Houston and Miami could have Deshaun Watson deal (update - no deal prior to trade deadline)

YoloinOhio

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I think based on what Rapoport is saying Doc's theory is pretty much disproven at this point. There is no gentleman's agreement that they are all in on that he won't be put on the exemption list as long as he is inactive but would if there was any chance of him playing. That is not the case. The NFL does not intend to put him on the list even if traded. 

I don't claim that this proves my theory that the legal advice would be that is risky for them to do so.... it might be that but it might also, based on what Rapoport says, just mean the NFL don't feel that the allegations justify the exempt list unless and until criminal charges are brought. 

So you think Rapoport is wrong? I mean he literally works for the league. 

I mean how a good a WR is Antonio Brown on the Bills?

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

Rap's report doesn't say that the trading team won't inactivate him as well.  Again obviating the need for exempting him.  And again, as everyone agrees, he should be on the exempt list and isn't because...

Not that I trust anything cRapoport says after the Antonio Brown fiasco.

As it seems a lot of the leaks are coming from the Texans, I wouldn’t be surprised if they are leaking this too - true or not -to help grease the wheels for teams to jump in

• Agree 1

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

As it seems a lot of the leaks are coming from the Texans, I wouldn’t be surprised if they are leaking this too - true or not -to help grease the wheels for teams to jump in

Wouldn't surprise me.  I trust almost nothing I read these days.

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Even if this was from the league I wouldn't rule out this just being them taking the temperature of the room.

3 hours ago, mannc said:

The Watson trade rumors appear to have been put out by the Texans.  Watson is still a Texan so yes, the rumors have been false, just like the one that he would be traded by the end of last week. I don’t believe anyone is trading multiple first round picks for him until there is a positive resolution of his legal situation.

So it is your belief that no trade talks have ever occurred between the Texans and any other team?  That's the rumor that has been reported all along.

1 hour ago, 4merper4mer said:

Rapoport has had numerous stories on Watson being traded, Watson has not been traded and somehow those reports weren’t false?  That’s quite a reality twist even for a Pats fan.

Has Rapoport reported that Watson has been traded? I missed that.  Can you link where he was actually traded to, supposedly?

Edited by Mr. WEO

In all seriousness, the Panthers should be the ones trading for him.  

They actually have a non-terrible OL, McCaffrey (when healthy) and DJ Moore.  They traded for Gilmore, so clearly they're going for it, but Darnold has turned back into a pumpkin and I can't imagine they view him as their future anymore.

They also are located 90 minutes from Clemson territory, and would be able to dip into the Carolina collegiate fanbase to help offset any of the drama Watson brings.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

I really hope some reporters lose credibility after all of this.  This vague reporting has been going on for months now and seems like it's coming from the Texans themselves to generate interest.  It's crap

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

25 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I really hope some reporters lose credibility after all of this.  This vague reporting has been going on for months now and seems like it's coming from the Texans themselves to generate interest.  It's crap

Frankly, I'm shocked fans still fall for this stuff. Just this last offseason we were told Watson would never play for the Texans again. Russ Wilson was done in Seattle and now

way would Rodgers play for the Packers ever ever ever!

Russ, still a Seahawk. Rodgers, still a Packer. Watson, still a Texan (albeit with extenuating circumstance)...however he still reported to camp ready to roll.

The "reporters" got their clicks and traffic though. 

Most of what we hear as fans is fiction. 

Edited by No Place To Hyde
  • Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, SCBills said:

They actually have a non-terrible OL

Their O line is possible the worst in the league .

Watson is all they are talking about here today but he has a say as to where he goes. Bridgewater and now Darnold are being blamed for not being able to drive a broken car.
Miami has more to offer in a trade also.

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Your line of argument equally disappoints me. I think some people have so bogged themselves down to this "he is going on the list as soon as he is traded" they are now jumping through loopholes to avoid credible reporting to the contrary. 

The trade deadline in Nov 2nd.  Let's just say Houston trades with Miami later this week and Watson is not put on the exempt list.

OK he will not travel with the team to Buffalo.

As luck would have it the following week Houston travels to Miami for a football game on Sunday November 7th!

It would cause a US Media circus.  The entire Miami organization would be dragged into a feeding frenzy along with the NFL and Goodell.

Twitter, sponsors, women's groups, celebrities and a whole slew of others would cause Goodell to have no choice but to put him on the list.

I can't imagine anything else but that happening.

IMO.

• Disagree 1

Eagles make a lot of sense...

Also, if Watson is looking long-term and the chance to play in as many Super Bowls as possible, the NFC is the conference to be in. Most of the great young QBs are in the AFC. 

Aside from Murray, most of the top NFC QBs are older. 

The Saints should trade their next 10 1st round picks to Houston. That team is loaded with zero at QB. 

Edited by TheFunPolice

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

Nothing has happened but I haven’t found anyone that has completely mis-represented the situation.

Several people reported that there’s been discussion on Watson from several different teams including Miami, Carolina, and Philadelphia.  Those organizations did did not refute any of those rumors.  

The seriousness of those discussions have differed.  That could be where the hype is coming from at the deadline.  

But how great would it be, if a trade was made for Watson, only for him never play a down in the NFL again!

18 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Eagles make a lot of sense...

Also, if Watson is looking long-term and the chance to play in as many Super Bowls as possible, the NFC is the conference to be in. Most of the great young QBs are in the AFC. 

Aside from Murray, most of the top NFC QBs are older. 

The Saints should trade their next 10 1st round picks to Houston. That team is loaded with zero at QB. 

They were reportedly interested before the massage accusations but Watson vetoed Philly.

1 hour ago, JohnNord said:

Nothing has happened but I haven’t found anyone that has completely mis-represented the situation.

Several people reported that there’s been discussion on Watson from several different teams including Miami, Carolina, and Philadelphia.  Those organizations did did not refute any of those rumors.  

The seriousness of those discussions have differed.  That could be where the hype is coming from at the deadline.  

But how great would it be, if a trade was made for Watson, only for him never play a down in the NFL again!

They were reportedly interested before the massage accusations but Watson vetoed Philly.

Also true of Denver, per Ben Allbright

3 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

So it is your belief that no trade talks have ever occurred between the Texans and any other team?  That's the rumor that has been reported all along.

Has Rapoport reported that Watson has been traded? I missed that.  Can you link where he was actually traded to, supposedly?

You’re splitting heirs.  I’m not sure why.  Pats fan on Bills board.  Fine.  This is about the Dolphins.  We all hate them.  You don’t have to pick fights in every thread.  The guy said Rapaport had reported trade interest/trades being close yet no trade has materialized. Occum’s Shaver says he was more likely wrong than right but you have to die on the hill of lowering standards for the reporter and increasing them for the Bills fan in a thread………again.

Is it soup yet…, 

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Eagles just opened up a roster spot in the QB room 🧐

This is actually the team that makes the most sense given all the 1st rounders they have next year (including one from Miami).

But according to reports the only teams Watson will accept a trade to is Miami or Carolina.

I still think this whole situation is a big joke and not sure why any team would want to give up any draft picks of note for a guy with tons of legal issues hanging over his head, signed a huge contract and then basically quit on the team and demanded a trade. Whose to say he won't do it again even after he's traded?

Just seems like a big waste of picks and money for a guy who has been pretty overrated to begin with since he's been in the league and might be out of it for good within a few years pending the legal situation hanging over his head.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, x-BillzeBubba said:

my guess is nobody trades for watson

I'm starting to get the feeling he could be done done. It's not just a civil suit there's a couple felonies in there too. I think the league knows more about this than we do and that's why it's been so quiet on the legality front..... Somethings up cuz the kid is Young and super Talented.

Top 5 still.

Edited by r00tabaga

17 minutes ago, r00tabaga said:

I'm starting to get the feeling he could be done done. It's not just a civil suit there's a couple felonies in there too. I think the league knows more about this than we do and that's why it's been so quiet on the legality front..... Somethings up cuz the kid is Young and super Talented.

Top 5 still.

They are waiting on the Grand Jury investigation that will determine criminal charges or not.  

..Watson has been accused of sexual misconduct by over 20 women, all of whom work as massage therapists. The group of women is suing the superstar quarterback, who began his 2021 offseason by requesting a trade from Houston. There is also a criminal investigation into his conduct.

As we know, those investigations can take significant time to wrap up. Today, A.J. Perez of Front Office Sports reports what many had already assume: the investigation and inquiry into Watson won’t be over by the time the NFL trade deadline rolls around....

https://thespun.com/nfl/afc-south/houston-texans/deshaun-watson-lawsuits-criminal-investigation-grand-jury-timeline-nfl-trade-deadline

Houston reporters trying to gin up trade speculation.

Unless someone knows charges aren't happening, this trade isn't happening.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

You’re splitting heirs.  I’m not sure why.  Pats fan on Bills board.  Fine.  This is about the Dolphins.  We all hate them.  You don’t have to pick fights in every thread.  The guy said Rapaport had reported trade interest/trades being close yet no trade has materialized. Occum’s Shaver says he was more likely wrong than right but you have to die on the hill of lowering standards for the reporter and increasing them for the Bills fan in a thread………again.

no one, not even CPS, would consider my response to your misstatement “a fight”.

anyway, you could have just said “I don’t have such a link because obviously there is none.  I misspoke”….

Ya know, “if” things go bad for Watson, (not that they are going well presently) a lot of his contract could end up being voided, and his team would be off the hook in a big way financially speaking, it’s all just a waiting game at this point.