What happened to Star?

JerseyBills

Lost in all this madness I've yet to hear anything on Star. I did miss the pre game and got home around 8 , mixed with some cocktails I have no recollection of hearing anything about Star. I know he went on the covid list with Brown , figured they'd come back together.. mods can merge or delete I know this is a weak thread but appreciate any explanations. 

1 minute ago, JerseyBills said:

Lost in all this madness I've yet to hear anything on Star. I did miss the pre game and got home around 8 , mixed with some cocktails I have no recollection of hearing anything about Star. I know he went on the covid list with Brown , figured they'd come back together.. mods can merge or delete I know this is a weak thread but appreciate any explanations. 

He played and started yesterday.  It’s just that he had no impact like the rest of the Bills DL

• Like (+1) 5

9 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Was on a snap count coming back from COVID. Played 53% of the snaps

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

I'm honestly stunned. I felt like I saw alot of Harry and don't remember Star at all. Again, things got a little fuzzy with the drinking but I was almost positive he didn't play.  Thanks guys for the info. 

Hang in there. The 21 Bills are going to be just fine

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

I'm honestly stunned. I felt like I saw alot of Harry and don't remember Star at all. Again, things got a little fuzzy with the drinking but I was almost positive he didn't play.  Thanks guys for the info. 

On a couple of Phillips' TFLs, i thought it was Star for a moment, but yeah Star was pretty much invisible.  I'm sure he'll come roaring back in practice this week then breath in some ill humors and be out for the rest of the season

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Should have kept on drinking and maybe you would have been able to forget the entire game! 😁

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Felt like he played alot less than this. I still can't wrap my head around Belichick running 95% of the plays. Everyone on the planet knows this yet they still rattle off 4-5 yards per play. Nice job Leslie girl.....

1 minute ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Felt like he played alot less than this. I still can't wrap my head around Belichick running 95% of the plays. Everyone on the planet knows this yet they still rattle off 4-5 yards per play. Nice job Leslie girl.....

And we have a thread here where the OP is touting the defense as doing their job and that them getting gashed is a MYTH

LOL

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, JohnNord said:

He played and started yesterday.  It’s just that he had no impact like the rest of the Bills DL

Except Harrison.  He was the only guy I routinely noticed.  Other than noticing that I rarely noticed our star MLB because he was either getting blocked or running away from a block……and the ball carrier). 

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

On a couple of Phillips' TFLs, i thought it was Star for a moment, but yeah Star was pretty much invisible.  I'm sure he'll come roaring back in practice this week then breath in some ill humors and be out for the rest of the season

Maybe they should have Edmunds carrying a clownishly huge hypodermic needle labeled "COVID-19 Vaccine" behind him to see if that will make him move.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, billsfan714 said:

The day we get out his contract cannot come soon enough.

THIS. I have never seen a Bills player steal money from the team like Star... he's not injury prone like Roscoe Parrish, he's just lazy and unmotivated and quickly goes onto the injury report.

9 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Was Star on the field for the Mac Jones QB sneak domination section of the game?

I think he was. 

Now THAT was pathetic. 3rd and 4, QB sneak gets 3 ... it was all push. They had it, we didn't.

I just had to laugh when I stumbled across this while trying to figure out if Star had an excuse (weight loss while on the COVID list, etc):

https://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/2021/12/a-star-returns-bills-dt-lotulelei-could-be-key-to-stopping-patriots-rushing-attack.html

Edited by The Frankish Reich

1 hour ago, BeastMaster said:

And we have a thread here where the OP is touting the defense as doing their job and that them getting gashed is a MYTH

LOL

The 64 yard run never happened, we actually won 10-7 because of the fluke run being imaginary. LOL that is the take on that thread.

1 minute ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

The 64 yard run never happened, we actually won 10-7 because of the fluke run being imaginary. LOL that is the take on that thread.

Because holding a team to 14 points on a night where they were unable to pass the ball should get you some kind of special achievement award.

• Like (+1) 1

It was an odd run defensive effort. They got gashed once and had several 10 yard gains. But they also had several tackles for loss.  They held them to 1 TD and two FGs.  

Star was invisible but he is even when he is playing well. He is not a penetrating DT.  

Edmunds was the worst player on the field by far.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

1 hour ago, bmur66 said:

I don’t think Ed Oliver played either 

He played but for some reason his snap count seemed to be really low.

In a way I thought the DLine rotation sort of hurt the Bills last night.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, billsfan714 said:

The day we get out his contract cannot come soon enough.

Do you mean Edmunds or Star?  Because we can do much better then Edmunds and for a lot cheaper.   

How about Vernon Butler?  He didn't show up last nite either.  I forgot he was inactive.  Eli Ankou replaced him.  Nice move keeping do nothing Vernon and his big contract another year.  If we had gotten rid of Hughes Addison and Butler in the offseason, we would have saved approx 19 mill against the cap.  I am sure we could have found suitable replacements who were cheaper.  But this regime hopefully has learned its lesson.  And will take the offseason a little more seriously next year.  Because they should only be given one mulligan if that.

2 minutes ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

Do you mean Edmunds or Star?  Because we can do much better then Edmunds and for a lot cheaper.   

How about Vernon Butler?  He didn't show up last nite either.  I forgot he was inactive.  Eli Ankou replaced him.  Nice move keeping do nothing Vernon and his big contract another year.  If we had gotten rid of Hughes Addison and Butler in the offseason, we would have saved approx 19 mill against the cap.  I am sure we could have found suitable replacements who were cheaper.  But this regime hopefully has learned its lesson.  And will take the offseason a little more seriously next year.  Because they should only be given one mulligan if that.

Both

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, bmur66 said:

I don’t think Ed Oliver played either 

Oliver about three times yesterday blew right by the running back while 3 yards deep in the backfield. Great move to get into backfield but nothing doing to actually stop the play. I have seen him it don't a bunch this season and think he is only guy I have ever seen do it so often.

• Agree 1

Fact of the matter is that Oliver and Edmunds are being misused to fit our scheme. Beane and Co. are selecting BPA regardless if they fit the defensive scheme. Its a chitty way to draft lineman (O and D) as well as linebackers.  Edmunds is definitely leaving and I suspect Oliver will as well as soon as his contract is up.  

Edited by BIGFOOTspaceman
  • Disagree 1

2 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

It was an odd run defensive effort. They got gashed once and had several 10 yard gains. But they also had several tackles for loss.  They held them to 1 TD and two FGs.  

Star was invisible but he is even when he is playing well. He is not a penetrating DT.  

Edmunds was the worst player on the field by far.  

Edmunds is a disgrace and all I could do is laugh reading that ridiculous Edmunds report weekly. I can live without Star and the overpersuing predator. At least over matched (less talented)players like Phillips and Zimmer give 100% effort.  If there ever was a year we needed 10+ picks, it would be 2022. 

I really thought Star was going to be an impact player this season and when healthy he has made our Defense better.  That said,  may need to think about moving on from this player, he is not on the field enough to be an impact player. Some players just want it more than the next guy.....some guy's play with torn biceps a  nd we cannot get guys on the field.

I would love to see the Bills put more emphasis on the intangibles like attitude and desire.....We have a lot of paycheck guys on this roster....A lot...

Whatever the reason Star just collected a check last night. If not healthy, we could have used stephenson or mckenzie....I for one do not put all the wait in the DL rotation, it for me does not allow the players get in a rythem. Back when Bruce, Still and Wright manned the line the other guys got in for a few plays a game....Dr Sack and Hansen. 

Star was not much of a factor on Monday. He is an oddly hit and miss player (almost literally in that sense). I didnt hear his name mentioned much if at all. I did notice several times on replays of the Pats runs that the Pats RBs were running right past Bills D line players within reach but the Bills line didnt react fast enough.  If Star did get Covid, it stands to reason that even though he might be testing negative, that he isnt over the physical effects of it. Some people who get over Covid talk about how physically draining it is and if Star wasnt vaxxed then it might have been a tougher bout for him.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.