Bills will win out. And then...anything can happen

Hebert19

This was the best of all worlds for a loss.   

1.  The second half proved they can be great and beat anyone

2.   It's still a loss that pisses them off. 

3.   They got back to being them.  

I hate all losses but this one may have been a good one finally. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Disagree 4
  • Agree 2
  • Dislike 1

Optimism is great until realism takes over. Josh is not of this world but like Mike Trout he's surrounded by alot of mediocre players. We're not a playoff team this year. Jacksonville solidified that. We can play hard and stay close to good teams but between refs and poor execution at the end we fail. I know this is silly but if I could draft all Olineman I would. We have to protect Josh at all costs.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I've long felt the Bills will win in New England when we play them again. 

Might not get homefield advantage but honestly don't care. This team plays well on the road. And weather wise, the conditions are almost guaranteed to be better anywhere but Buffalo. Ideally, the Bills would play the Titans in the AFC championship game in Tennessee. I don't think the Bills could get that lucky though.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Just now, LABILLBACKER said:

Optimism is great until realism takes over. Josh is not of this world but like Mike Trout he's surrounded by alot of mediocre players. We're not a playoff team this year. Jacksonville solidified that. We can play hard and stay close to good teams but between refs and poor execution at the end we fail. I know this is silly but if I could draft all Olineman I would. We have to protect Josh at all costs.

I don't agree w/ this entire post (I still have hope for THIS season) - but the last part is 100%.  They're entire purpose right now should be protecting Allen.

If Allen had the time some of these other QB's have, it wouldn't matter who his receivers are.  

5 minutes ago, 727Bills said:

Seriously how many loses does a team need to "wake up".  Here is a thought, maybe we just aren't that good and last year was a mirage.

Lost to the effin Jags this year... Zero confidence this team wins out 

That end of the 3rd quarter/4th quarter was a re birth. Watch and see

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

Allen and Diggs(seemingly) getting injured is the best of what world?

There is still a chance for them to win out and do well in the playoffs but I don't really see any of your 3 things as being accurate/relevant to that.

11 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

I appreciate your optimism and wish I knew how to share in it. I think they will find a way to lose one more, but still sneak in 

We will be 10+ point favorites in the 3 remaining non-Patriots games.

We will win those.

If we beat NE, we can still win the division!

BUT, the time for talk is over; we must perform starting NOW.

I think we will do it; I said as much in the post game thread immediately after the loss today.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, 727Bills said:

Seriously how many loses does a team need to "wake up".  Here is a thought, maybe we just aren't that good and last year was a mirage.

Lost to the effin Jags this year... Zero confidence this team wins out 

I think we lose again to NE and blow one of the other 3 "easy" games (ATL, CAR, NYJ) 

• Vomit 1

2 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

Chiefs for me are the clear cut favourite.

They have found their groove.

Besides them, I would agree with you 

Chiefs are the one team we are built to beat, and in fact, already did so!

I know, they were "off" at that time but still...

Just now, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Can’t win 2 games in a row, can’t win close games and already have enough losses to be in legitimate serious trouble. Yet every other person on here is just assuming 4 game win streaks and getting into the playoffs. What is happening to give anyone this confidence. This team is 7-6. 

Panthers, Falcons and Jets at home helps quite a bit. They can afford to lose one game and still get in on tiebreakers. If one of their wins is against the Patriots they can even afford to blow a game they should win by double digits.

We aren't finishing with Ravens, Browns, Steelers or Steelers, Bengals, Ravens or Steelers, Browns, Bengals like the entire AFC North is.

10 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Well that could be a problem. Is that true though?

What true, the boot?  yeah they have pics of him leaving the stadium. actually the boot goes up his entire shin too. kinda jarring to see.

23 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

I think we likely win the 3 at home and lose again to the Pats on the road.  Then its all about the "in the hunt" graphic we all know and f!@#$%% hate.

Just now, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Panthers, Falcons and Jets at home helps quite a bit. They can afford to lose one game and still get in on tiebreakers. If one of their wins is against the Patriots they can even afford to blow a game they should win by double digits.

We aren't finishing with Ravens, Browns, Steelers or Steelers, Bengals, Ravens or Steelers, Browns, Bengals like the entire AFC North is.

We lost to the Jaguars and the Steelers and I do not think 10-7 is absolutely going to get us in. I know everyone is acting like a silly simulation tool is gospel here. But I do not think is safe. Also, I don’t care who the teams left are. Until these guys prove they can do it, I’m going to be skeptical. Go beat the Panthers and see where you are at  

17 minutes ago, zow2 said:

You forget Allen left the stadium in a walking boot?!  Nothing will be easy. Not one game will be easy and it’s tough to think they can go from losing 3 of 4 to winning their final 3 of 4.

This year we party like it's 1989.

1 minute ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

We lost to the Jaguars and the Steelers and I do not think 10-7 is absolutely going to get us in. I know everyone is acting like a silly simulation tool is gospel here. But I do not think is safe. Also, I don’t care who the teams left are. Until these guys prove they can do it, I’m going to be skeptical. Go beat the Panthers and see where you are at  

That's a fair assessment.

In a way, if they don't win out - they really don't deserve it.  If you can't beat lesser teams at home, and if you get SWEPT by the team that you were supposed to win the division over, just chalk this one up & see what we can do next year.

Just now, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

If they don't beat the Panthers we are screwed.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.