What do you think about the Pats ?

Italian Bills

I think the Bills are going to at least need a split with them to win AFCE . They take the ball away and don’t make a lot of mistakes. Bills have to clean things up with penalties etc. Looks like Mon Night vs NE is going to be a huge game for this team. As for them , a lot of teams are capable of winning the AFC and they’re in that mix. No one is totally dominant this year. TEN keeps winning but they’re playing close games and many teams will have a good shot at beating them even in TEN 

They are a well coached team on both sides of the ball. As usual. D is very good. Judon is on a tear. Mac Jones is starting to remind me of another system QB who did alright there. He’s very accurate and has very good touch on his throws. Hardly a gun but he can get it done.

To me a lot will depend on how effectively we can contain their run game especially on early downs.

The Patriots are a formidable opponent.  I'm sure Belichick will watch the film of Buffalo's loss to Jacksonville very closely, but then every opponent the Bills face will do that.  The Jets didn't mimic Jacksonville because they aren't set up to play a Cover 2 defense.  I imagine Robert Saleh figured he was better off to try and do what his team is comfortable doing.  Essentially he was in a lose - lose situation.  Belichick has preferred to play man defense recently, but if he thinks the Cover 2 is the way to contain Allen, I don't think he'll have any problem playing it.  

The Bills actually have a relatively tough stretch coming up.  The Colts and Saints are not going too lay down and play dead.  I expect and hope that the Bills get at least some Cover 2 looks, because Josh Allen needs to learn how to beat it.  That said, I think he can.

Before the season started, I said they would be tough. My reasoning was Cam would have a second year in the pats offense and Gilmore would be a pro bowler in that defense. Coach B deserves a ton of credit that some just threw to Brady. HOF coach. One constant has been attention to the o-line, well, that defense too.

They appear to be real again.  And man...   the break from them just should have been longer.  It feels like... as a wise man once said;  "This one thing is always supposed to stay".  

Still, I think that Buffalo is a better team.  And I would like to beat them twice and deny them the opportunity to show up like a poltergeist in the first round of the playoffs.

2 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

What is your definition of effective exactly? lmao

Agreed, yet some Bills fans are being stubborn. Keep the wool over they eyes I guess...

Well it wouldn't be 137 yards 1 TD 2 turnovers.  It also wouldn't be 51.4 comp% or 70.8 rating.  I bet you wouldn't say Allen was effective last week.  Neither would I.

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Italian Bills said:

Ok… we are still in front but the Cheaters keep on winning week by week.. four in a row now. We have the first offense and the first defense, New England is third in both categories. 
It seem that they are building their confidence game after game… i just want to know if you are worried about them, if you consider them a real threat to win the AFCE and maybe the AFC also. 

I’m kind of worried…on one hand, New England runs the ball and plays ball control offense.  If the Bills can stop the run, I think their defense matches up well with stopping a short passing game.  

The other thing that worries me is Matthew Judon and Belichick’s defense.  Judon will need to be accounted for in the game plan. Josh has to play really smart against the defense, which he did the last time the Bills played New England.

I think these will be tough games that will decide the division 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I don’t 

2 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I don’t 

You don’t what Virgil ? You don’t think about the them ? I always liked to read your points, so i’d like to see your here, if you don’t mind. 
Anyway i’m still sure that: 

- we have to make our OL stronger giving Josh more protection and then time

- play more PA, stop run the middle but outside the tackles and more quick throws with slants and jet sweeps

- more blitz on D and use more the 4-3 with Klein along Milano and Edmunds

- use the no huddle offense sometimes…

Just now, Gene1973 said:

No, but Allen isn't a rookie. Have to keep that in mind when watching Jones. He's the least physically gifted of this years' QB class but seems to be besting his draft mates.

Again, I literally said I think he is good.  You are arguing with me because I said he was overhyped.  I simply think he gets more credit than he deserves for that teams success.  The team has stellar coaching, defense, run game.  He is a game manager that is managing pretty well most of the time at this point.  

4 minutes ago, Italian Bills said:

You don’t what Virgil ? You don’t think about the them ? I always liked to read your points, so i’d like to see your here, if you don’t mind. 
Anyway i’m still sure that: 

- we have to make our OL stronger giving Josh more protection and then time

- play more PA, stop run the middle but outside the tackles and more quick throws with slants and jet sweeps

- more blitz on D and use more the 4-3 with Klein along Milano and Edmunds

- use the no huddle offense sometimes…

Correct. I don’t think about them.  Max Jones hasn’t played us and we straight up owned them last year.  We have the better team and they are playing an equally easy schedule.  Mac Jones can’t run and our defense is better.  

So yes, I don’t think about them 

35 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

key will be getting quick pressure on Jones.  

Edmunds Length may also help eat up those tight windows. 

Haven't you heard from our "experts" here at TBD? Klein is sooooo much better. Edmunds won't see the field unless Klein goes down. 

I'm kind of glad they're looking good. Our schedule was looking easy except for a couple of games and while that's great for going after the number 1 seed I was worried they wouldn't be battle tested when the playoffs roll around. Having 2 battles against the Pats to potentially decide the division makes life more interesting and will help sharpen the team. Of course if they blow us out twice I'll change my mind

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.