Weather Forecast for Monday

Awwufelloff

41 minutes ago, Augie said:

My concern is that arm strength will not be the deciding factor. In that weather running the ball and stopping the run is even more critical. I’m not sure how well we stack up there. This works against us. 

Neither qb is throwing the ball beyond 20 yards if its 27mph winds which are forecast. It will come down to who runs the ball better. Which favors Belichick. Now if we had a dome I'd say Bill's -6.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Neither qb is throwing the ball beyond 20 yards if its 27mph winds which are forecast. It will come down to who runs the ball better. Which favors Belichick. Now if we had a dome I'd say Bill's -6.

The dome obsession among many posters (not necessarily you) is tiresome. Many great franchises play outside in suspect conditions late in the season. Sure, OP runs the risk of more wind and precip than most.

Also, apostrophes are never used to pluralize. I'll see myself out.

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Sure they can with the wind

4 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

The dome obsession among many posters (not necessarily you) is tiresome. Many great franchises play outside in suspect conditions late in the season. Sure, OP runs the risk of more wind and precip than most.

Also, apostrophes are never used to pluralize. I'll see myself out.

You must not spend much time here then! 

They are used for pluralization all the time!  Lots of other things too! 

For all intensive purposes, they can do anything.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Nextmanup said:

You must not spend much time here then! 

They are used for pluralization all the time!  Lots of other things too! 

For all intensive purposes, they can do anything.

I don't know you, so I don't know if the bolded is intentional. If so, nice.

For everyone else, it's "For all intents and purposes." Which doesn't immediately sound more correct, to be honest.

4 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

I don't know you, so I don't know if the bolded is intentional. If so, nice.

For everyone else, it's "For all intents and purposes." Which doesn't immediately sound more correct, to be honest.

The correct phrase is “For all intent’s and purpose’s”. Everyone know’s this. 

• Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Buffalo619 said:

We will come to play. We beat anyone when motivated. 

Doesn’t really seem that simple.  You’re telling me we were not motivated on opening day against the Steelers?  Why wouldn’t we have been motivated that day?  Why would we no be motivated against Indy with Reich, one of  our own, for a home game to keep us on top of the EAST?  Ok , I would hope they actually did take Jax for granted because it was a terrible loss and again shows the importance of supposedly unimportant games.  Then finally the Titans , after their coach tries to rerun the m8sic city miracle , did we just neck,e disinterested ?  That game , again I would hope , we just got unlucky with Josh slipping but also we got run over and thru and we couldn’t muster one stop with them having totally destroyed us the prior year.  Not motivated for revenge tho I guess?   

I am just going by what I can see on YouTube as I live in Jax , fl, but the weather reallu seems like it will ne an issue , one way of the other.  I was hoping I would see the team practicing outdoors , getting used to the conditions and wind while trying to figure out what they can do best on offense in that stadium given the weather , but all I have seen is guys doing an indoors practice ,joking around quite a bit. While I know  I only see what they allow to be shown ,the reporting on the practices said things were more business like after the jags loss.   Just asking , ( maybe someone from there can let me know if they ARE doing outdoor practice as well) is practicing In The comfortable indoor facility getting you acclimated and ready for Monday night?  I hope they really are getting reps outside and trying to make our stadium an advantage , which it hasn’t been in a dominant way this year!  

I can almost guarantee the Pats are focused having the #1 seed In their own destiny, , confident , and coached by a coach that had owned Mcd until last year ( and really they could have won the first game if not for Cam).   The Pats players on D I have seen recently interviewed ( like van nye , McCourty and others) are  are saying how the D is really working well together and playing intelligently with lack of things like dumb penalties, and are talking about how they are playing Good team defense and have confidence in the coaches game to game adjustments as they are very capable of doing different things on D every week. I have never heard anything about  that type of “ defensive adjustments” when our players are talking about our d ( when did we last adjust or come out of our classic 4-2-5?) ! This week unfortunately they are very focused on how to step up to help lessen the loss of white.  From the “ OUTSIDE” , The Pats are confident and “ ascending “ at the right time , while we are more in the recovering from a major loss situation and we are seemingly being  distracted on how the weather is probably going to be a negative influence on our ability to run our typical passing offense. 

I hope you are on target about this team finally showing up in a critical game  this season being focused and motivated.  IMHO, it comes down to coaching at this point because we have the talent to compete and win.  Hopefully we see a game and play with few stupid pre snap penalties , few penalties that provide an extra possession after we have stopped them ( personal fouls, defensive holding ), and focused special teams ( can we stop the stupid short kickoffs that have almost never worked ) as field position will be critical in this tough match up.  The big question is can Mcd actually deliver a FOCUSED, INTENSE team, WHEN SO MUCH is on the line, or should we lose will we once more hear the typical “ it’s just one game “ , “ all our goals are still in front of us “ , “ Josh, and we all have plays we want back” cliche filled speech after another disappointing home loss!? 
 We know Belicheck has the team focused as his team comes in leading the East and on a 6 game winning streak.   If the Bills  can’t show up MOTIVATED  at home on Monday night football ,  and play like you have a real home field  advantage , then there is little hope this team is significant this year and it really would signify it’s time for Beane to begin thinking about solutions for the future! For example, changes  in the coordinators and position coaches need consideration if they want to get to the next level to be a true SB competitor.  

I can agree we can beat any team when motivated, IF MOTIVATION MEANS showing up confident , physical ' and prepared to beat a team that is coming in as “THE TEAM” everyone outside Buffalo expects to dominate in this game, which is CRAZY given they are coming to Buff with a ROOKIE QB!   If we lose at home with a more physicAlly dominant QB, the whole process this team has been built on would look flawed, and the plan to “play at championship level” would need re-evaluation and perhaps different  implementation, starting with FA , the draft , and team building. I really hope Mcd coaches his way to a home win and then the focus really can be on the “ next biggest” game! However, we have to remain realistic , a loss and we are suddenly back to being an “IN THE HUNT” type of team. It’s less than 24 hours away and that means a lot of peoples psyches are in a fragile situation!  Man, I wish we had showed motivation against Pittsburgh and Jax!  😊😉

8 minutes ago, DrPJax said:

Doesn’t really seem that simple.  You’re telling me we were not motivated on opening day against the Steelers?  Why wouldn’t we have been motivated that day?  Why would we no be motivated against Indy with Reich, one of  our own, for a home game to keep us on top of the EAST?  Ok , I would hope they actually did take Jax for granted because it was a terrible loss and again shows the importance of supposedly unimportant games.  Then finally the Titans , after their coach tries to rerun the m8sic city miracle , did we just neck,e disinterested ?  That game , again I would hope , we just got unlucky with Josh slipping but also we got run over and thru and we couldn’t muster one stop with them having totally destroyed us the prior year.  Not motivated for revenge tho I guess?   

I am just going by what I can see on YouTube as I live in Jax , fl, but the weather reallu seems like it will ne an issue , one way of the other.  I was hoping I would see the team practicing outdoors , getting used to the conditions and wind while trying to figure out what they can do best on offense in that stadium given the weather , but all I have seen is guys doing an indoors practice ,joking around quite a bit. While I know  I only see what they allow to be shown ,the reporting on the practices said things were more business like after the jags loss.   Just asking , ( maybe someone from there can let me know if they ARE doing outdoor practice as well) is practicing In The comfortable indoor facility getting you acclimated and ready for Monday night?  I hope they really are getting reps outside and trying to make our stadium an advantage , which it hasn’t been in a dominant way this year!  

I can almost guarantee the Pats are focused having the #1 seed In their own destiny, , confident , and coached by a coach that had owned Mcd until last year ( and really they could have won the first game if not for Cam).   The Pats players on D I have seen recently interviewed ( like van nye , McCourty and others) are  are saying how the D is really working well together and playing intelligently with lack of things like dumb penalties, and are talking about how they are playing Good team defense and have confidence in the coaches game to game adjustments as they are very capable of doing different things on D every week. I have never heard anything about  that type of “ defensive adjustments” when our players are talking about our d ( when did we last adjust or come out of our classic 4-2-5?) ! This week unfortunately they are very focused on how to step up to help lessen the loss of white.  From the “ OUTSIDE” , The Pats are confident and “ ascending “ at the right time , while we are more in the recovering from a major loss situation and we are seemingly being  distracted on how the weather is probably going to be a negative influence on our ability to run our typical passing offense. 

I hope you are on target about this team finally showing up in a critical game  this season being focused and motivated.  IMHO, it comes down to coaching at this point because we have the talent to compete and win.  Hopefully we see a game and play with few stupid pre snap penalties , few penalties that provide an extra possession after we have stopped them ( personal fouls, defensive holding ), and focused special teams ( can we stop the stupid short kickoffs that have almost never worked ) as field position will be critical in this tough match up.  The big question is can Mcd actually deliver a FOCUSED, INTENSE team, WHEN SO MUCH is on the line, or should we lose will we once more hear the typical “ it’s just one game “ , “ all our goals are still in front of us “ , “ Josh, and we all have plays we want back” cliche filled speech after another disappointing home loss!? 
 We know Belicheck has the team focused as his team comes in leading the East and on a 6 game winning streak.   If the Bills  can’t show up MOTIVATED  at home on Monday night football ,  and play like you have a real home field  advantage , then there is little hope this team is significant this year and it really would signify it’s time for Beane to begin thinking about solutions for the future! For example, changes  in the coordinators and position coaches need consideration if they want to get to the next level to be a true SB competitor.  

I can agree we can beat any team when motivated, IF MOTIVATION MEANS showing up confident , physical ' and prepared to beat a team that is coming in as “THE TEAM” everyone outside Buffalo expects to dominate in this game, which is CRAZY given they are coming to Buff with a ROOKIE QB!   If we lose at home with a more physicAlly dominant QB, the whole process this team has been built on would look flawed, and the plan to “play at championship level” would need re-evaluation and perhaps different  implementation, starting with FA , the draft , and team building. I really hope Mcd coaches his way to a home win and then the focus really can be on the “ next biggest” game! However, we have to remain realistic , a loss and we are suddenly back to being an “IN THE HUNT” type of team. It’s less than 24 hours away and that means a lot of peoples psyches are in a fragile situation!  Man, I wish we had showed motivation against Pittsburgh and Jax!  😊😉

You seriously indent on a message board? Psychopath

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Augie said:

My concern is that arm strength will not be the deciding factor. In that weather running the ball and stopping the run is even more critical. I’m not sure how well we stack up there. This works against us. 

Of course it won’t be, but to think there will be zero passes of consequence is wrong. Remember the Baltimore playoff game last year - strong winds played a significant role, and the team with the stronger armed QB prevailed. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

If people aren't careful with their tailgate setups we could have flying folding tables

Not if they're crushed first...

5 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

Help me out, gang. What is the wind speed threshold that closes down the Skyway? Can't find the info online, and that's my preferred route to the game. Thanks.

But really, no one knows what wind speeds trigger a Skyway shutdown?

5 hours ago, Augie said:

So both teams will prob stack the box then to stop the run and best arm will still win. Looks to be a low scoring affair

Edited by motorj

8 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

Can't wait to see tomorrow's KBUF TAF. Current one still has gusts at 50+ mph through the end of the forecast (7pm local), just before game time. No precip.

KBUF 052347Z 0600/0624 10012KT P6SM BKN050 WS020/18040KT

FM061900 25025G46KT P6SM BKN035

I hate to bring this up again, but it comes up again and again.

The 061900 time is GMT.

That is 2pm EST.

All TAF times are GMT.

The latest TAF valid at 07000, (7pm EST this evening) is:

Winds from the W (260 degrees) at 23 MPH (20 knots; 10.3 m/s) gusting to 40 MPH (35 knots; 18.0 m/s).

Not a great difference in velocity, but when reading TAF's, you must subtract five hours from the valid time during EST, or four hours during Daylight Savings Time.

3 hours ago, Gene1973 said:

They can run the ball.

If the wind is as bad as they say we don't have to respect the deep pass at all. We can overplay the run game and force Mac Jones to hit short tight window throws in wind he's never experienced before. Wind does not automatically make your run game better. This game might come down to whichever QB makes one great play and I don't see Jones as physically capable of doing that in 25 mph wind.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, DrPJax said:

Good points in every sentence.  Execution and strategy wins.  Motivation at the NFL level should be a given.  They are human beings so psychology and confidence are essential.  Good coaching insures the highest levels of execution, strategy (using the right schemes and skills), psychology and confidence.  We're up against the GOAT coach, and I hope our coaches have our team ready.  Go Bills!! 

29 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Yeah that was my argument. That Josh Allen has big hands. Thanks for chiming in Gene.

How many fingers does JA17 have?  Just askin.

6 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

But really, no one knows what wind speeds trigger a Skyway shutdown?

Call the Highway Department?  It is Monday, they should be there

6 hours ago, Moulds_80 said:

My dog had to poop at 3am, so I take him out and in my track on the ground I find a Allen Diggs '21 sign.  Dont know what to make of it...

What did you do with said sign?  I'm thinking pick it up, carry it inside, and prop it up over a heating vent.  Drape a scarf over it and offer it a cocoa.

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

If the wind is as bad as they say we don't have to respect the deep pass at all. We can overplay the run game and force Mac Jones to hit short tight window throws in wind he's never experienced before. Wind does not automatically make your run game better. This game might come down to whichever QB makes one great play and I don't see Jones as physically capable of doing that in 25 mph wind.

I think this is spot on.  One of the advantages of effective run first offenses is the deep strike play action pass.  This kills defenses that successfully stop the run by overloading the box.  In fact back in the day most of the great QB's got their yards and TD's off play action and ball handling (hiding that it wasn't a run) was as prized back then as mobility is today.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Call the Highway Department?  It is Monday, they should be there

What did you do with said sign?  I'm thinking pick it up, carry it inside, and prop it up over a heating vent.  Drape a scarf over it and offer it a cocoa.

I did bring it inside, however its my neighbors across the street, one of the few who we get along with so I will return it before heading to the game! With a couple pills mafia cans as well of course

On 11/30/2021 at 5:14 PM, First Round Bust said:

the wind - I heard that the stadium sits on elevated ground thus the wind more of a factor, the city of Buffalo by comparison sits at 600 feet - the stadium is roughly 300 feet higher:

Elevation of Orchard Park, NY, USA

Longitude: -78.744092

Latitude: 42.7675323

Elevation: 263m / 863feet

Where'd you get this info? Chestnut Ridge Park? It is in OP and to borders the Boston Hills,but the stadium is at the same elevation as the lake which is about  600 feet. Go to the sled hill at Chestnut Ridge and you can see the stadium below you. There used to be a marker  for years at the intersection of Harlem and Walden (Thruway Mall/Plaza) that said 609 feet. The field at the stadium is about 50 feet below the parking lots. The press box is at ground level.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Wacka said:

Where'd you get this info? Chestnut Ridge Park? It is in OP and to borders the Boston Hills,but the stadium is at the same elevation as the lake which is about  600 feet. Go to the sled hill at Chestnut Ridge and you can see the stadium below you. There used to be a marker  for years at the intersection of Harlem and Walden (Thruway Mall/Plaza) that said 609 feet. The field at the stadium is about 50 feet below the parking lots. The press box is at ground level.

LOL I remember that elevation marker!

Couldn't help but look up some numbers.

Lake Erie:  569 feet.

Highmark Stadium ground level is 748 feet.

Like you said the field is below ground level 50 feet or so.

42 minutes ago, Wacka said:

The reason why wind is such a problem is because the field is dug into the ground which creates a wind tunnel effect and causes swirling winds across the field.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.