Anyone interested in Jonnu Smith? EDITED He signed with the Patzies. they over paid

PrimeTime101

21 minutes ago, glazeduck said:

Possible, yes and again -- I'd LOVE to see it. I just think the athletic TE is too big of a trend in the league right now for him to come to a team that has to do a whole bunch of cap karate to even get in the discussion, ya know? His agent's job is to get him top dollar, so he would have to really want to come to Buffalo, and I feel like we would've heard something about that by now. 

I do think that it’s entirely possible that he takes a short term (1-2 years) deal in a pass heavy offense to get his stats up before the salary cap jumps back up. It’s unlikely, but not entirely unexpected or irrational. 

1 minute ago, thenorthremembers said:

He is a good player.  He is not a player that makes a large difference in a wins and losses.   Very few tight ends do.

NE literally dominated the division with TEs for years.  They make a huge difference in that offense.

1 minute ago, nbbillsfan said:

That Didn't stop AJ Brown and Corey Davis from both being top 20 receivers in yards.

Also,  I find it concerning that Jonnu barely outproduced their second string tight end Firsker. 

Yep. I didn’t get the hype with this guy.

• PrimeTime101 changed the title to Anyone interested in Jonnu Smith? EDITED He signed with the Patzies. they over paid
38 minutes ago, glazeduck said:

Both Henry and Smith are going to be out of our price range, unfortunately.

I think Rudolph or trading for Njoku are probably our best bets, barring Feirmuth dropping to our 2nd rd pick...

4 yrs, $50MIL... as I said, he was out of our price range...

1 minute ago, PrimeTime101 said:

NO its not. This changes everything. we are going to have to settle this year with Knox

the right team over payed.. As much as I wanted him. he does not scare me

Never ever would I have thought Jonnu would get that much.  Major over pay IMO, and now the TE market may have just gotten a lot more expensive at the top of the FA group than even expected.

My guess has always been that if we make a move at TE it was more likely Beane would trade a 5th for someone like Ertz, Howard or Njoku...or wait until the FA market settles and then target a veteran who can help develop Knox more.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

Never ever would I have thought Jonnu would get that much.  Major over pay IMO, and now the TE market may have just gotten a lot more expensive at the top of the FA group than even expected.

My guess has always been that if we make a move at TE it was more likely Beane would trade a 5th for someone like Ertz, Howard or Njoku...or wait until the FA market settles and then target a veteran who can help develop Knox more.

yea at this price setting the market for TE.. I think its not in the conversation any more. we will settle with Knox. Just a gut feeling now

4 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

NO its not. This changes everything. we are going to have to settle this year with Knox

the right team over payed.. As much as I wanted him. he does not scare me

One TE signs and now we have to settle for Knox?

Didn’t you say, just minutes ago, that some players might want to play for a ring....

1 minute ago, PrimeTime101 said:

yea at this price setting the market for TE.. I think its not in the conversation any more. we will settle with Knox. Just a gut feeling now

I still think a trade is very much possible, as well as a quality veteran in FA at an affordable price once the top range gets over paid.

1 minute ago, Einstein's Dog said:

J Smith is too expensive.   Doesn't look good for Hunter or Ertz now.

Bummer because I wanted the Bills to get a veteran TE.   Hope it doesn't price us out of a Rudolf/Everett/Howard type.

My new hope is trade with Cleveland for K Hunt and Njoku.

Do we settle for Hunter?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.