Tremaine Edmunds hamstring injury (Update - won’t play week 10)

YoloinOhio

44 minutes ago, WMDman said:

this should make some people around here happy...

I can’t imagine how. Not only is he playing great, more importantly, he calls the defense. Besides having your starting QB out, there are not many more impactful injuries out there than your starting MLB. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SWATeam said:

Don't love Edmunds missing this game.  With White dinking and dunking over the middle, I'd almost rather be without Tre in this one than Edmunds.

I don't think the D will have to carry the team this week as I suspect the Offense will get things going again.  Don't think it'll be a blow out, but my bet is the O holds their own enough where the D can get some slack.  Milano will need to be all over the place.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, FilthyBeast said:

Obviously not going to play on Sunday but isn't going to be the difference whether we win or lose against the Jets.

But having him able to play next week against the Colts and their oline/RB will make a huge difference.

Starting MLB won't make any difference?

No one on this board wants him missing time due to injury.  Even those of us that have provided negative criticism realize he is better than Klein.  The main question is more about whether he deserves a long term highly paid contract. The other question is whether or not there is a significant drop off in play when Klein is playing.  Klein started really poorly last year but by season's end he was playing better then Edmunds did at any point last year.  The sample size for this year for Klein is so small I can not even offer an opinion on his play.  

Here’s a hypothetical… what would you do as HC if Edmunds misses the game and Andre Smith goes in and plays like a guy with his hair on fire? Several big plays, TFLs, a forced fumble, INT, etc. If you ask me “what has been Edmunds’ best game as a pro?” I’m not sure I’d have that answer, but what if Smith had one of those definitive games you’d never forget and shined much brighter than Tremaine ever has. What would you do?

The hypothetical is for fun, people, not to be taken seriously, or considered “Edmunds bashing.”

1 hour ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Give us Brown and Knox back and watch the offense drop 45 on the Jets.  Could put a traffic cone out there at MLB.  Won’t matter.

I doubt that.  Our line definitely plays better with them in it but still not really all that good.  They are still one dimensional.  Also the Jets always seem to give Allen trouble.  Especially when Mosley is in.  I think we win this game but I don't think any kind of lopsided blowout.

• Dislike 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.