NYS releases Bills stadium study

YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Preliminary Bills Stadium Analysis

https://esd.ny.gov/sites/default/files/news-articles/ESD-Bills-Stadium-Analysis-Summary-FINAL-11-1-21.pdf

Didn’t make a recommendation between Buffalo or OP. new OP stadium at $1.35 billion versus $2.1 billion in Buffalo.

Why is is 750 mil more to build downtown?  Destruction of area?

2 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

Wow, that's a big document. I was expecting:

1. Yes, they could do with one

The end

That’s your tax money working for you! Somebody had to be paid the be VERY THOROUGH (while not saying much). 

Roof it for the $1.6B.  

If the team keeps winning it won't make a big difference in attendance or revenue.

But if they start losing again.........could mean A LOT to attendance and therefore revenue..........and also the quality of play and ability to attract talent.

Sh*tty weather seasons like this one and longer regular seasons that end in mid-January should be considered.

• Like (+1) 9
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 6

I think this confirms that OP will be the main area. Downtown sounds cool but I’m glad they’re sticking with tailgating 

1 minute ago, Doc Brown said:

Can't wait for this at our new stadium....

5f1a27d11e1c5.image.jpg?crop=1423,1067,8 

Put a fricken roof on it you morons.

Josh Allen confirmed himself that our new stadium won’t have a roof

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Just please no dome... Most domes look absolutely awful on TV. I want to see swirling snow and dark clouds as a backdrop as I'm enjoying the game on my comfy couch!

Or...they can just add that digitally while those of us at the game not die from exposure.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, TheFunPolice said:

Just please no dome... Most domes look absolutely awful on TV. I want to see swirling snow and dark clouds as a backdrop as I'm enjoying the game on my comfy couch!

I love real football weather as well. Trouble is football isn't built for real weather anymore. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, BuffaloBills1998 said:

I think this confirms that OP will be the main area. Downtown sounds cool but I’m glad they’re sticking with tailgating 

Josh Allen confirmed himself that our new stadium won’t have a roof

I wouldn’t say he confirmed it, he basically said “it’s sounding like it won’t be a dome”.  I doubt the players know any more than we do.

• Agree 3

3 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Or...they can just add that digitally while those of us at the game not die from exposure.

Nah, not the same!

I want to say "man what a crazy weather day it must be there!" as I sit in my Zubaz pants curled up with my cat and sipping a beer enjoying the crazy scene. 

Colts, Saints, and Falcons stadiums are almost unwatchable on TV, and it's a TV product! 

22 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Probably combination of required/recommend infrastructure work to support extra vehicular and foot traffic along with funds that will be required to acquire any extra land that might be needed to support the stadium and surrounding complexes. Also extra survey work to determine any environmental impacts, assess soil quality and any potential remediation efforts required. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

For the love of god don't put it downtown, the traffic jam would last until tuesday.  The infrastructure can barely handle the daily commute.  Build it across the street from the current one.  I would prefer a dome but it's not a dealbreaker, the important thing is that they don't cheap out and build it 50 feet underground this time.  THAT'S what causes the swirling winds that make it awful to play at.  Open air stadiums work fine in cold cities, e.g., Green Bay, Pittsburgh, KC, NE.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2
  • Dislike 1

Browsing the report, I would say spend the extra $300M, and build a new stadium with a roof in OP. That's my choice. Too much anciliary costs with building in Downtown, moving residents and business, demolition of buildings, clean up, building the new stadium. $2.1 Billion would be a ground level cost in my opinion.

• Like (+1) 3

37 minutes ago, Virgil said:

that 2.1 billion is a worst case scenario in terms of costs and also includes the most expensive options such as a roof, the low end estimate for a downtown stadium was 350 M more than in OP.  

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, corta765 said:

Give me Minnesota's glass cover where it shows a ton of sun and natural light to the point it looks like your outside at points if you were to do a roof. Otherwise outdoor do what Seattle has.

That is a beautiful building and doesn’t feel like a typical dome.  The windows at one end do open up. It’s actually got a “mall” feel in the wide open concourses. 

My personal preference would be an open stadium with some covered seats. 

25 minutes ago, BuffBillsForLife said:

For the love of god don't put it downtown, the traffic jam would last until tuesday.  The infrastructure can barely handle the daily commute.  Build it across the street from the current one.  I would prefer a dome but it's not a dealbreaker, the important thing is that they don't cheap out and build it 50 feet underground this time.  THAT'S what causes the swirling winds that make it awful to play at.  Open air stadiums work fine in cold cities, e.g., Green Bay, Pittsburgh, KC, NE.

Most of the extra money in the Downtown spec is for building out additional road ways, and infrastructure.

If the stadium was already downtown and we were talking about moving it to OP, you'd be saying "For the love of god, Abbott, Southwestern, and the 219 can't handle all that traffic. And a suburb doesnt have the infrastructure needed..." but here we are.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.