[Edit -Released by Raiders] Henry Ruggs involved in a fatal car crash, "DUI resulting in death" charges expected

DCOrange

1 minute ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

His career is over

2 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

Ugh… dumb decision by him to drive impaired and obviously the end result was just about the worst that you could ask for. Guessing this pretty much puts the kibosh on his career?

Not so fast. Its vegas, good attorneys, would not be surprised if he finds a way out of this. Would not be the first. We have seen murderers and rapists barely miss time. 

6 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Ruggs' attorney, David Chesnoff, tells TMZ Sports, "On behalf of our client Henry Ruggs III we are conducting our own investigation as of this writing and ask everyone to reserve judgment until all the facts are gathered.

David Chesnoff, gotta be the same guy, he is the go to lawyer in Las Vegas when you are in trouble, he must bill $2k/hour, big DUI lawyer.  He was also involved in with that lunatic from Houston Robert Durst from where I know of him.

• Agree 1

10:53 AM PT -- Cops tells us Ruggs was behind the wheel, driving his Chevrolet Corvette, when he crashed into a Toyota Rav4 around 3:39 AM. The Toyota caught on fire ... and first responders located a deceased person in the SUV.

Ruggs was transported to a local hospital for treatment.

Cops tell us the NFL star showed "signs of impairment" at the scene ... and they will be charging him with DUI resulting in death.

Edited by Gugny

• Hapless Bills Fan changed the title to Henry Ruggs involved in a fatal car crash, "DUI resulting in death" charges expected
Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Unfortunately the "misleading" part appears to be the "potentially"

Ruggs is known to own the green Vette observed at the scene and it's being confirmed he will be charged with DUI

I was going to mention the possibility but didnt want to be flamed here for jumping to conclusions.

He get the best lawyer in Las Vegas.

Just now, Blainorama5 said:

If he stayed on scene - how 'bout trying to get the other drive OUT??  Boy o boy, this is gonna get really rough for this kid - no matter how it turns out.  Let alone the friends and family of the driver who died.  Just awful!

I mean we have no idea what the scene was like or what condition Ruggs was in.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, BillsfaninSB said:

It amazes me that these athletes risk it all and not just call an Uber.

This.  Call an Uber, Phone a Friend...hell, dial a random number - What Bills fan in Buffalo wouldn't wake up their SO and throw on their Zubaz and hoodies to go pick up Diggs and his car and take both to a safe place?  Would give one a Helluva good story.

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Ruggs' attorney, David Chesnoff, tells TMZ Sports, "On behalf of our client Henry Ruggs III we are conducting our own investigation as of this writing and ask everyone to reserve judgment until all the facts are gathered.

His attorney?  hmm....  You would think his publicist/agent would be out front first...  unless he was recreating or being cited for reckless driving..

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

No info on Nevada law, but to me, speaking morally, you drink and get behind the wheel drunk and it's murder.

DUI resulting in serious injury/death.  Class B felony.  

Used to be covered under a murder statute.  Was changed recently.

1 minute ago, aristocrat said:

He's gonna be doing some time for this. At least 5 years I'd say. 

We'll see.  I would say the same about Britt Reid but wouldn't be shocked if he got wristslapped.

Ruggs said to be in hospital with broken hip:

https://www.totalprosports.com/2021/11/02/breaking-raiders-wr-henry-ruggs-involved-in-fatal-car-crash-video/

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.