Week 16: Sunday Games Around the League

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

So this actually worked out for the Bills. Using the playoff machine I don't see a route for us to play the Ravens or Titans in the wildcard round. Going to be Colts, Dolphins, or Browns unless something really unlikely happens. As long as we beat the Patriots tomorrow of course. 

This assumes we win out. If we lose to Patriots or Dolphins we could still end up playing the Ravens. As long as we keep the #2 seed and the Ravens beat the Bengals next week it's impossible as far as I can tell.

1 minute ago, Process said:

Browns going to miss the playoffs because they lost all of their WRs the day before a very important week 16 game . 

Sucks to say because we are one of the favorites to win the superbowl but youre going to have to put at least a small asterisk on the winner this year. 

Absolutely not. Every team has dealt with this crap. Adapt of fail. Browns failed 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Process said:

Browns going to miss the playoffs because they lost all of their WRs the day before a very important week 16 game . 

Sucks to say because we are one of the favorites to win the superbowl but youre going to have to put at least a small asterisk on the winner this year. 

Demz the breaks. Oh well! It could happen to any team. Im not astericking anything.

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

So this actually worked out for the Bills. Using the playoff machine I don't see a route for us to play the Ravens or Titans in the wildcard round. Going to be Colts, Dolphins, or Browns unless something really unlikely happens. As long as we beat the Patriots tomorrow of course. 

We lose to Dolphins and Steelers win out.

2 minutes ago, Process said:

Yeah the Browns not making it to the Playoffs makes it illegitimate. 🙄 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Process said:

Why? Because the Browns might miss the Playoffs because their WRs were ruled ineligible? What else happened this year that affected the final standings? Two other teams that were hit hard by Covid are likely to make the Playoffs (Ravens and Titans). The Broncos were already out when they lost all their QBs. This season doesn't deserve an asterik one bit.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I just feel the Ravens and Titans are a legitimate threat in the conference.... Colts are def not winning it.

Last I checked, this conversation had nothing to do with winning the conference......but do what you do

5 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Then what would it be a pass?  That is a fumble and called correctly 

The word lateral doesn't exist in the NFL rulebook. There are forward passes and backward passes. In both cases, a throwing motion is required. Having the ball knock out of the hands of a runner is a fumble whether it hits the ground or not. Fumbles can't be advanced by another teammate under 2 mins. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Justin C said:

Why? Because the Browns might miss the Playoffs because their WRs were ruled ineligible? What else happened this year that affected the final standings? Two other teams that were hit hard by Covid are likely to make the Playoffs (Ravens and Titans). The Broncos were already out when they lost all their QBs. This season doesn't deserve an asterik one bit.

Exactly was anyone crying when we had No TEs except one because he was at his kids Birth. Adapt or Fail. Browns did what Browns do. Failed 

5 minutes ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

I suspect officials scewed the Browns on the call.  Fumbled backwards and did not hit the ground.  That should be eligible for advancement, imo.

No it isn't...that is the old "Holy Roller" rule after the Raiders won a game like that at the last second by recovering a forward fumble in the end zone.

It was a clear fumble, it doesn't need to touch the ground.

Edited by Big Turk

7 minutes ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

I suspect officials scewed the Browns on the call.  Fumbled backwards and did not hit the ground.  That should be eligible for advancement, imo.

Fumbled on 4th down at the line for scrimmage can only be advanced by the person who fumbled it.