Bills @ Bucs talk

letsgoteam

On 12/7/2021 at 3:15 AM, Dr.Sack said:

Brady will likely hand it off 50 times and throw only 5 times for 5 TDs to Gronk. It could get ugly. 

Brady is not going to do that.   They have thrown 517 passes and attempted 263 runs this year.  Brady averages over 42 pass attempts per game.  And there is no way he will accept a game plan that doesn't allow him to air it out, not after what just happened.

If they can get up big early, they will run to limit our opportunities to come back, but not until then.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Governor said:

This team is going 9-8. It’s better that way I guess. We haven’t hit bottom yet. It gets worse.

Someone has to step in and make changes before these idiots back up the Brinks truck for Tremaine Edmunds.

This is getting pretty scary.

Monday night sucked. The past 8 or so weeks of up-and-down play have sucked. The team has issues, which we can all clearly see.

Even with all of that having been said....the overreaction, exaggeration, and hyperbole on these forums is predictably comical right now.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Logic said:

Monday night sucked. The past 8 or so weeks of up-and-down play have sucked. The team has issues, which we can all clearly see.

Even with all of that having been said....the overreaction, exaggeration, and hyperbole on these forums is predictably comical right now.

RemindMe! 6 months

1 hour ago, TheFunPolice said:

I want to see Brady getting hit 

At this point in his career he DOES NOT want to get hit. At all. Make him actually play the game. 

I think the ball will be gone in under 2 seconds on most plays, he won't be getting hit.

39 minutes ago, Governor said:

This team is going 9-8. It’s better that way I guess. We haven’t hit bottom yet. It gets worse.

Someone has to step in and make changes before these idiots back up the Brinks truck for Tremaine Edmunds.

This is getting pretty scary.

No problem replacing Tremaine but it better be and upgrade. he’s still one of the more impactful players on defense in spite of his occasional run fit gaffes. See Indy 

• Like (+1) 1

Such negativity! You don't have to be a homer to see the Bills will win, even handily. They easily could have won the Pats game--and every other game they lost, including the Colts game. And they dominated the ones they won. The wheels are not coming off, and they're not a mediocre team. They're an excellent team, from top to bottom, with the glaring exception of the O-line. And even that is looking up with the return of Mongo and Brown and Dawkins' play improving with his health. As for the Bucs, the Bills were built for this kind of team, as everyone keeps saying. 

The Bills win convincingly, and they go on to run the table. The nabobs of negativism here are going to feel pretty foolish in January. 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, finn said:

Such negativity! You don't have to be a homer to see the Bills will win, even handily. They easily could have won the Pats game--and every other game they lost, including the Colts game. And they dominated the ones they won. The wheels are not coming off, and they're not a mediocre team. They're an excellent team, from top to bottom, with the glaring exception of the O-line. And even that is looking up with the return of Mongo and Brown and Dawkins' play improving with his health. As for the Bucs, the Bills were built for this kind of team, as everyone keeps saying. 

The Bills win convincingly, and they go on to run the table. The nabobs of negativism here are going to feel pretty foolish in January. 

In all fairness, you're just a nabob of positivity...but there is a difference here.

You have math on your side.  The numbers still say the Bills are a really solid football team.  

Factors to consider: our losses have been by very small amounts; our wins have been by large amounts; we are 3 or 3.5 point underdog AT TAMPA, which tells you that the rest of the country still thinks we are a really good team, if nothing else.

I'm not sure another team in the NFL would enjoy that low a point spread AT TAMPA.

And as I have been saying all along since the loss, I DO think we can beat New England given normal weather .

They will be able to do more, but so will we, and I think we are the better team as we were last year.

I expect us to lose in Tampa, but then win out, and make the playoffs.

Once in, even as a very low seed, we will be the team that NO ONE wants to play b/c we haven't been at our best, or anything close to it, for a while.

And you never know when a team is going to find its stride at the right time.

If we MISS the playoffs, fans should have the right to go off the rails.

But until then, hold out some hope and have some faith.

Once we are in the playoffs, anything is possible and we could EASILY go on a little run, playing good football at the right time.  

16 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

we are just not built to play in this weather. The 90s team had a solid running game when needed. You can’t have a pass heavy finesse game in our weather. It’s not the QB— the receivers can’t catch anything. 

Nah...if Josh finds the open receiver and makes just 2 or 3 more throws in the Patriots game, we win.

I don't put it all on his shoulders; the line was terrible and when Josh is rushed, he panics, and doesn't play at his best.  Big improvements to the OL pass blocking will result in big improvements to Josh's game, which is why that has to be Project Numero Uno for the offseason.

Edited by Nextmanup

4 hours ago, KeLLy1278 said:

Sadly this game will be another L.  You can tell that McDIMWITT can’t get this team focused enough to win big games.  Where are the big plays in crucial spots by this team?  Where is the leadership?  Other than the proverbial “we need to do a better job doing this and this..” postgame pressers.  “How could this happen?  I don’t know.  We need to look at ourselves in the mirror.  The NEXT game is the biggest game of the year” blah blah blah.. The Bills allowed over 200 yards on the ground to the Pats with no passing attack to speak of.  How can they have confidence heading into games against formidable opponents who can do both?  

Does anyone here still think that this team can make a deep playoff run?  If so.. why and how?

Regarding Clappington "Clap"  McClappy: getting the team ready to play games is the type of thing he has traditionally always done well.  If he can't even do that sort of thing now, it's not crazy to consider replacing him.

Regarding the playoff run: Yes.  See my longish post above.

I think so many on here still have Football PTSD from the drought.

Truth is , 1 team really beat us up in Indy. Pit was also a little outta hand but we're literally a handful of plays from being 10-2 with our other 3 losses combining for 10 points!!

I know expectations were high and 7-5 isn't where we thought we'd be but we're still one of the scariest teams in the game and I think we take it to TB this week and get back on track. 

We got the best QB in the game imo. Plenty of Football left ladies n gents

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, finn said:

Brady will take what you give him. If he thinks he can run over you he will. If you go heavy box he will go over the top… 

You had no chance in the Indy game! That was a blowout from beginning to end.. On Monday night a team only ran the ball on you and bet your team.. so you think your luck be better when your D can’t put 10 in the box to stop the run? 

point is your O is dang good but your D has holes good teams will exploit, especially now with Tre out. 

My positivity is coming from our opponents this week TB. The 2020 TB Bucs were 7-5 after starting 6-2. People questioned if they were even making the playoffs after the Super Bowl predictions to start the year. They did not lose another game including the Super Bowl.

Well, our 2021 Bills were 5-2 and are now 7-5 at risk of losing a playoff spot. We get to play TB to start our run. The first of our win streak en route to the Super Bowl. 

• Like (+1) 1

I've watched quite a bit of Bucs games this season as my wife is a pretty big Tom brady fan (I know I know). The bucs are totally beatable, but one thing I notice is that they tend to pull away in the 4th quarter alot. We could be up 10 at the start of the 4th quarter and it wouldn't surprise me if they put up 13 points in the 4th quarter to win it. Bills gotta be on their heels all game. Brady is his old(er) age is more prone to mistakes (see the terrible pick 6 he had vs Atlanta). If we can force Brady into alot of mistakes and hold our ground in the 4th quarter (and also not try and force our run game 🙄) I think we can pull off a win. Josh needs to throw 60 times in this game 

2 hours ago, Jpsredemption said:

This feels like 2001-2016 again...Bills totally overmatched and no expectation of winning whatsoever. 7-6 on the horizon. 

No it doesn’t.  Buffalo playing the #1 seeds in the conference back to back weeks.  They were a 3 point favorite at home and -3 on the road in the other.  Vegas has more faith than the media and 80% of Bills Mafia.

Edited by Mat68
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

No it doesn’t.  Buffalo playing the #1 seeds in the conference back to back weeks.  They were a 3 point favorite at home and -3 on the road in the other.  Vegas has more faith than the media and 80% of Bills Mafia.

This is true.

• Dislike 1

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

In all fairness, you're just a nabob of positivity...but there is a difference here.

You have math on your side.  The numbers still say the Bills are a really solid football team.  

Factors to consider: our losses have been by very small amounts; our wins have been by large amounts; we are 3 or 3.5 point underdog AT TAMPA, which tells you that the rest of the country still thinks we are a really good team, if nothing else.

I'm not sure another team in the NFL would enjoy that low a point spread AT TAMPA.

And as I have been saying all along since the loss, I DO think we can beat New England given normal weather .

They will be able to do more, but so will we, and I think we are the better team as we were last year.

I expect us to lose in Tampa, but then win out, and make the playoffs.

Once in, even as a very low seed, we will be the team that NO ONE wants to play b/c we haven't been at our best, or anything close to it, for a while.

And you never know when a team is going to find its stride at the right time.

If we MISS the playoffs, fans should have the right to go off the rails.

But until then, hold out some hope and have some faith.

Once we are in the playoffs, anything is possible and we could EASILY go on a little run, playing good football at the right time.  

Nah...if Josh finds the open receiver and makes just 2 or 3 more throws in the Patriots game, we win.

I don't put it all on his shoulders; the line was terrible and when Josh is rushed, he panics, and doesn't play at his best.  Big improvements to the OL pass blocking will result in big improvements to Josh's game, which is why that has to be Project Numero Uno for the offseason.

Or if Diggs was able to locate and catch the absolute DIME 17 dropped onto his forearm, we win

Edited by NewEra
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

Or if Diggs was able to locate and catch the absolute DIME 17 dropped onto his forearm, we win

That was such a hard catch though. The fact Josh threw a dime and our best pass catcher couldn't even find it due to the crazy movement probably tells us it shouldn't have been called in the first place. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, VW82 said:

That was such a hard catch though. The fact Josh threw a dime and our best pass catcher couldn't even find it due to the crazy movement probably tells us it shouldn't have been called in the first place. 

Watch Diggs during the flight of that ball. It was moving all over the map. It was just dumb luck it landed on his forearm. The wind cost us 2 Diggs tds. If the weather is normal in Tampa we at least stand a chance.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Watch Diggs during the flight of that ball. It was moving all over the map. It was just dumb luck it landed on his forearm. The wind cost us 2 Diggs tds. If the weather is normal in Tampa we at least stand a chance.

If the play calling is better in Tampa we may stand a good chance. 

• Disagree 1

13 minutes ago, VW82 said:

It hit him in the arm.  He’s one of, if not best wr in the league.  Yes.  It’s a tough catch.  It was close to a perfect throw.  He’s got to make that catch.  Division on the line.  Vs the pats.  Against JC Jackson.  The catch he made later in the game along the sideline was a more difficult catch imo. He should have caught it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

Seems like we always win 1 (or 2) that we should NOT win, and then lose 1 or 2 that we should win.

It's easy to identify the games we should have won, already.

Have we already played the team we should have lost to, but beat?   Was that KC?  

Or is that game this week against TAMPA BAY?

It doesn't feel like we have played that game yet, and none of the remaining games fit the bill like TAMPA would.

We could win on this basis alone!

What do you think?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

5 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

No reason we cant win this game. Whether we will or not I don't know.  What I do know is if the Bills don't, they are in trouble.

Are you sure? I just wrote in a another thread that if we LOSE to Tampa AND NE, but win the other 3 easier games, we have a 89-90% chance of making the playoffs!

• Disagree 1

Just now, Nextmanup said:

Are you sure? I just wrote in a another thread that if we LOSE to Tampa AND NE, but win the other 3 easier games, we have a 89-90% chance of making the playoffs!

I didn't say they were done.  I said they would be in trouble.  This game wouldn't mean a thing if they beat the Jags. Being in trouble, by what I mean is no more margin for error.

4 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I didn't say they were done.  I said they would be in trouble.  This game wouldn't mean a thing if they beat the Jags. Being in trouble, by what I mean is no more margin for error.

What does that mean?  Trouble?  Trouble relating to what?

I assume you meant making the playoffs.  You mean it will be a sign that we just aren't that good?

We could lose to Tampa and then run the table to win the Super Bowl....who knows.

I wouldn't draw any conclusion from a single loss.

• Disagree 1

44 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

What does that mean?  Trouble?  Trouble relating to what?

I assume you meant making the playoffs.  You mean it will be a sign that we just aren't that good?

We could lose to Tampa and then run the table to win the Super Bowl....who knows.

I wouldn't draw any conclusion from a single loss.

I thought I explained what I meant when I said we would be in trouble.  Ill say it again...

If the Bills lose this game they would be in trouble because there would be no more margin for error.  

Buffalo should be able to take advantage of Tampas secondary.  The oline will need to have their best game.  Buffalo needs to lean on Beasley and use Breida or Mckenzie or Stevenson on jet motion to get the defense moving side ways.  The run game has no chance vs them.  The Bills are what they are.  Dont fight it.  Lean into it.  Chuck that pig skin all over the yard.  

McDermott needs to stop trying to make this team something it is not.  This team is all finesse players.  It is a team built to pass the ball and stop the pass.  No amount of forcing some archaic crap is going to change what these players are.  Just play to the damn strengths of the team.  Stop messing around with benching only certain players because they made a mistake.  Put the best players on the damn field and play some damn football.  The time for doing the crap they are trying to do is the off season and camp.  Not the middle of the season in a tight playoff race.  Get back to who you are, not who you want to be.

• Like (+1) 7

1 hour ago, Mat68 said:

Buffalo should be able to take advantage of Tampas secondary.  The oline will need to have their best game.  Buffalo needs to lean on Beasley and use Breida or Mckenzie or Stevenson on jet motion to get the defense moving side ways.  The run game has no chance vs them.  The Bills are what they are.  Dont fight it.  Lean into it.  Chuck that pig skin all over the yard.  

I agree. They should just enjoy themselves for a change. McDermott must be the most grim head coach in the league, after Darth Vader in Foxboro. Imagine him at a party, clapping by himself in the corner. 

• Haha (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.