Tremaine Edmunds hamstring injury (Update - won’t play week 10)

YoloinOhio

44 minutes ago, WMDman said:

this should make some people around here happy...

I can’t imagine how. Not only is he playing great, more importantly, he calls the defense. Besides having your starting QB out, there are not many more impactful injuries out there than your starting MLB. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SWATeam said:

Don't love Edmunds missing this game.  With White dinking and dunking over the middle, I'd almost rather be without Tre in this one than Edmunds.

I don't think the D will have to carry the team this week as I suspect the Offense will get things going again.  Don't think it'll be a blow out, but my bet is the O holds their own enough where the D can get some slack.  Milano will need to be all over the place.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, FilthyBeast said:

Obviously not going to play on Sunday but isn't going to be the difference whether we win or lose against the Jets.

But having him able to play next week against the Colts and their oline/RB will make a huge difference.

Starting MLB won't make any difference?

No one on this board wants him missing time due to injury.  Even those of us that have provided negative criticism realize he is better than Klein.  The main question is more about whether he deserves a long term highly paid contract. The other question is whether or not there is a significant drop off in play when Klein is playing.  Klein started really poorly last year but by season's end he was playing better then Edmunds did at any point last year.  The sample size for this year for Klein is so small I can not even offer an opinion on his play.  

Here’s a hypothetical… what would you do as HC if Edmunds misses the game and Andre Smith goes in and plays like a guy with his hair on fire? Several big plays, TFLs, a forced fumble, INT, etc. If you ask me “what has been Edmunds’ best game as a pro?” I’m not sure I’d have that answer, but what if Smith had one of those definitive games you’d never forget and shined much brighter than Tremaine ever has. What would you do?

The hypothetical is for fun, people, not to be taken seriously, or considered “Edmunds bashing.”

1 hour ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Give us Brown and Knox back and watch the offense drop 45 on the Jets.  Could put a traffic cone out there at MLB.  Won’t matter.

I doubt that.  Our line definitely plays better with them in it but still not really all that good.  They are still one dimensional.  Also the Jets always seem to give Allen trouble.  Especially when Mosley is in.  I think we win this game but I don't think any kind of lopsided blowout.

• Dislike 1

10 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

Here’s a hypothetical… what would you do as HC if Edmunds misses the game and Andre Smith goes in and plays like a guy with his hair on fire? Several big plays, TFLs, a forced fumble, INT, etc. If you ask me “what has been Edmunds’ best game as a pro?” I’m not sure I’d have that answer, but what if Smith had one of those definitive games you’d never forget and shined much brighter than Tremaine ever has. What would you do?

The hypothetical is for fun, people, not to be taken seriously, or considered “Edmunds bashing.”

you cycle Smith in more and see if it is a fluke and not another Daryl Williams deal.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

I think we have great coaching  and Front Office and they'll balance the risks vs rewards of handing him a big time contract.  

I personally love him and feel he's our QB of the defense for a long time but it would certainly be interesting if that hypothetical played out..

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

I can’t imagine how. Not only is he playing great, more importantly, he calls the defense. Besides having your starting QB out, there are not many more impactful injuries out there than your starting MLB. 

Also I think the substitute OL we had last week has taught us that the backups are often much worse hahaha it’s almost like the coaches know the team better than us 

31 minutes ago, nucci said:

Starting MLB won't make any difference?

Against a team like the Jets, no it shouldn't.

Don't get me wrong want to have everybody healthy but if we can't beat a team like the Jets without Edmonds that obviously we are frauds.

But against a physical team like the Colts who are going to come in and pound this DL with one of the best olines and rushing offenses in the league yes it matters.

Edited by FilthyBeast

6 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I doubt that.  Our line definitely plays better with them in it but still not really all that good.  They are still one dimensional.  Also the Jets always seem to give Allen trouble.  Especially when Mosley is in.  I think we win this game but I don't think any kind of lopsided blowout.

Jets may indeed give Allen trouble but this is a different defensive scheme than he played the last 2 years so we will see

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Jets may indeed give Allen trouble but this is a different defensive scheme than he played the last 2 years so we will see

We shall but im guessing the Jets will look at what is giving us trouble this year and also what gave us trouble against them in the past.

We have been struggling with 2 high safeties and playing our receivers man to man underneath. Miami has excellent corners & Jacksonville’s aren’t nearly as good but are athletic enough to stay with our receivers until the Jacksonville line could get home. Jets corners can’t stay with our guys man to man I believe. And their best safety is out. Plus if Spencer Brown comes back and we kick Williams back inside we should be able to run the ball better.  We are a bad matchup for the Jets defense. 

• YoloinOhio changed the title to Tremaine Edmunds hamstring injury (Update - won’t play week 10)
54 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Won’t play this week per McDermott 

seems like a good chess move

-as the Rockpile Report noted a couple weeks ago, now is the season of real, hardnosed football. Combined with McBean building this team to peak in December/January, lets let Edmunds rest.

-Not to say the Jests are a cupcake.  But maybe I'm sayin it.

-If, as some are discussing upthread, the backups play with their hair on fire and have statement games, maybe this will motivate Edwards to 'leave no doubt' when he gets back.

-Edwardsdmunds did seem to be trending toward arriving at plays more on-time this year, and wanting to do more when he got there.  So let him rest it up so we can get a full look at his evolution before this off-season.

(Edit:  what does it say about me that I STILL cant get his name right.  Or, what does it say about his lack of leaving an impression on me?)

Edited by maddenboy

This was expected and not going to be the reason the Bills win or lose this game.

I actually like Klein stepping here. He's a very gritty player and was really an unsung hero getting this team back on track last year after a midseason type of funk. Especially in the Seahawks game where he was the most dominant player on the field that day on defense.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.