Bills @ Bucs talk

letsgoteam

22 hours ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Looks like are 3 point dogs.  I think we match up with them ok.  I expect us to come out hungry and play fired up.

Much as I expected against the Pats and Billy boy. Didn't happen though. 

4 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Anything can happen in the playoffs.  The season is erased, and everyone starts out 0-0 and the rules are the same for everyone: win or your season is over.

If the Bills find themselves at the right time or get on a hot streak of any kind, we could end up in the AFC championship game again, or beyond.

BUT the time for performing is getting close.  We can pass the buck one more week against Tampa, but that's it.

At some point we have to turn the corner and get into that winning groove.

Nope. If we pass the buck and lose at Tampa, I won't be surprised to see us lose out. We will be demoralized. Luckily, I have us winning at Tampa something like 38-31

Hope rules!

31-21 Bucs. We get down early because they can play balanced offense and we can’t. Our best chance is to put up a few scores early and then get some turnovers and then we can win this game, just because Brady has been more prone to turnover bundles this year. If we don’t have our best starting 5 against this DL we are in trouble. 

Edited by Locomark

6 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

We're not ready this year. We just don't have the offensive personnel. We'll lose to TB and NE. And we'll barely beat Atl, Car & the Jest. 10-7 will probably put us even with Indy and we'll be out on tiebreaker. 

I have no idea how this is going to turn out but to say that we are going to barely beat mediocre teams whenever we have literally shut out two of them this year is mediocre thinking

Edited by John from Riverside
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

I didn’t get that we were inferior to the Pats. I know the fan base is packing it in for the season but if we play in decent weather in NE we can win against them. For sure.  This game showed me more than anything that they are not as good as their wins they’ve been stacking together. 

Bucs is a tough match up for sure. I think we have a chance. All remaining games are very winnable. 

• Like (+1) 4

40 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

We're not ready this year. We just don't have the offensive personnel. We'll lose to TB and NE. And we'll barely beat Atl, Car & the Jest. 10-7 will probably put us even with Indy and we'll be out on tiebreaker. 

This place is the best. We are barely beating the Jets now, lol.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Least I cared about a Bills game in a very long time.

Have got to the point where I can't stand multiple players and coaches on this team.  COVID really brought to light the true values and beliefs of this team.

The team has unraveled, something most seen coming from before the season even started.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

I think we lose this one. Just a bad matchup here. The Bucs will dominate the LOS of both sides of the ball. This is also a rare game where Allen is the 2nd best QB on the field. My guess is 38-24 Bucs. At least it will be an NFC loss. The Bills must go 3-0 vs the Panthers, Falcons, and Jets to get to 10 wins. It would be great if they could beat the Pats but I wouldn't bet on it. Will 10 wins be enough for the playoffs? 

57 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

Least I cared about a Bills game in a very long time.

Have got to the point where I can't stand multiple players and coaches on this team.  COVID really brought to light the true values and beliefs of this team.

The team has unraveled, something most seen coming from before the season even started.

Are you sure that it isn't a small portion of the fan base to which you belong!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Fred Slacks said:

I didn’t get that we were inferior to the Pats. I know the fan base is packing it in for the season but if we play in decent weather in NE we can win against them. For sure.  This game showed me more than anything that they are not as good as their wins they’ve been stacking together. 

Bucs is a tough match up for sure. I think we have a chance. All remaining games are very winnable. 

If anyone watched that game and thought we were inferior to NE, they are nuts. We are going to smoke them in a few weeks. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 hour ago, JMF2006 said:

This game is the rallying point like AZ was last year.

It's time to lace up those cleats and pull up those jock straps boys :)

As Wrex once said " Its On "

I hope so.  I also hoped that was the case for the Colts game and the Jags game before that.  

Edited by Arkady Renko
  • Agree 2

I have no idea what to expect from this team any more. I could see us getting blown out & I could see us winning the game outright. The Tre White injury is going to be exposed in this one. I see us playing our bend but don’t break D give up tons of yardage. Hopefully we create a couple of turnovers and play good red zone D. Offense will be able to move at will via the pass. 37-34 Bass FG at the buzzer in a classic. Gotta remain positive 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This is the one game where not having Tre White is really going to hurt. Either Evans is going to have a field day or their tight ends if they double Evans. Plus Fournette and their running game will force the Bills to stay honest in terms of their LB deployment (i.e. can't count on them back in the pass lanes). 

I do agree with a few of the previous commenters that if the Bills can get up early with a few Bucs turn-overs the Bills can win this game but that's counting on a lot of serendipity.

I am both optimistic and pessimistic (typical Bills fan schizophrenia). if they win this game I can see them taking the next 4 but I also think if they lose this game they'll likely win only one or two more of the remaining games. Regardless, next season they have to do something about the O line and the way they defense the run next year or its back to hinterlands for Bills fans.

Another big game.  I think the overall constitution of The Bills fan base is terribly low.  As soon as the a bad play happens the “same ole Bills”.  Bad game “same ole Bills”.  This is not 2008.  Remember all those years we begged for meaningful football?  Now we got it and the majority cant stomach it.  You can see it watching home games games on tv.  First sign of adversity the stands deflate like they are watching one of the sorry Bills teams of years past.  

• Like (+1) 2

Really tough to get excited for this game.  This team has been such a letdown, and coming off a loss to the weather (I do not believe NE is better than us, just inexplicably more prepared to play in Buffalo weather than Buffalo), I've just accepted a loss on Sunday and to wake up Monday morning at 7-6.. we may or may not be on the outside looking in at that point, and then we finish with 4 straight games that I believe we should win.  

Somehow win out starting Sunday and the 1 seed is still in play. 

Win out after Sunday and we're in the Playoffs either as the WC or AFCE Champs. 

Finish 3-2, and odds say we get in, but I don't even want to entertain the odds that we don't....because those odds are very real.  

Anything worse, and/or we don't make the playoffs, and you'll see some major coordinator changes in the offseason.

It all starts on Sunday, in a game that I've never been less excited to watch.

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

we are just not built to play in this weather. The 90s team had a solid running game when needed. You can’t have a pass heavy finesse game in our weather. It’s not the QB— the receivers can’t catch anything. 

Translation - need to build an enclosed stadium, to replicate the greatest show on turf.  

• Like (+1) 1

Sadly this game will be another L.  You can tell that McDIMWITT can’t get this team focused enough to win big games.  Where are the big plays in crucial spots by this team?  Where is the leadership?  Other than the proverbial “we need to do a better job doing this and this..” postgame pressers.  “How could this happen?  I don’t know.  We need to look at ourselves in the mirror.  The NEXT game is the biggest game of the year” blah blah blah.. The Bills allowed over 200 yards on the ground to the Pats with no passing attack to speak of.  How can they have confidence heading into games against formidable opponents who can do both?  

Does anyone here still think that this team can make a deep playoff run?  If so.. why and how?

Edited by KeLLy1278
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, JMF2006 said:

This game is the rallying point like AZ was last year.

It's time to lace up those cleats and pull up those jock straps boys :)

As Wrex once said " Its On "

I'm not trying to Debbie Down your post.

But the Titans, Jags were all suppose to be rallying points too.

• Agree 2

Some here have a really hard time facing reality. This team has done nothing this year that could give you hope for a deep playoff run….I don’t even think we make the playoffs. 

Bad O line

Bad run defense 

awful MLB

No Tre

inconsistent coaching 

mediocre RB’s

One dimensional offense 

Fumblitis

why anyone thinks we can string anything together and make a push is beyond me. I’m just looking forward to what the Bills can do in the off-season. 

Lose some Dline bloat(Star, Butler, Addison and Jerry. 

get a big DT and slide Oliver

revamp Oline

serviceable RB

Vet MLB

New O coordinator  

• Agree 1

32 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

They did win the following week

Fair point

1 hour ago, KeLLy1278 said:

Sadly this game will be another L.  You can tell that McDIMWITT can’t get this team focused enough to win big games.  Where are the big plays in crucial spots by this team?  Where is the leadership?  Other than the proverbial “we need to do a better job doing this and this..” postgame pressers.  “How could this happen?  I don’t know.  We need to look at ourselves in the mirror.  The NEXT game is the biggest game of the year” blah blah blah.. The Bills allowed over 200 yards on the ground to the Pats with no passing attack to speak of.  How can they have confidence heading into games against formidable opponents who can do both?  

Does anyone here still think that this team can make a deep playoff run?  If so.. why and how?

Yes, they could still make a deep run. Good match ups and the bounce of the ball, next thing you know your in the AFC Championship.

However, I'm more concerned about QUALIFYING for the playoffs first.

• Agree 1

With the exception of the Colts, every loss has been incredibly close and has come down to a play or two.  Yet every win has been a blowout.  There is tremendous parity in the AFC this season, and homefield advantage doesn't seem to matter as much as it once did.  If the Bills can get in the playoffs, they will have as good a chance as anyone to win games.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

8 minutes ago, buffalonian said:

With the exception of the Colts, every loss has been incredibly close and has come down to a play or two.  Yet every win has been a blowout.  There is tremendous parity in the AFC this season, and homefield advantage doesn't seem to matter as much as it once did.  If the Bills can get in the playoffs, they will have as good a chance as anyone to win games.

I am very optimistic that we can get back to the AFCCG, and potentially further, if we make the Playoffs.   The Playoffs are a reset, and this team needs one more than anybody.  

I am currently not very optimistic that we can go 4-1 down the stretch to guarantee ourselves that chance.  

Edited by SCBills
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I am very optimistic that we can get back to the AFCCG, and potentially further, if we make the Playoffs.   The Playoffs are a reset, and this team needs one more than anybody.  

I am currently not very optimistic that we can go 4-1 down the stretch to guarantee ourselves that chance.  

3-2 might do it depending on how the rest of the AFC plays out. Even though the Jags game showed nothing is guaranteed the Bills should win all remaining home games. Can they go 1-1 vs TB and NE?

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I agree, but you might feel a bit more optimistic if you look at the AFC schedule down the stretch.  It is brutal for much of our competition for a playoff spot. Also, all of the teams "in the hunt" have multiple games against other teams "in the hunt," so there will necessarily be attrition.   Even the Patriots could reasonably lose 3 of their last 4 (Indy, Buffalo, Miami). 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, buffalonian said:

I agree, but you might feel a bit more optimistic if you look at the AFC schedule down the stretch.  It is brutal for much of our competition for a playoff spot. Also, all of the teams "in the hunt" have multiple games against other teams "in the hunt," so there will necessarily be attrition.   Even the Patriots could reasonably lose 3 of their last 4 (Indy, Buffalo, Miami). 

Miami could actually serve a purpose for us by beating NE

1 minute ago, Greg S said:

3-2 might do it depending on how the rest of the AFC plays out. Even though the Jags game showed nothing is guaranteed the Bills should win all remaining home games. Can they go 1-1 vs TB and NE?

Yea, 3-2 could definitely do it, but I just went through the Playoff Machine with a buddy at the office and asked all his picks.. they were all reasonable picks.. and if it plays out as such, and we lose to TB & NE, it has us out.  I went back and flipped the KC/CIN which he gave to CIN, and with a KC win, we were in.  With how unpredictable this season has been, I really can't stomach a win-and-get-help situation final week of the regular season. 

2 hours ago, KeLLy1278 said:

Yes.  Because it’s football.  Anything can happen.  

Is it likely?  No.  But far from impossible.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Yea, 3-2 could definitely do it, but I just went through the Playoff Machine with a buddy at the office and asked all his picks.. they were all reasonable picks.. and if it plays out as such, and we lose to TB & NE, it has us out.  I went back and flipped the KC/CIN which he gave to CIN, and with a KC win, we were in.  With how unpredictable this season has been, I really can't stomach a win-and-get-help situation final week of the regular season. 

Yup I did a similar one with, and I think mine was where after I went through, I flipped a game, and it knocked out a 10-7 Bills team.

• Like (+1) 1

Bills will lose to the Bucs, drop to 7-6, and kill off any remaining hope that fans or analysts have of them recovering.

They'll then proceed to win all four remaining games after that and make the playoffs at 11-6.

I know, I'm a crazy homer, we don't have a shot in hell, blah blah blah.

11-6 and playoffs. It's gonna happen!

• Like (+1) 2

This team has moved the ball against some really good defenses.  Like one poster mentioned above it comes down o red zone offense.  More specifically penalties in the red zone.  Maybe that fix is to simplify the snap count in the red zone.  Maybe it is more creative play calling.  I don't know but every game we lost we could have won.  Including the Colts game.  So to all the pessimists saying it is all over I strongly disagree.  As long as we squeak into the playoffs then there is a chance to make a run.  We have the offensive firepower.  We have the QB.  Despite what all the "sky is falling" fans say we have a great defense.  If we make the playoffs then I like our chances as much as any other team in the AFC.  Especially NE.  That rematch is one I feel confident about.  Bucs is a tough match up no doubt.  But if we can get to 31 points then this game is as much of a toss up as any.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Jpsredemption said:

This feels like 2001-2016 again...Bills totally overmatched and no expectation of winning whatsoever. 7-6 on the horizon. 

This team is going 9-8. It’s better that way I guess. We haven’t hit bottom yet. It gets worse.

Someone has to step in and make changes before these idiots back up the Brinks truck for Tremaine Edmunds.

This is getting pretty scary.

Edited by Governor
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.