Dolphins are the frontrunner on trade for Deshaun Watson

YoloinOhio

11 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

But again the Giants are in complete rebuild mode. Barkley might not be on that roster next year which means you’ll have no running game, no O Line and no WRS. If I’m Watson I’m staying far and away from the Giants organization. Plus the Manning’s have a lot of power on that franchise hence why Jones was drafted. I think Jones is going to be on that team for a while. Also the Giants don’t have the draft capital to compete against either Miami or Philly. And no Miami is not a total compete mess like the giants are

The Giants have 2-1st rounders in 2022, both likely in the top-half, while Miami has 1 (SF's, which should be a later one).  And why would Barkley be gone in 2022?  He's still under his rookie contract so there's no need to move him and no one's trading much of anything for, while if keeping him helps them get Watson, they'll do that.  As what do the Manning's have to do with Daniel Jones?

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

The Giants have 2-1st rounders in 2022, both likely in the top-half, while Miami has 1 (SF's, which should be a later one).  And why would Barkley be gone in 2022?  He's still under his rookie contract so there's no need to move him and no one's trading much of anything for, while if keeping him helps them get Watson, they'll do that.  As what do the Manning's have to do with Daniel Jones?

He’s on his last year of his rookie deal. And Daniel Jones pre draft was very close to the Manning family, you don’t believe me then look it up

Just now, BuffaloBills1998 said:

He’s on his last year of his rookie deal. And Daniel Jones pre draft was very close to the Manning family, you don’t believe me then look it up

The Giants picked-up Barkley's 5th year option, meaning he's under contract in 2022, for just $7M. 

As for Jones and the Mannings, this is what I found:

There’s something of a misconception that Jones and the Manning family are extremely close. That’s not necessarily the case: The friendship between Jones and the Manning boys seems to be strictly on-field, though there’s clearly a mutual respect between the two parties.

Seems like a working relationship and Jones got Eli retired, of sorts.  I don't see it as an impediment to replacing him if Watson is viewed as a better QB, which he is.

7 minutes ago, Doc said:

And as for Miami, after seeing they only have 1-1st rounder next year, and likely a later one at that, and they're in the AFC, that makes them the least likely trade partner. 

I agree with you but if the offers are weak because of Watson’s baggage they may have a chance. 

His career is over.  

How is he ever supposed to be the face of an NFL franchise again?   

This wasn't 1 incident with 1 woman (which isn't to downplay this it just would make an argument in his defense - one bad decision idk 'easier' to defend?)

Considering all the "canceling" society is doing for far less, the fact this is being reported the way it is and how he's being covered is rather sickening.   

There are 100s of wealthy professional athletes across all 4 major sports......NONE of them have anything close to the allegations Watson has against him.  I guess he's just a poor unfortunate victim of the wrong women at the wrong time.  Could happen to any of them I tell ya.

Ban.  Ban him for life.  

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

25 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

His career is over.  

How is he ever supposed to be the face of an NFL franchise again?   

This wasn't 1 incident with 1 woman (which isn't to downplay this it just would make an argument in his defense - one bad decision idk 'easier' to defend?)

Considering all the "canceling" society is doing for far less, the fact this is being reported the way it is and how he's being covered is rather sickening.   

There are 100s of wealthy professional athletes across all 4 major sports......NONE of them have anything close to the allegations Watson has against him.  I guess he's just a poor unfortunate victim of the wrong women at the wrong time.  Could happen to any of them I tell ya.

Ban.  Ban him for life.  

If he is criminally charged and found guilty he will never play again. 

Seems we are mostly in agreement here. There is zero chance we'd want that guy on our team. I cannot root for someone who did what he did.

I do not want to win that badly, but if the Phins want to roast marshmallows on a dumpster fire, go ahead!

ps: Get oj's name off the wall. Please.

• Like (+1) 1

I am pretty sure that Watson is not a good person.  I think he would fit perfectly in the Andy Reid - KC abusive home.  Maybe KC can trade Mahomes - who is just punchable for a really bad person at QB.

Come on Andy - we know you want another Sexual Predator to go with your other criminal cases.  Go ahead make the call today.

🤦‍♂️

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

Ban.  Ban him for life.  

I hate the accusations as much as anyone, but can we let this play out first? That very well may he his fate, but we (or at least ) don’t yet know enough to be making such a call, IMO. Again, that may be well deserved, maybe prison is even warranted. BUT, let’s see how it goes first. 

I wonder what the strategies are here. Are the accusers and their attorney slow playing this because it helps their leverage getting a settlement? Are they waiting for the trade deadline to apply pressure? Are some of these accusers just jumping on for the expected payoff? On the flip side, are there dozens of more victims who just don’t want to be a part of the process because it’s so ugly? 

I’m sure many people have followed this more closely than I have. I’m sure there is a lot of info I’m not aware of. My point is a general one: I like people to get their day in court and to have the facts come out before judging them. Maybe that’s just me?  🤷‍♀️

Edited by Augie
  • Agree 3

1 hour ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

There’s a tweet that just came out that said Miami might pull the trigger and give up 3 1st round picks and they’ll be sending Tua to Washington for a second rounder. 

Can you be more specific?  A tweet from some random person?  Grier's twitter account?

3 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

I'm not sure I'd do that deal if I was Washington

That part of the tweet made me realize that anyone can tweet anything (well, almost) anytime they want.

Edited by Doc

9 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Houston turned down some insane offers

While true if you had told me 6 hours before the first accusation became public he was anything but golden I would have been surprised. He seemed to have the world on a string up to that moment.

• Like (+1) 1

One interesting tidbit in the Watson sweepstakes is who will have a more attractive draft capital offer Miami or Philadelphia?

IMO, Miami severely hamstring there ability to clearly have the most ammo by handing the Eagles an additional 2022 1st round draft pick for the rights to trade up and draft Jaylen Waddle.  

In the end I think Philly is going to beat Miami's offer and that 1st rounder Miami gave Philly will likely be the difference

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Estro said:

One interesting tidbit in the Watson sweepstakes is who will have a more attractive draft capital offer Miami or Philadelphia?

IMO, Miami severely hamstring there ability to clearly have the most ammo by handing the Eagles an additional 2022 1st round draft pick for the rights to trade up and draft Jaylen Waddle.  

In the end I think Philly is going to beat Miami's offer and that 1st rounder Miami gave Philly will likely be the difference

Plus they can throw in Hurts, who while not great, is much better than Tua

7 hours ago, foreboding said:

ps: Get oj's name off the wall. Please.

Doubt the Pegulas decide to wade into those waters if they don't have to, but I bet it doesn't show up in the new Stadium.

3 hours ago, Estro said:

Also on Watson's side going to the NFC East means it's much easier to make the playoffs.

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, Estro said:

There's no question who has the more attractive draft capital.  Philly will likely have 2-1st rounders in the top half of the 2022 draft while Miami will have 1 in the latter half.  Philly is also not in the AFC.  And as I said earlier, I think the Giants look long and hard at the situation since they have similar draft capital to the Eagles. 

• Agree 1

23 minutes ago, Doc said:

There's no question who has the more attractive draft capital.  Philly will likely have 2-1st rounders in the top half of the 2022 draft while Miami will have 1 in the latter half.  Philly is also not in the AFC.  And as I said earlier, I think the Giants look long and hard at the situation since they have similar draft capital to the Eagles. 

True. Not sure the Maras would okay that trade though.

38 minutes ago, Doc said:

I didn’t realize Philly had two 1st rounders. But I get the sense that they love Jalen Hurts there. I haven’t seen him Play very much to get a beat on him. 

3 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I didn’t realize Philly had two 1st rounders. But I get the sense that they love Jalen Hurts there. I haven’t seen him Play very much to get a beat on him. 

I have no idea what Philly's commitment to him is, but I have watched a little bit. The Philly offense as a whole is a mess. Hurts is talented, but is also making a bunch of mistakes that make a bad offense a lot worse. Kind of a Daniel Jones like situation. 

That said, I think a team giving up any first round pick let alone multiple for a QB who might not be allowed to play in the NFL going forward is absurd. So I am really pulling for an AFCE team to pull the trigger. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Neither did I (same with the Giants) until I heard they were interested and looked at the 2022 draft order.  And again I thought Miami had 2-1st rounders.  They don't so I don't know why anyone thinks they're the front-runners?

6 hours ago, Doc said:

Good point I hadn't thought of the Giants, but they do make sense.  That trade up the Dolphins made for Waddle was a head scratcher because I've always thought it'll probably cost them Watson. Fine by me.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Estro said:

Good point I hadn't thought of the Giants, but they do make sense.  That trade up the Dolphins made for Waddle was a head scratcher because I've always thought it'll probably cost them Watson. Fine by me.

Waddle was going to be the difference maker for Tua.  Quick short area movements and a QB that can only throw short passes.

They went in one way to help Tua and it hurts them long term when Tua still looks bad in camp and then the regular season.

Waddle is a nice piece, but without a QB that is not a helpful chess piece for Miami.

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I don't think they're going anywhere with him, personally. Just another guy.

• Agree 1

25 minutes ago, MJS said:

I don't think they're going anywhere with him, personally. Just another guy.

I thought I heard before the season that Philly made a big push but Watson wouldnt approve a trade to them.  

2 hours ago, Doc said:

Neither did I (same with the Giants) until I heard they were interested and looked at the 2022 draft order.  And again I thought Miami had 2-1st rounders.  They don't so I don't know why anyone thinks they're the front-runners?

Could it be because Miami also has 2 first-rounders in 2023?

2 hours ago, Rubes said:

Could it be because Miami also has 2 first-rounders in 2023?

True they do, but 2-1st rounders in 2022 is worth more than 2-1sts in 2023.  To hear people talk about Miami's draft capital, it's as if they were the only team to have 2-1st rounders anytime in the next few drafts.