4 Texans that Could Start on the Bills

I cant recall a more overmatched opponent in my the last 25 years as a Bills fans than the Texans.  I can only identify 4 Texans that I think would be an upgrade over what we have starting.

Tackle Laramie Tunsil

Guard Max Sharping

Cornerback#2  Vernon Hargreaves

Punter  Cameron Johnston

There are other players like Justin Reid that come close but no way I would break up the Hyde-Poyer combination or Marcus Cannon at RT but that slot seems to be improving.  And Brandon Cooks is a stud WR, shut him down and dont let the Texans run wild we should win easily... i  wont even suggest replacing any Bills.  

Any given Sunday and the Texans are playing really hard for Culley.   The Bill O Brien era was dreadful for players and staff alike and most of the Texans have bought in big time,  so I still think the Texans can win, especially with the weather and our missing players.

• Like (+1) 3

Brandin Cooks is pretty darn good.

I know we love all of our receivers. But I don’t know I think Cooks would probably be second behind Diggs. That’s not a slight to our guys I just think Cooks is undervalued. Of course I’m sure someone will bring up him being on like six different teams already.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

32 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

Whitney Mercilus would start.

Good call.  He was a consideration of mine.  His best year was 5/6 years ago when they had to worry about JJ Watt in his prime.  This year had one sack against Trevor Lawrence in his Lawrence's first game.  I think Whitney is on the downslide now.

1 hour ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I cant recall a more overmatched opponent in my the last 25 years as a Bills fans than the Texans.  I can only identify 4 Texans that I think would be an upgrade over what we have starting.

Tackle Laramie Tunsil

Guard Max Sharping

Punter  Cameron Johnston

There are other players like Justin Reid that come close but no way I would break up the Hyde-Poyer combination or Marcus Cannon at RT but that slot seems to be improving.  And Brandon Cooks is a stud WR, shut him down and dont let the Texans run wild we should win easily... i  wont even suggest replacing any Bills.  

Any given Sunday and the Texans are playing really hard for Culley.   The Bill O Brien era was dreadful for players and staff alike and most of the Texans have bought in big time,  so I still think the Texans can win, especially with the weather and our missing players.

I really like Phillip Cunningham.  He is awesome against the run but fooled easily and not really a complete LB

17 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

I really like Phillip Cunningham.  He is awesome against the run but fooled easily and not really a complete LB

Did I hear Cunningham is out this week due to COVID?

18 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

Zach Cunningham is one of the top LBs in the league. I have no idea who Phillip is and how he gets fooled so easily.

1 minute ago, Rubes said:

Did I hear Cunningham is out this week due to COVID?

Yes.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

To be fair there punter gets a lot more practice. 

He probably gets exhausted and would welcome a swap! But I’d feel badly taking away their “bright spot”.  Imagine if we had lost Brian Moorman. The Pro Bowl would have been……oh, who am I kidding. The Pro Bowl has ALWAYS been unwatchable. Getting our guy LIT UP was the only interesting moment I can remember, and that’s just wrong

1 hour ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Brandin Cooks is pretty darn good.

I know we love all of our receivers. But I don’t know I think Cooks would probably be second behind Diggs. That’s not a slight to our guys I just think Cooks is undervalued. Of course I’m sure someone will bring up him being on like six different teams already.

Cooks is a wr id love to see the bills sign if he ever gets FA status and has the right to choose his destination.  He may have been on a number of teams already but he's always been traded to his new team.  Yet he still produced 3  consecutive 1,000 yd seasons with 3 different teams.  That speaks to his being a talented top wr. I think he'd fit right in with our wrs.

Just now, AuntieEm said:

Cooks is a wr id love to see the bills sign if he ever gets FA status and has the right to choose his destination.  He may have been on a number of teams already but he's always been traded to his new team.  Yet he still produced 3  consecutive 1,000 yd seasons with 3 different teams.  That speaks to his being a talented top wr.  I think he'd fit right in with our wrs.

Too bad that Houston got rid of the o'brien before we could have traded for Cooks.  Maybe if  Houston wants to draft a new qb and wants extra draft ammo they'll trade him to us for some draft picks.

2 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Tackle Laramie Tunsil

Guard Max Sharping

Punter  Cameron Johnston

Who is the Texans RG?

4 hours ago, QCity said:

I'm guessing it has more to do with his $15M per year contract rather than his play on the field.

It was okay on the field. Filling the wrong gaps in run fits. Cover 1 preview with rivers from football outsiders. So not just a fan either. 

7 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I dont know about Brandon Cooks if you are considering him a receiver.  HE would start over Diggs, Manny Sands, Cole Beasley, and Gabe Davis?

Or are we considering him a TE?

Yea I'd start him opposite Diggs. 

On 10/1/2021 at 4:40 PM, RoyBatty is alive said:

Tackle Laramie Tunsil

Guard Max Sharping

Punter  Cameron Johnston

seriously??

Vegas doesn't think so .... 16.5 pt spread

Weather? ..... Houston has to play in it too

Missing players? ... Feliciano is not exactly indispensable; it's a good week for Poyer to heal up

On 10/2/2021 at 4:38 AM, John from Riverside said:

Brandon cooks has bounced around a bunch in trades right? If he was so good why wouldn’t teams want to keep him on the team

Three teams have used first round picks on Cooks and a 4th - the Texans - used a 2nd. 

Sanders (on his 5th team btw), traded for a 3rd and allowed to walk as a free agent twice. 

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Three teams have used first round picks on Cooks and a 4th - the Texans - used a 2nd. 

Sanders (on his 5th team btw), traded for a 3rd and allowed to walk as a free agent twice. 

It doesn’t bother you the teams would use such high resources to get him and then allow him to leave the team?

2 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

It doesn’t bother you the teams would use such high resources to get him and then allow him to leave the team?

Not when they keep getting production and high picks back, no. If a team had spent a #1 then canned him for a #5 then sure. He has had 1,000 yard seasons for all 4 teams and this year is averaging over 100 yards per game on one of the worst offenses in football where he is the only legit threat. 

When the Saints traded him they were tight on the cap and weren't going to be able to pay him so they cashed in. The Pats probably regret trading him to LAR but they were getting their first back. And the Rams chose Woods and Kupp ahead of him as better fits for the Goff offense. If Stafford was their QB at that point I am pretty sure they'd have kept Cooks. They went out and signed Jackson this offseason because with Stafford you need that homerun ball guy.