[Edit -Released by Raiders] Henry Ruggs involved in a fatal car crash, "DUI resulting in death" charges expected

DCOrange

5 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

Bad wknd for me fantasy wise. I had Derrick Henry, James Robinson and Henry Ruggs on my team. Oye

Confirms bad things come in threes...

Edited by wjag

1 minute ago, 727Bills said:

Anyone else amazed that he walked away and the other person died....from the pics of the vehicles it looks like it should be the other way around.

Thoughts go out to the person who died 

The drunks usually always walk away. They don't see it coming so they don't tense up before impact. Their bodies being relaxed results in less major injuries. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

That's extreme. He made one mistake and you want to lock him up for the rest of his life?

There are mistakes and mistakes.  If you make a decision to do something that is illegal and known to be dangerous, and it costs someone their life, do you think it should be treated in the same category as "a mistake" like shoplifting or breaking a store window or something?

2 minutes ago, Process said:

Is this automatic jail time?

Probably not, especially with a very good lawyer

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

There are mistakes and mistakes.  If you make a decision to do something that is illegal and known to be dangerous, and it costs someone their life, do you think it should be treated in the same category as "a mistake" like shoplifting or breaking a store window or something?

No but should it be treated the same as someone who walks outside in cold blood and takes someone's life? 

• Agree 2

4 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

That's extreme. He made one mistake and you want to lock him up for the rest of his life?

I always ask myself how I’d feel if something involved my family, and I can easily answer in this case. With that said, he probably won’t spend life in jail, high priced lawyers make a huge difference in these cases 

• Agree 1

Just now, SirAndrew said:

I always ask myself how I’d feel if something involved my family, and I can easily answer in this case. With that said, he probably won’t spend life in jail, high priced lawyers make a huge difference in these cases 

It is likely manslaughter-- although I don't know Nevada law.

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Probably not, especially with a very good lawyer

I guess it all depends on if you view our justice system's goal is to rehabilitate & protect or punish & protect

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SirAndrew said:

I feel like even a regular joe wouldn’t spend life in prison for this… unless maybe it was their 4th or 5th offense.

6 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

A "mistake" that ended someone's life. He should rot in jail for life seeing as that person doesn't get to live theirs anymore.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo619 said:

This was no mistake. There were many decisions he had to make to get himself in this situation. He chose wrong for all of them. 

Instead of wasting tax dollars on his incarceration, capital punishment would be most appropriate action. 

Why don't we just gouge his eyes out and stone him.  Then we could be Saudi Arabia,

• Like (+1) 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Gambit said:

A "mistake" that ended someone's life. He should rot in jail for life seeing as that person doesn't get to live theirs anymore.

I am torn on this on the one hand he did do that, on the other he does literally no one any good being in prison the rest of his life, and intent is important.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

No but this is exactly why you have manslaughter and involuntary manslaughter.

I know but some are calling for it to be treated like murder, life in jail or even the death sentence....that's nuts 

Edited by 727Bills

4 minutes ago, Buffalo619 said:

This was no mistake. There were many decisions he had to make to get himself in this situation. He chose wrong for all of them. 
Instead of wasting tax dollars on his incarceration, capital punishment would be most appropriate action. 

I think reforming our justice system to enlarge the number of cases punishable by death is a bit beyond the scope of this FOOTBALL BOARD.

That said, at present please realize that a death sentence is generally held to be more costly to tax dollars than incarceration.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, TheBrownBear said:

The report says he was the driver and will be charged 

And so it does..  News is moving fast here.  Somewhat surprised they would leak that so early in the investigation.

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think reforming our justice system to enlarge the number of cases punishable by death is a bit beyond the scope of this FOOTBALL BOARD.

That said, at present please realize that a death sentence is generally held to be more costly to tax dollars than incarceration.

I know we don't want this to go off the rails (gl fam) but that's literally by design.  Executions are cheap, the legal process by which we get there is excruciating in its length and red tape, for better or for worse, for a theoretical purpose.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

That's because of all the extra rights of appeal and due process.  

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.