Anyone interested in Jonnu Smith? EDITED He signed with the Patzies. they over paid

PrimeTime101

7 hours ago, 947 said:

The Chiefs were able to significantly slow the WR-centric aspect of our offense down with physical & illegal play. The blueprint is out, and we can expect to see more of that in 2021. A competent receiving TE is a need if we want to keep the offense rolling.

It was illegal play. We will see flags thrown.

And the fact that Brown was injured and couldn't separate the way he normally can and Beasley was playing on a broken leg had a large part in the offense's problems.

And a competent receiving TE may well be on the roster. Knox is developing. It's not a necessity to bring one in. I'd like it, myself. But there are other priorities. I hope we manage it, but I don't see them spending a lot of cash on it.

41 minutes ago, GLP said:

Bill B. saw how much trouble Travis Kelce gave the Bills in the playoffs and has decided to get his own Top 3 TE. I think it's pretty smart on Bill. We better find a way to cover good TE's.

Belichick knew about TEs before Kelce was out of high school.

Edited by Thurman#1

7 hours ago, NewEra said:

Our offense needs to change.  Keep it the same is a loser mentality.  Evolve.  Improve. Get better.  Become more multidimensional.  If we don’t, we’ll lose.  

that’s not to say that we need to spend big bucks on a TE, but our offense being so WR centric and losing John brown doesn’t bode well for “improving”.  We have to improve.  

I couldn't agree more. You can still run a dynamic offense with quality wrs without ignoring a run game or a dependable TE safety valve. We can't rely on Knox alone. We can't rely on Singletary alone. It's like Daboll realizes he doesn't have the complimentary components (RB/TE) to run a deceptively "balanced" offense. Just chuck it to Diggs, Beasley or Davis and if we need some running yardage we'll force Josh to morph into Vick. Teams will just drop 7-8 all year long like KC did in the afccg. Flood the route tree.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GLP said:

Bill B. saw how much trouble Travis Kelce gave the Bills in the playoffs and has decided to get his own Top 3 TE. I think it's pretty smart on Bill. We better find a way to cover good TE's.

Deciding to do something and actually doing it are two entirely different things. 

• Agree 2

• 10 months later...
7 minutes ago, NickelCity said:

I can't believe the production in light of that contract. Hysterical. 

To me,  Jonnu will always be the guy whose angry pregnant girlfriend boiled a pot of water just to dump it on him:

https://www.si.com/college/2016/11/10/fiu-jonnu-smith-girlfriend-boiling-water-injury

Edited by BADOLBILZ

53 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Belichick cant draft, cant sign the right free agents, and cant win without Brady.   I think they'll be very lucky to be better that Miami next year.

Belichick is one of if not the best coach of all time, but he is an awful GM. He can and does win without Brady, but that defense is a bunch of guys about to retire and needs a lot of work. I don't think he is the guy to rebuild while developing a QB. One or the other and he is probably in the playoffs more often than not. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

I’m just going to be happy watching them overpay free agents as they desperately try to fix their team to compete with the Bills. Go ahead and buy some more flops. All the while, being convinced that Mac is going to be the next great player. The tables have turned!

Looking at the top 100 list of free agents .. most of the few who really performed at a high-level this year were the ones that their original teams resigned. Hopefully TBD will remember that when we do not go on a spending spree this offseason.

https://www.nfl.com/news/top-101-nfl-free-agents-of-2021-who-are-the-best-players-available

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Judon is another one, completely faded down the stretch. Invisible in the big games. Jalen Mills was the only decent signing. Hunter Henry played pretty well too but that cap number is absurd. They spent money to spend money and this is the result of not being able to draft.

Winovich got hurt and regressed, Joejuan Williams is a bum so they had to sign Mills. Might lose JC Jackson now. They’re in big trouble. Geriatric defense.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Judon is another one, completely faded down the stretch. Invisible in the big games. Jalen Mills was the only decent signing. Hunter Henry played pretty well too but that cap number is absurd. They spent money to spend money and this is the result of not being able to draft.

Winovich got hurt and regressed, Joejuan Williams is a bum so they had to sign Mills. Might lose JC Jackson now. They’re in big trouble. Geriatric defense.

They looked so slow vs the bills 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Rampage said:

They're light on draft picks and cap space too. Ton of expiring contracts. 

They were able to benefit for years signing people cheap so that they could play with Brady and possibly win a super bowl.

Those days are over, I don’t see free agent wide receivers chomping at the bit to play with Mac. 

They’ll have to pay like everyone else now, not only that but do free agents really find Bill’s boring style of play fun? The players seem miserable. I see a rough patch ahead for the Patsies. How could it not be knowing you have to face Allen the next 7 years at least? 

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Belichick is one of if not the best coach of all time, but he is an awful GM. He can and does win without Brady, but that defense is a bunch of guys about to retire and needs a lot of work. I don't think he is the guy to rebuild while developing a QB. One or the other and he is probably in the playoffs more often than not. 

He has three winning seasons without Brady all time.  He is 1-2 in the playoffs without him.   How many coaches would still have a job, let a lone be called one of the best all time with 3 winning seasons in 9 years?     He is a sub .475 coach without Brady, thats worse than Matt Nagy, Bill O'Brien, Marvin Lewis, Dan Quinn, Jack Del Rio, and Rex Ryan.    Tom Brady was the Patriot Way, and without him Bill Belichick would have been fired in New England as well, he was 11-16 in his first two years there in games Brady didnt start. 

People can roll their eyes and disagree all they want, but if Tom Brady never happens in NE, Belichick probably ends up back with Parcells in Dallas in 2003.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, CorkScrewHill said:

Looking at the top 100 list of free agents .. most of the few who really performed at a high-level this year were the ones that their original teams resigned. Hopefully TBD will remember that when we do not go on a spending spree this offseason.

https://www.nfl.com/news/top-101-nfl-free-agents-of-2021-who-are-the-best-players-available

I love our team and hope that we can keep it as intact as possible and only add players via the draft. I hope free agency is only retaining the roster, I have no issue not bringing in any big name free agents.

42 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

He has three winning seasons without Brady all time.  He is 1-2 in the playoffs without him.   How many coaches would still have a job, let a lone be called one of the best all time with 3 winning seasons in 9 years?     He is a sub .475 coach without Brady, thats worse than Matt Nagy, Bill O'Brien, Marvin Lewis, Dan Quinn, Jack Del Rio, and Rex Ryan.    Tom Brady was the Patriot Way, and without him Bill Belichick would have been fired in New England as well, he was 11-16 in his first two years there in games Brady didnt start. 

People can roll their eyes and disagree all they want, but if Tom Brady never happens in NE, Belichick probably ends up back with Parcells in Dallas in 2003.

It still takes 2 to tango 

He won 11 games with Matt Cassell 

Cassell ******* sucks

• Disagree 1

8 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

It still takes 2 to tango 

He won 11 games with Matt Cassell 

Cassell ******* sucks

You're pointing to the one season he was able to do that.  Dick Jauron won ten games in the league before.   My point is, without Brady, in its entirety, Belichick isnt some coaching God.     He is a coach in the league without Brady, and a substandard coach in the league at that.   I'd say that it takes 2 to tango, except Brady seems to be doing pretty well without BB. 

9 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

You're pointing to the one season he was able to do that.  Dick Jauron won ten games in the league before.   My point is, without Brady, in its entirety, Belichick isnt some coaching God.     He is a coach in the league without Brady, and a substandard coach in the league at that.   I'd say that it takes 2 to tango, except Brady seems to be doing pretty well without BB. 

The Patriots suck

he coached up a terrible team to the playoffs .  Belichick just went to the playoffs with a rag arm quarterback and a s***** defense.. that defense was so overrated and slow.. it's a miracle he got that in the top 5

I'm not going to sit here and say Bill belichick sucks because he's not a terrible coach

He created the best game plan in NFL history to stop our own Buffalo Bills in the bowl against the Giants 

he's a great coach, nobody's a god 

Edited by Buffalo716

Is he just the TE version on Matt Breida?  

Having the physical ability to be a very good player but the football IQ just isn’t there and that makes them a liability on the field.  

for BB to sign him to all that money and never include him in the game plan is telling. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

He has had 2 losing seasons in NE including the first and the last one with the COVID holdouts and Cam. He got the browns to 11-5 with Testeverde lol. The Browns were a team that a lot of people thought were going to take a bigger step before they collapsed following the relocation announcement. Lots of guys would be coaching with this resume. Did Brady coach all those amazing defenses that won them those early championships? 

8 hours ago, Trogdor said:

This is what was said last year.  That he had too many players on defense who bailed out on Covid.  However,  they all came back and the result was still the same; except they beat up on bad teams.  I think Bill and Josh McDaniels have been getting a pass for too long and they are cooked without a Franchise QB

16 minutes ago, ganesh said:

This is what was said last year.  That he had too many players on defense who bailed out on Covid.  However,  they all came back and the result was still the same; except they beat up on bad teams.  I think Bill and Josh McDaniels have been getting a pass for too long and they are cooked without a Franchise QB

It was a pretty good defense, it definitely needs to be rebuilt. They are super old on that side of the ball and not much better on the other. What does he do now with the nepotism hire? That's still a 10 win team with a rookie, I don't think that equals bad coaching. The Bills are just much better at almost every major position. I can't wait to watch them try and rebuild while developing a QB though, I don't think he sticks around for it. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.