Week 16: Saturday Games Thread TB at Detroit, SF at Zona, Mia at LV nightcap

2 minutes ago, par73 said:

Still should not be a problem

Jets are good against the run and poor against the pass. This is huge imo

1 minute ago, JoshAllenReceipts said:

I told you guys that Tua isn't any good.

Just another misevaluation by the so-called experts.

Tua is a bust.

But but accuracy... and left handed and Alabama Football!!!!!

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, JoshAllenReceipts said:

I told you guys that Tua isn't any good.

Just another misevaluation by the so-called experts.

Tua is a bust.

See so many tweets that preface Tua criticism with “He’s going to be good for a long time, but...”

I’d love for anyone who does that to explain why “he’s going to be good for a long time”. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

Very much so. I'd really like the Giants to win tomorrow. I really really want to not play Baltimore or Tennessee first. I'll take anyone else. 

if giants beat baltimore....buff beat Mia, balt beat CIN...balt gets 7 seed

1 minute ago, dma0034 said:

Jets are good against the run and poor against the pass. This is huge imo

But but accuracy... and left handed and Alabama Football!!!!!

Nobody actually understands what "accuracy" means.

Sam Bradord was deemed "accurate".

Josh Rosen was deemed "accurate".

These so-called experts do not understand what Accuracy truly means.

3 minutes ago, SCBills said:

See so many tweets that preface Tua criticism with “He’s going to be good for a long time, but...”

I’d love for anyone who does that to explain why “he’s going to be good for a long time”. 

Media is trying to cling to another false narrative.

They're trying to push the false narrarive that Tua is good.

1 minute ago, djp14150 said:

if giants beat baltimore....buff beat Mia, balt beat CIN...balt gets 7 seed

There is more to it than that, does Buffalo beat New England? What do Cleveland and Pittsburgh do? What does Tennessee do?  This is what I'm saying. There are so many moving pieces that it's hard to pin down the specific results you want  when one thing changes it changes a bunch of other things. This will be a futile exercise until Tuesday.

I will say it's rather interesting hearing about some people talk about Allen for the first two years and Tua this year. I almost look at Allen as being the opposite of Tua. He had a 52% completion rate and won the teams some games that they really had no business winning and did it with his arm and aggressive play making ability. Tua is holding the Dolphins back but has a high completion rate and lets teams stick around despite them not being very good because he lacks either the arm strength or the aggressiveness. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

There is more to it than that, does Buffalo beat New England? What do Cleveland and Pittsburgh do? What does Tennessee do?  This is what I'm saying. There are so many moving pieces that it's hard to pin down the specific results you want  when one thing changes it changes a bunch of other things. This will be a futile exercise until Tuesday.

if everyone ended up at 10-6 by all losing.....

ten gets division

Balt is 5

mia is 6

cle is 7

Just now, TBBills said:

I am confident in Barkley winning the game

I actually think it would be Fromm. Beane said after training camp cuts he didn't want to cut Fromm without seeing him in a real game. If we win on Monday, next week won't matter and Beane will have his chance to see if Fromm can develop into a backup QB.

All I have to ask is why did some people on this board want Gruden??? Good lord he’s beyond horrible, he might be worse than Fisher and Ryan combined. Talk about all ego and no action to back it up, 18-29 since coming back and 1-5 in the later part of the season 2 years in a row. If I’m Davis I fire gruden. I think he lost the locker room with that 19 seconds

1 hour ago, jkeerie said:

All I can say for those who really want to play the Dolphins, be careful what you wish for.  Fitz makes their offense dangerous and he's played in the cold.  The Bills are a better team...but the Dolphins are awfully lucky.

They are extremely confident right now. Not sure there are any easy outs on the afc side from the 8 teams with a shot to get in. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

All I have to ask is why did some people on this board want Gruden??? Good lord he’s beyond horrible, he might be worse than Fisher and Ryan combined. Talk about all ego and no action to back it up, 18-29 since coming back and 1-5 in the later part of the season 2 years in a row. If I’m Davis I fire gruden. I think he lost the locker room with that 19 seconds

Gruden’s atrocious, but he’s actually done better than I thought he would... it was so obvious that the game had passed him by, I thought he’d be one-and-done...Oh well, one more AFC team we won’t have to worry about for a while.

One final thought to anyone out there upset about Miami winning and that they have that "luck" factor/something about them look this year that makes you nervous.  

If Miami lost tonight, and you watch what Baltimore is about to do to its next 2 opponents and by some chance it's them we play in RD 1, you'll be lamenting the Dolphins collapse its last 2 games and wishing we were preparing for that team instead of the one with a cheat code at QB and a Defense about 5x as good as Miami's when healthy.  

I know we can beat anybody.  I don't take any team lightly.  There are no good options just a best of the bad options in the AFC.  Give me a freaking break that you'd be fine with Baltimore over Miami in RD 1.  You can't be serious.  

• Like (+1) 2

35 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

One final thought to anyone out there upset about Miami winning and that they have that "luck" factor/something about them look this year that makes you nervous.  

If Miami lost tonight, and you watch what Baltimore is about to do to its next 2 opponents and by some chance it's them we play in RD 1, you'll be lamenting the Dolphins collapse its last 2 games and wishing we were preparing for that team instead of the one with a cheat code at QB and a Defense about 5x as good as Miami's when healthy.  

I know we can beat anybody.  I don't take any team lightly.  There are no good options just a best of the bad options in the AFC.  Give me a freaking break that you'd be fine with Baltimore over Miami in RD 1.  You can't be serious.  

Watch what they do against the Giants and the Bengals? What a great measuring stick.

• Thank you (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

I rather face Lamar than Fitz in the playoffs . Bills can handle Lamar this time and almost beat him during his MVP season. Fitz is more worrisome because you will never know which Fitz will show up. 

Edited by Joe Ferguson
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, 97bills said:

I was thinking the same thing I’m getting that TD on 2 down 

Exactly..... I think the analytics people who are sometimes too smart for their own good took a kick to the groin on that one!!

If you can score a TD, you take the TD.

3 hours ago, whatdrought said:

Everyone who isn’t a Dolphins fans: “the Dolphins offense is concerning with Tua.”

Dolphins fans: “no, it’s because he doesn’t have any help. He’s totally fine and still a god.” 

Ryan Fitzpatrick: “What’s a ‘Tua’?”

Chico Marx:  "Tua, she's a what comes after the one-uh."

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

They are extremely confident right now. Not sure there are any easy outs on the afc side from the 8 teams with a shot to get in. 

The Dolphins are an easy out. I don't know why we'd pretend differently. They just aren't very good and we should be hoping to play them round one. The Steelers are also looking like an easy out.

Outside of that, the Browns struggle to beat good teams, who knows what you get with Baltimore, the Colts are decent but not scary. Titans and Chiefs are easily the most worrisome competition.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Boxcar said:

The Dolphins are an easy out. I don't know why we'd pretend differently. They just aren't very good and we should be hoping to play them round one. The Steelers are also looking like an easy out.

Outside of that, the Browns struggle to beat good teams, who knows what you get with Baltimore, the Colts are decent but not scary. Titans and Chiefs are easily the most worrisome competition.

The Dolphins match up terribly with the Bills. They play man coverage a ton and of Allen's top 4 QB Rating games in his career, 3 have come against Miami. He shreds them and runs all over them.

8 hours ago, Nitro said:

Score the TD.  Your defense stinks in big situations.  Play safe and what happens?  Give up a HUGE pass play and lose.  Chuckie....you need to fire the whole defensive coaching staff.  Side note....Tua again did not impress.

Tua reminds me of bad Tyrod...the offense grinds its wheels for 3 quarters before someone else comes in and all of a sudden they start moving the ball.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

Disagree. The defender has every right to catch the ball. They were both tracking, both looking up, and both going for the catch.

Only if the defender stays off the receivers body, ie; arms torsos and hands etc, 

Also...is it normal of QBs to skip post game press conferences if they are injured? Kyler Murray skipped it and I am wondering how much of it was actually due to injury versus simply not wanting to have to speak to the media.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Special K said:

Exactly..... I think the analytics people who are sometimes too smart for their own good took a kick to the groin on that one!!

If you can score a TD, you take the TD.

i think it works but Only if you are playing for a walkoff field goal.  Raiders left 22 seconds on the clock.

interesting how both the Raiders and Liberty blew off the easy TD and one loses outright, the other didn’t end up scoring at all and was fortunate to win in OT