Week 15 MNF: Steelers at Cincy

Just now, Taro Nimbus said:

So in one weekend, Bills win the division, Patriots get eliminated from playoff contention, and Pittsburgh hands the Bills the 2 seed!    Good times!    

+ Jets won and have fallen out of the #1 draft spot and likely will lose out on Trevor Lawrence

In the early 90's stuff used to fall together......over the course of a few weeks teams would fall by the wayside........ but I don't remember getting 4 great outcomes like that in one weekend late in a season.

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Who wants to tell him he’s a box of tools. It’s not workin, fam.

If I were Tomlin, I couldn’t guarantee that the Steelers win any more games, but I could guarantee this jack@ss would not be stepping foot on any other team’s logo!

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Not necessarily. If the Bills and Titans and one other team all finish 12-4, the Bills end up winning the tiebreaker in most cases. And I would bet one of Cleveland, Indy, and Pittsburgh will end up 12-4.

Correct.  And with the Browns finishing with the Jets & Steelers you would think they would finish 12-4 also.

So with a win in Foxboro we can still field the back ups against Miami.  Perfect.

2 minutes ago, Rochesterian Bills Fan said:

Titans need to drop one more. Go Saints!

No. Best Titans can finish is 12-4.  If Bills win next week and Colts beat Steelers, then best Steelers can finish is 12-4 with a win over the Browns.  Assuming Browns beat the Jets, if Steelers lose to Browns then they would finish 12-4.  Bills hold tie breakers over all teams in this 3 way tie  scenario and will get the 2 seed.  

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Taro Nimbus said:

So in one weekend, Bills win the division, Patriots get eliminated from playoff contention, and Pittsburgh hands the Bills the 2 seed!    Good times!    

On a personal note, Xavier hits a step back 3 at the buzzer to beat Marquette and go 8-0. We also had “our Christmas“ with son and DIL before they left for her family in Florida. Best weekend in a LONG time!  

GO BILLS! 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, jkeerie said:

No. Best Titans can finish is 12-4.  If Bills win next week and Colts beat Steelers, then best Steelers can finish is 12-4 with a win over the Browns.  Assuming Browns beat the Jets, if Steelers lose to Browns then they would finish 12-4.  Bills hold tie breakers over all teams in this 3 way tie  scenario and will get the 2 seed.  

yep. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I’m not sure how there is a theoretical chance.  

worst chiefs can do and best bills can do is 13-3 with head to head tiebreaker win for chiefs right? 

Chiefs have to lose out and Steelers have to win out....and we have to win out.

I only think one of those things has a decent chance of happening.

1 minute ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

worst chiefs can do and best bills can do is 13-3 with head to head tiebreaker win for chiefs right? 

A three way tie at 13 and 3 makes us the one seed. Very unlikely KC loses two in a row. Very unlikely Pit wins 2 more, too, frankly.

1 minute ago, Rock-A-Bye Beasley said:

Perfect game. I won my fantasy playoff game by 1.1 pts and the Steelers lost. I had 3 of their players 

I feel you man.  I started the night tied with my opponent in semis.  I had Pitt D and Eric Ebron (who got injured in first half).  Opponent had Juju Smith-Schuster.  I ended up edging him by 1 thanks to Juju's fumble 😅 

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, dma0034 said:

Sorry the Titans game doesn't actually matter next week. 

BIlls will clinch #2 with win and:

Steelers loss and Browns win  (as long as the Browns and Steelers don't tie in the last game)

or

Steelers loss and Titans loss

Why doesn't titans game matter in scenario 1?

12 minutes ago, Billsatlastin2018 said:

Correct!

But a Tie is a# 2 Seed!

Now, let's not hear anymore nonsense about resting players! 

If we have the #2 seed locked up and no way to get #1 why wouldn't we rest them?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

Damn whoever made tie breakers complicated!

2 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

You would need the Steelers to win out to finish 13-3 also.  Our head to head with KC is disregarded and it goes on Strength of Victory. We need a lot of help.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Billl said:

So now do you want Pittsburgh to keep losing so you get the 2 seed or root for them to win out in the slim hope of getting the 1 seed via a three way tiebreaker?

Let the pieces fall where they may. If for some reason KC loses and Pitt wins next week, sure let's root for another Pitt win and KC loss. If it goes the other way then it's moot.

1 minute ago, Process said:

Why doesn't titans game matter in scenario 1?

Just because it is unlikely the game will result in a tie in week 17. Cleveland would automatically lose home field if they tie so they would have to go for it on 4th down... either converting along the way or giving the Steelers good field position.

1 minute ago, Billl said:

So now do you want Pittsburgh to keep losing so you get the 2 seed or root for them to win out in the slim hope of getting the 1 seed via a three way tiebreaker?

We dont need Pitt to lose...we just need to win.  We control 2 seed now.  1 seed is pretty unlikely.  But we could be home for entire playoffs if the dominoes fall the right way

• Like (+1) 2