Anyone interested in Jonnu Smith? EDITED He signed with the Patzies. they over paid

PrimeTime101

1 minute ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Our offense is so WR centric I don’t see them spending 8+ million a year on a tight end unless they plan on going 21 personal mostly.  

Our offense needs to change.  Keep it the same is a loser mentality.  Evolve.  Improve. Get better.  Become more multidimensional.  If we don’t, we’ll lose.  

that’s not to say that we need to spend big bucks on a TE, but our offense being so WR centric and losing John brown doesn’t bode well for “improving”.  We have to improve.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Our offense is so WR centric I don’t see them spending 8+ million a year on a tight end unless they plan on going 21 personal mostly.  

this statement is so wrong.. IF brown were here still I might agree but he's not. Your living in the past... our Offense was not dynamic enough, getting around the 8th best TE in the NFL would help with that.

Just now, NewEra said:

Our offense needs to change.  Keep it the same is a loser mentality.  Evolve.  Improve. Get better.  Become more multidimensional.  If we don’t, we’ll lose.  

that’s not to say that we need to spend big bucks on a TE, but our offense being so WR centric and losing John brown doesn’t bode well for “improving”.  We have to improve.  

100% agree! teams with top 10 TE are proving how important it is to have a great TE 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

Hunter Henry or Jonnu are my number 1 targets in free agency this year. Pass rusher #2

Hunter Henry would be epic. Especially because there’s a good chance that Knox may come along. That would be a great wrinkle to show on offense, we would probably be able to run the ball better that way too.

5 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

The Chiefs were able to significantly slow the WR-centric aspect of our offense down with physical & illegal play. The blueprint is out, and we can expect to see more of that in 2021. A competent receiving TE is a need if we want to keep the offense rolling.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Victory Formation said:

Hunter Henry would be epic. Especially because there’s a good chance that Knox may come along. That would be a great wrinkle to show on offense, we would probably be able to run the ball better that way too.

I actually think either or would be Epic. It allows you to do more things.

Counting on the organic development and maturation of Dawson Knox is not a good way to move forward into next season. Having a top 10 tight end in this offense would be a good evolution in my opinion. As such, Smith should be on the Bills radar. As should Ertz, Henry, Gronk and any other available high-quality TE’s.

Edited by MiltonWaddams

Just now, glazeduck said:

Both Henry and Smith are going to be out of our price range, unfortunately.

I think Rudolph or trading for Njoku are probably our best bets, barring Feirmuth dropping to our 2nd rd pick...

I really hate hearing about out of price range blah ... There are ways to structure contracts that helps that.

Just now, MiltonWaddams said:

Counting on the organic development and maturation of Dawson Knox is not a good way to move forward into next season. Having a top 10 tight end in this office would be a good evolution in my opinion. As such, Smith should be on the Bills radar. As should Ertz, Henry, Gronk and any other available high-quality TE’s.

Again 100% agree. Now we find out if Bean gave smoke screen on TE position or not. I think we will find out really fast.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PrimeTime101 said:

I really hate hearing about out of price range blah ... There are ways to structure contracts that helps that.

Agreed, but even with some inventive cap management, it would be tough to pay a tight end the $10 million plus per year that those two are going to get and fill out the roster and pay the draft picks for this year. This is going to be a very exciting week to see how they manage to fill out the roster.

Just now, PrimeTime101 said:

I actually think either or would be Epic. It allows you to do more things.

I really liked how New England’s offense looked with Gronk and Hernandez. We obviously run the Erhardt-Perkins offense, the same one they were running back then. I think by having two big bodied TEs on the field our passing game would open up, as well as the running game and coincidentally the play action as well, which Allen thrives at. 

• Agree 1

Just now, PrimeTime101 said:

lol sorry for trying to bring some reality to the conversation. Perhaps I should've been more explicit (read: boring.) You can't sign everybody, teams have their priorities and I tend to believe that TE is low on this team's priority list. Lower, certainly, than CB, pass rush, DL, OL, WR, RB, KR/PR and probably backup QB. 

Yes contractual funny money sometimes exists in the NFL, but just because it *can* happen, doesn't mean Jonnu's up for that, won't get a better offer elsewhere, or we'll even try to do that (see priority comments above). 

I'll gladly be wrong, because I love Jonnu's game, but I don't see it here...

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

Again 100% agree. Now we find out if Bean gave smoke screen on TE position or not. I think we will find out really fast.

EXACTLY! Tampa was in a similar cap situation as the Bills and they just handed out huge contracts to Brady, Godwin, David, and Barrett...the Bills can sign Smith or any guy they want 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.