Bills will win out. And then...anything can happen

Hebert19

25 minutes ago, 727Bills said:

Seriously how many loses does a team need to "wake up".  Here is a thought, maybe we just aren't that good and last year was a mirage.

Lost to the effin Jags this year... Zero confidence this team wins out 

They woke up in the second half.  

5 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Yeah saw that. Shocking since he finished the game and looked good doing so. Got to believe it is nothing but then why have the boot right? 

Lets hope it’s a “manage the pain” type of injury. if they find any kind of fracture in there it’s Trubisky time.  And we get start dusting off the mock draft boards. 

1 minute ago, Mat68 said:

They woke up in the second half.  

No doubt they did as could be said for other games where we went out and won a week after a bad loss only to fall asleep again and lose the week after that... Inconsistent is their MO for most of the season and I don't see that changing 

Just now, zow2 said:

Lets hope it’s a “manage the pain” type of injury. if they find any kind of fracture in there it’s Trubisky time.  And we get start dusting off the mock draft boards. 

Turbitzky could feel in for a week against the Panthers and Bills might win. But a fracture could be longer. I think Josh would gut it out though until the season was over and take the off-season to recover.

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

Especially if they lose to the Colts.

Thinking it is better the Colts lose and Bills just handle their own business against the Pats. Bills can own tiebreakers over the Pats but not over the Colts.

7 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Turbitzky could feel in for a week against the Panthers and Bills might win. But a fracture could be longer. I think Josh would gut it out though until the season was over and take the off-season to recover.

Thinking it is better the Colts lose and Bills just handle their own business against the Pats. Bills can own tiebreakers over the Pats but not over the Colts.

yeah but then we’d have to hope the Pats drop another game besides the Buffalo one.

38 minutes ago, Governor said:

Definitely not winning out. 2 more wins at best and we might be without Josh.

3 wins. Have you looked at the schedule? We have the Panthers, Falcons and Jets all at home. Only game we're losing in the last 4 is the Pats game

Edited by Buffalo03

31 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

Even with Josh fit and healthy I still think we go 3 and 1 at best. Believe Belichick has our number and have doubts we’re strong enough to overcome that at the moment.

3 and 1 is highly likely to get us into the playoffs.

If we play NE like we played in second half tonight, we'll beat NE by a couple TDs.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

3 wins. Have you looked at the schedule? We have the Panthers, Falcons and Jets all at home. Only game we're losing in the last 4 is the Pats game

after what happened with Jacksonville, we can’t take anything for granted.

That being said, I think they’ll take care of business against the three non-New-England opponents.

Edited by RiotAct

Just now, RiotAct said:

after what happened with Jacksonville, we can’t take anything for granted.

That being said, I think they’ll take care of business against the three non-New-England opponents.

That was a one off. Trust me, this team is too talented to have it happen twice 

31 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Pats beat the Colts you need them to lose to either Jags or Miami. I don’t see that happening this year. Not with this D

Josh had to play like a possessed maniac.... And they still lost!!    The Bills would need a similar Allen effort to beat the Pats, How many more of these kind of games can he possibly have in him, and do we have ANY right to expect this kind of play? That Jags game is an absolute killer. Among the five 7-6 teams. The Bills have the WORST conference record except for the Bronco's who are pretenders anyway. A loss to the Pats and were really in a bad spot. 

1 minute ago, Ross Murdock said:

Josh had to play like a possessed maniac.... And they still lost!!    The Bills would need a similar Allen effort to beat the Pats, How many more of these kind of games can he possibly have in him, and do we have ANY right to expect this kind of play? That Jags game is an absolute killer. Among the five 7-6 teams. The Bills have the WORST conference record except for the Bronco's who are pretenders anyway. A loss to the Pats and were really in a bad spot. 

Actually, as long as we win the 3 "easy" games, we've got a great shot at making the playoffs.

@ 88% chance according to NY Times.

Beating the Patriots would be 100% chance, and much preferred, however.

If we play NE like we played in the second half tonight, we'll beat them by 2 TDs +.

Mac has had a great rookie year, but he ain't no Tom Brady, and he ain't no Josh Allen either.

14 minutes ago, ßookie_tech said:

If they put an effort into s running game, absolutely. A running game is a qbs best friend, especially on the road. It’s unfair to 17 how one dimensional this offense is. 

This is a popular opinion here among a certain type of fan, but when you pay Josh the money you paid him, it's not unfair to ask him to be a superstar.

Just now, Nextmanup said:

This is a popular opinion here among a certain type of fan, but when you pay Josh the money you paid him, it's not unfair to ask him to be a superstar.

Yes but do you think it’s coincidence that we mounted a comeback and Josh looked way better, once they began to run the ball? When your OL is struggling in pass pro, you have to at least try and run the ball… more than twice in a half of football. I don’t know how this is not ok with so many on here. 

1 minute ago, Nextmanup said:

This is so wrong.

Yes Allen is getting paid a lot of money, but he has basically been playing with a high school equivalent team around him. There is no one, with the possible exception of Lamar Jackson, who is tasked to do more for his team.

Maybe he can be the first two way player since Chuck Bednarik and start playing defensive tackle too

Bruce Arians Bucs coach in his post game press conference stated - "He would NEVER put a quarterback in harms way that much, but that Allen played a heck of a game". Just another point that confirms that the Bills put almost everything on Allen. To me it's cowardly for a coach to coach the way McDermitt does. It's like admitting he has no answers except to put everything on Josh. You don't go to the playoffs as a one person team in the NFL.       

• Dislike 1

I've been seeing these good loss threads since Tennessee and I'm sorry but it's insane. There's no good loss. This team is on the playoff bubble right now. I'm still rooting and think they have a good chance. Injuries happen to other teams too, etc., but I'm not thrilled about this team's Super Bowl possibilities right now, sorry.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, RiotAct said:

yeah but then we’d have to hope the Pats drop another game besides the Buffalo one.

Forgot we are two games back now. Next weeks game is real interesting. Almost doesn't matter who wins. I don't really feel like winning the division is a must if it doesn't come along with the #1 seed. I'm totally fine with this team playing well on the road in a wild card game. Some of their bad performances have come at home in really bad weather. 

This team is absolutely not Super Bowl material this season. We can't even stop the run my goodness. And Josh Allen is officially hurt; he's in a walking boot. Get a clue.

QB Josh Allen will still find ways to play, but he's nowhere near 100%.

And no, we're not winning out. Realism is officially here. I'm not sure if we're making the playoffs. If we miss the playoffs, there has to be firings from the coaching staff.

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

Ask him to be a super star is fine. And he is. Ask him to win each game on his own is not realistic. Your anti Josh sh1t is getting old. Go root for the Pats*  jagoff

1 hour ago, Buffalo03 said:

Why are some of you so scared of the Pats*? They’re not that good. Buffalo should’ve beaten them last week if not not for poor coaching and dropped balls. Bills will beat them in foxborough. Watch and see. They’re an average team at a best that’s on a roll. 

I’ve been very negative about the team lately but they finally showed some heart in the second half. If Trubisky plays next week and everybody raises their game to compensate it could keep this spark going. Josh has to be back by NE however. Josh is, no doubt, on a different level. He played a tremendous game today.  

55 minutes ago, AlfaBill said:

Ask him to be a super star is fine. And he is. Ask him to win each game on his own is not realistic. Your anti Josh sh1t is getting old. Go root for the Pats*  jagoff

Why are some of you so scared of the Pats*? They’re not that good. Buffalo should’ve beaten them last week if not not for poor coaching and dropped balls. Bills will beat them in foxborough. Watch and see. They’re an average team at a best that’s on a roll. 

I'm not scared of the Pats, it's just now with the Pats being relevant again, I'm more scared of the refs screwing us on calls to kill our chances. I hate to blame the refs and a lot of times I don't but the Patriots are the one team since Belichick has been there except maybe last year with Brady gone that we have had some extremely terrible calls against us when we play them. I just see the same crap happening 

47 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson said:

As long as we take care of business against Panthers, Falcons, Jets, we have nearly a 90% chance of making the playoffs--with a loss to NE.

If we beat NE, we're in.

But the time for disappointing performances is now over! 

We gotta perform now.

I predicted that they would lose to the Bucs but I also said that it would be their last loss in the reg season. They will win every game beginning this coming week. Book it. 

1 hour ago, Buffalo03 said:

I'm not scared of the Pats, it's just now with the Pats being relevant again, I'm more scared of the refs screwing us on calls to kill our chances. I hate to blame the refs and a lot of times I don't but the Patriots are the one team since Belichick has been there except maybe last year with Brady gone that we have had some extremely terrible calls against us when we play them. I just see the same crap happening 

If the Bills execute and Sean learns how to actually scheme.. this team will be fine and the refs will be an afterthought. I remember the preferential treatment that Wayne Gretzky and Michael Jordan used to get. I saw Jordan shoot fade always untouched and there would be a whistle.  It was ridiculous.  Wayne would get the benefit of the doubt too.  Hooking calls were an automatic penalty.. and then he would score on the power play like a cold blooded beast.  It is what it is.  No amount of whining and moping will change it.  The Bills need to earn it.

Edited by KeLLy1278

3 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

Pats beat the Colts 

Didn't realize that game was played this weekend, thanks for letting us know. 

2 hours ago, Buffalo Ballin said:

This team is absolutely not Super Bowl material this season. We can't even stop the run my goodness. And Josh Allen is officially hurt; he's in a walking boot. Get a clue.

QB Josh Allen will still find ways to play, but he's nowhere near 100%.

And no, we're not winning out. Realism is officially here. I'm not sure if we're making the playoffs. If we miss the playoffs, there has to be firings from the coaching staff.

Animated GIF

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.