weeks ago, or figure out how to run the ball with success.  Of those two options I'll take passing into the wind.

7 minutes ago, Bferra13 said:

If Daboll doesn't impress immensely these last few games and playoffs (hopefully) he can be building his Legos as I far as I care. But I'd rather see him gone. 

I’d rather see him turn things around, but I don’t think it’ll happen playing with this OL

5 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Funny.

But here’s 2 things.

1) You have the most strong armed QB, this side of HOFer Rogers!

2) The same guy needs 2 TDs to be the # 3 ALL TIME Bill’s Rusher for TDs... after Thurman & OJ!

( Oh... forgot #3.

Doughball who doesn’t have a ***** clue about the first two!

Doomed.)

5 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Meh. The Bills are the better team and should win the game. It will be a great playoff-type test.

Let's not go down this road again...

We have to PROVE we're better. Having more talent at skill positions & a more dynamic QB doesn't mean as an entire unit we're a better team... That requires the entire unit to display superior team play, which we are very hit or miss.

There's zero doubt in my mind we can go in there & win, but they have to earn that reputation as the class of the AFCE again.

6 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

You're right. Let's blame the gods for building a light weight,  fast track predominant passing offense to thrive in the elements of Western NY or any other cold weather state. 😅

Have you forgotten the K-Gun offense? Sure it wasn't as pass happy, but they played using turf shoes for crying out loud and were wildly successful.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

I actually hope they get 60 mile an hour gusts again as long as our coaches aren't too stupid to figure it out we have the only quarterback that can play in that weather.

1 minute ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

I actually hope they get 60 mile an hour gusts again as long as our coaches aren't too stupid to figure it out we have the only quarterback that can play in that weather.

They didn't figure that out in the first meeting...

1 minute ago, Herc11 said:

Have you forgotten the K-Gun offense? Sure it wasn't as pass happy, but they played using turf shoes for crying out loud and were wildly successful.

Yeah well you got a Thurman Thomas and Kenny Davis lying around anywhere? Cause that's what's needed if this team is to compete in inclement weather.

1 minute ago, billsbackto81 said:

Yeah well you got a Thurman Thomas and Kenny Davis lying around anywhere? Cause that's what's needed if this team is to compete in inclement weather.

Just pointing out that a high flying offense can excel in inclement weather

5 minutes ago, Herc11 said:

Just pointing out that a high flying offense can excel in inclement weather

Agreed. But what I was pointing out is this team as currently constructed with its weak undersized O line and lackluster RBs makes tough sledding in bad weather, especially against teams that can pound it on the ground and play solid D.

6 hours ago, SCBills said:

We learned our lesson.  I don’t care if it’s 50 mph winds and snow.  

Throw the ball.  Unleash Josh Allen.  

We drafted him to be the guy that can do that when teams we play have QB’s who can’t. 

It would be so great to watch Josh throw the ball around and get a couple score lead and watch McCorkle Jones’ arm get exposed. 

The weather looks fine next Sunday, nothing like the first time we faced them. This is the forecast directly from the Boston national weather service. I called the bad weather for that last Patriots game 8 days before and posted it here. Right now it looks fine.

Sunday

Mostly sunny, with a high near 38. Northwest wind 9 to 13 mph.

Edited by Awwufelloff

6 hours ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

WE SHOULD WIN UNDER THESE CONDITIONS, PERIOD.

We held them to a low point total and Josh was slinging it but we didn't score enough when we had the opportunities. Harris not playing and possibly Agholor and Harry is huge for us.

How do you know Harris won’t play next week? Word is he could have gone yesterday but they wanted another week of rest because next Sunday is huge.  Harry and Avalon are definitely questionable as they both took head shots. 

The weather in the first game ended up being a HUGE advantage for the Bills. An NFL team, in the year 2021, threw the ball 3 ****ing times. 

We lost because we gave the game away be repeatedly shooting ourselves in the foot. Let's just not do that again. 

4 hours ago, Bferra13 said:

If Daboll doesn't impress immensely these last few games and playoffs (hopefully) he can be building his Legos as I far as I care. But I'd rather see him gone. 

Or at least bring in an assistant OC with a Greg Roman type adaptive run approach and use him to install some down blocking or zone blocking concepts we can use to free up our runners.

Daboll does a lot of things well, but needs a boost in the balanced offense department before his Oline has a mutiny and kills him (or someone hurts Josh).  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.