Delanie Walker wants to sign with contender, will accept reduced role

To compete with Sweeney and hollister? Sure. 

im not racing to do it, but if his ankle checks out he could at least be a good presence for the team in a TE room that has very little talent to be protective of. 

not my top addition if given choices but wouldn’t be upset if it happened 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Doc said:

His best days were 4 years ago.  Pass.

I think “accept reduced role” equals I’ll take whatever check you will give me before I become a gym teacher? 

I kid (kinda) but that's not an uncommon path. 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Haha (+1) 4

1 minute ago, Augie said:

I think “accept reduced role” equals I’ll take whatever check you will give me before I become a gym teacher? 

Yeah it's "I'll take a million dollars to do nothing.  Thanks!"

I guess a 1-year league minimum deal with no guarantees would be a no-lose proposition.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Augie said:

He is saying he will accept practice squad role with enhanced practice squads again.

1 hour ago, Augie said:

My best days were 4 decades ago. Oh, how the time goes past….  😪

Augie I thought age is just a number! Get out there and make it happen again :w00t:. Meanwhile I have an herbal tea to brew and neighbors to complain about 🧐

• Haha (+1) 2

I think he's closer to needing a walker than playing in the NFL.  He'll be 37 in August which is 73 in football years for TE's.  Having said that, I'd at least bring him in for a workout.

• Haha (+1) 3

For a vet min, absolutely. What the hell could it hurt? Dude achieved way more on the field than anybody in the TE room, if any of that vet savvy rubs off on Knox/Sweeney/Hollister, the team improves. 

I mean sure, if Ertz happens, might be a different story. But I'm not waiting for the price of peanuts against the cap right now 

Just now, bills522 said:

For a vet min, absolutely. What the hell could it hurt? Dude achieved way more on the field than anybody in the TE room, if any of that vet savvy rubs off on Knox/Sweeney/Hollister, the team improves. 

I mean sure, if Ertz happens, might be a different story. But I'm not waiting for the price of peanuts against the cap right now 

Full disclosure: Walker probably won me a league or two circa 2017. Quiet, but constant production. If there's no more tread on the tires, move on in August 

The veteran minimum for 10+ year player is around $1.1 mil. so no.  Even if it was lower he is taking a spot up for Sweeney or someone who can still develop.  No.

He’s saying what every other 30+ player is saying who isn’t signed yet.

Edited by machine gun kelly
  • Like (+1) 3

This is the Bills:

"I feel like it's got to be a team that's a contender," he told SiriusXM NFL Radio. "A team that has a quarterback that's going to throw the ball, that's got a complement with a running back and some receivers that's going to help."

But what is Delanie?  I would try him out at the very least......

6 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

The veteran minimum for 10+ year player is around $1.1 mil. so no.  Even if it was lower he is taking a spot up for Sweeney or someone who can still develop.  No.

He’s saying what every other 30+ player is saying who isn’t signed yet.

I'd take him over Sweeney in a heartbeat. Sweeney is a late round project player who the odds have always been stacked against actually developing into a starter.

We've seen TE's continue to be effective late into their 30's.

MJS, I normally agree with you, but this guy is practically in a walker.  At least there is hope with Sweeney.  

As far as Hollister, I don’t know.  He played well in college with Allen so he’s worth at least evaluating in camp. Then we’ll see.

there’s a difference between the third best receiving TE in football in 2019 (Ertz) and an over the hill beat up 36 year old who is desperate to get a job.

Im not crying (I’ll let Donuts do that - just kidding my friend) if we don’t get Ertz, then we’re done unless someone is dropped in camp on another team.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I understand the Ertz deal is close

You didn't say close to what. 

Close to being ignored by press?

Close to being declared a joke?

Close to being an obsession for some posters? (already jumped the shark)

il_fullxfull.1736685335_ld3z.jpg

13 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

Not the worst idea to kick the tires.

No but it’s definitely up there

4 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I understand the Ertz deal is close

Really? Someone should start a thread if it’s that close

Edited by Brennan Huff
  • Haha (+1) 3

13 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

I'm prepared to sign for the vet min at a reduced role as well. 

Towel boy would probably be the lowest I could go. 

I’ve always wondered what the job description looks like for the people who squirt water into player’s mouths on the sideline. Is there a marksmanship test or hand strength requirement? How do you work your way up to the pros?

19 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I’ve always wondered what the job description looks like for the people who squirt water into player’s mouths on the sideline. Is there a marksmanship test or hand strength requirement? How do you work your way up to the pros?

Cue the "You're the best... around..." 🎶  Karate Kid soundtrack!!

• Haha (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Interestingly enough.  My friend and his dad worked the sidelines before the Pegula's came in and I guess they cleaned house of all of those "support personnel".

Those jobs are basically who you know, not what you know.

• Like (+1) 1