What do you think about the Pats ?

Italian Bills

1 hour ago, Italian Bills said:

Ok… we are still in front but the Cheaters keep on winning week by week.. four in a row now. We have the first offense and the first defense, New England is third in both categories. 
It seem that they are building their confidence game after game… i just want to know if you are worried about them, if you consider them a real threat to win the AFCE and maybe the AFC also. 

What do I think about them? Vaffanculo, that's what I think of them.

• Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

If you shut down the run Mac Jones isn't Brady yet and his pass catchers aren't great either.  If you let every back the Pats have rip off good runs the Jones and the Pats receivers will look like all stars.  As always the Pats defense will probably come to play and our defense getting a few turnovers could go a long way.

1 hour ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

I'd be less concerned if we didn't put up 6 against the Jags. But after that game I could definitely see the Pats holding the Bills out of the end zone and walking away with an ugly win. See how our offense looks in these next couple of games and hopefully we will be clicking still going into the Pats game.

I think the jags game was an aberration…missing spencer brown hurt he was killing people today 

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

I agree I think your D is a bit better.  You owned the Pats last year?? You were a Newton fumble away from splitting… the second game you totally dominated yes!  

Again we have faced tougher teams so far with NO,TB, Dallas, Cleveland, and Chargers.. The Bills hit their tough stretch starting next week.

Just a few weeks ago it didn’t look like a tough stretch. But Colts and Patriots both look better now. Saints shouldn’t be that tough but @ New Orleans in primetime makes it tougher I think. After the Jags loss it feels like every game could be tough.

• Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, Gene1973 said:

Why, because you don't like the team?

He looks very accurate to me, throws with anticipation, gets the ball out quick. Can win a lot of games lime that...

At the end of the day he is still physically limited in ways elite QBs aren't.

50 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

Sure, but Pats fans should have had to suffer at least 10 years of QB ineptitude, but now they don't have to. That is BS.

the problem is...that whole stretch was all about the bills brass being inept.   The pats are a lot of things but inept usually isnt one of them.  

Given our PTSD past with the Pats, I'm all about giving them respect. Even as good as we were last year, we arguably should have lost the first game when Cam fumbled. I'll respect BB until he has some consecutive poor seasons. 

With that being said, acting like they are the division favorites and a better team than the Bills is straight trolling. They have 6 wins. 2 against the Jets, 1 against the Texans, Browns, Chargers and Panthers. 

The Jets are awful. The Panthers are similar to the Broncos with a false hot start, the Texans are garbage and the Browns are wildly inconsistent (only real notable win is against the Bengals). Chargers are a quality opponent but also very hot/cold as we've seen. 

Now I'm not saying our wins are any better, as the quality of our opponents has been equally as poor, but to act as if they're superior to us in any way is a farce.

At the vert best its an equal playing field. 

• Agree 1

16 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

get a grip. 

the Putz have proved what?

I’ll wait for a reasonable and rational answer besides BB against rookies 

Just so I understand the ground rules, are we to assume that The Bills have proven a great deal already? 

7 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

Ah the tough guy stance.

Dude - you really love the "tough guy stance" line tonight, eh?  This has to be the third or fourth time that I've seen you post it since we won.

"Better watch out fellas, don't get too overconfident, that 'tough guy' stance will come back and bite you in the ass."

Actually, no - it won't.  Stop acting like the people that post on this board are players on the team and/or coaches. We're fans. Some folks may not share your incessant pessimism and would like to enjoy a blowout win after such a ***** week last week.  Do you honestly think that if JoshAllen123 on TBD has an ego about the Bills and/or feels that the Pats and Mac Jones suck that his/her 'tough guy' stance will have absolutely any bearing on the future?  This just in, it won't.

Sports is sports - some people see the negative, some people see the positive - you repeatedly hate and call out those that have the slightest tinge of positivity - why?  Their opinion means nothing in the overall scheme of things - it's an opinion.  You want to be a pessimist and point out the negative - go right ahead, it's all a part of the discussion - but stop randomly slamming people for feeling good about their team and lighten up. 

And for the record, the ''internet tough guy act" is when someone talks a big game and makes veiled physical/mental threats to others behind a keyboard.  I'm pretty sure calling the Pats a bunch of Putz' and asking what they've proven is far from being an "internet tough guy".  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

They don't need to be superior to beat out the Bills for the division, juat a half a game will do.

Doge of what? I thought internet tough guys would have died out by now...

you are talking up the Pats 

PROVE how they are better than spreading Hot Air

Just now, cwater10 said:

Just so I understand the ground rules, are we to assume that The Bills have proven a great deal already? 

yes. A LEGIT # 1 defense 

7 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

yes. A LEGIT # 1 defense 

Through 9 games, they have done exactly that.  And I put a lot of faith in that.  Still, if I am going to be realistic, I also take a  look at the team that ranks right behind them in defensive points allowed, points differential and division standings, with a 2 game edge in conference record, and feel confident in saying that neither team has proven a thing at this point in the season.  

They don't hand out playoff berths, division titles, #1seeds or Lombardi's after 9 games.  Do we remember Pittsburgh last year?  Once Buffalo shows itself the better team head to head vs Pats this year, I'll put more stock in it.  For the record, I think that they will do that.  I just don't think anybody has proven anything at all quite yet.  

• Eyeroll 1

15 minutes ago, Vertig0 said:

Dude - you really love the "tough guy stance" line tonight, eh?  This has to be the third or fourth time that I've seen you post it since we won.

"Better watch out fellas, don't get too overconfident, that 'tough guy' stance will come back and bite you in the ass."

Actually, no - it won't.  Stop acting like the people that post on this board are players on the team and/or coaches. We're fans. Some folks may not share your incessant pessimism and would like to enjoy a blowout win after such a ***** week last week.  Do you honestly think that if JoshAllen123 on TBD has an ego about the Bills and/or feels that the Pats and Mac Jones suck that his/her 'tough guy' stance will have absolutely any bearing on the future?  This just in, it won't.

Sports is sports - some people see the negative, some people see the positive - you repeatedly hate and call out those that have the slightest tinge of positivity - why?  Their opinion means nothing in the overall scheme of things - it's an opinion.  You want to be a pessimist and point out the negative - go right ahead, it's all a part of the discussion - but stop randomly slamming people for feeling good about their team and lighten up. 

And for the record, the ''internet tough guy act" is when someone talks a big game and makes veiled physical/mental threats to others behind a keyboard.  I'm pretty sure calling the Pats a bunch of Putz' and asking what they've proven is far from being an "internet tough guy".  

Right? Everyone’s a “tough guy” (me included earlier) if they disagree with ol’ Gene. Not even using the reference correctly…smh.

15 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

No, I just think it's moronic. Stop trying to impress like it's highschool...

No one is trying to impress you, but actually listening to different opinions may cause you to actually learn something.  But nah, you won’t do that, will you? 

• Like (+1) 2

Mac Jones might well be a dink and dunk QB but if he gets into the red zone he has two very good, big tight ends who our DB's will struggle with - that is my biggest concern, along with BB's ability to target our offensive weaknesses.

The AFCE will go down to the wire.

Edited by SydneyBillsFan

1 hour ago, BringMetheHeadofLeonLett said:

I think Matt Jones has cement feet like Bledsoe.  We can throttle this team.  

That is inaccurate, he isn’t extremely mobile but he can move some.. he is probably a bit more mobile than Brady but not a ton more.. IMO the ability of a QB to run is way over rated. I have yet to see one have a long career or more importantly more than a few years of success.

1 minute ago, PatsFanNH said:

That is inaccurate, he isn’t extremely mobile but he can move some.. he is probably a bit more mobile than Brady but not a ton more.. IMO the ability of a QB to run is way over rated. I have yet to see one have a long career or more importantly more than a few years of success.

How do you reconcile that statement with Aaron Rodgers or Russel Wilson? 

• Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

We'll see how inaccurate that is as he spends his short career on his ass.  

it's not immobility, it's cement feet. Ryan Mallet and Deadsloe with an arm needing development.  Heck, keep cheering, it's all good.  It's totally like a young Brady all over again.  

Edited by BringMetheHeadofLeonLett

3 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

How do you reconcile that statement with Aaron Rodgers or Russel Wilson? 

Hmm Let’s see

Rogers — puts up pretty numbers team is usually one and done in the playoffs.    Most overrated QB in the NFL right now… he has zero clutch in him. 

Wilson — He is surrounded by talent on O and team still Meh.. 

they both have the ability run but they are much more pocket passers who occasionally run.

2 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofLeonLett said:

We'll see how inaccurate that is as he spends his short career on his ass.  

Short career? You have a crystal ball or are you one of those silly people doesn’t see most “athletic” QBs fail because they can’t throw or are easily rattled. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.