Week 13: Sunday Games Thread, Around the League

Just now, Warcodered said:

Honestly I'm not sure how winning helps them right now.

A few teams look to be tanking. 

Just now, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I am seriously confused. Unless you are allowing hail Mary’s like the bills, all you do is run a prevent when the other team

needs 60 yards to score in 20 seconds. 

Way worse than bills. They played man coverage with 3 Receivers running straight downfield. No safety. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I am seriously confused. Unless you are allowing hail Mary’s like the bills, all you do is run a prevent when the other team

You only run prevent if you are trying to win.

6 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Wow. So basically the raiders went the length of the field in like 25 seconds. How is that possible? I need to see the highlights. 

Gregggggggggg went all-out blitz with no deep safety help, eschewing the normal 5 DB's on the 20 yd line Hail Mary defense.

9 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Not when you are GW and organization playing for Lawrence 

• Like (+1) 1

At what point does the league fine teams for intentional tanking?  10 seconds left up 4 and you don’t have any DBs back?  It’s obvious Gase is being paid to tank for TL which in its own right is a form of cheating.  NFL needs to go to a lottery or teams like the Colts and Jets will continue to do this.  

Edited by Weatherman

2 minutes ago, Weatherman said:

At what point does the league fine teams for intentional tanking?  10 seconds left up 4 and you don’t have any DBs back?  It’s obvious Gase is being paid to tank for TL which in its own right is a form of cheating.  NFL needs to go to a lottery or teams like the Colts and Jets will continue to do this.  

“Integrity of the game” isn’t a particularly high priority for the league office. 

A lottery doesn't change this. 

Why does it matter?

A lottery only guarantees a league like the NBA or NHL. 5 serious teams, a dozen teams stuck on the treadmill of mediocrity, the rest permanent bottom feeders.

27 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

A 46 yard TD against an all out blitz. 

Agholor was also WIDE open in the EZ on the previous play. I don’t know whether that was the worst defensive playcalling i have ever seen or deliberate. I really don’t think the jets’ coaches wanted to lose that game, but you gotta wonder when they run schemes like that.

36 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

If I'm Darnold, I'm like "Trade me right ***** now."  And then hang up.

Greggggggggggggg Williams is such an idiot.  How do you not line up 5 DB's on the 20 yard line?  An all-out blitz on a Hail Mary?  With man coverage?  Jesus what an idiot.

The previous play was just as bad.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, dave mcbride said:

Agholor was also WIDE open in the EZ on the previous play. I don’t know whether that was the worst defensive playcalling i have ever seen or deliberate. I really don’t think the jets’ coaches wanted to lose that game, but you gotta wonder when they run schemes like that.

Ruggs is one of the fastest WRs in football with a 4.27 40 yard time. So, the Jets line Lamar Jackson up 1:1 with no safety help whom runs a 4.58 40 yard time. 

Definition of throwing a game. 

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, Weatherman said:

These guys are all going to get fired....so I dont get it.

Just now, RichRiderBills said:

These guys are all going to get fired....so I dont get it.

Riddle me this: why wasn’t Why hasn’t Gase been fired yet when other teams with better records have parted ways with theirs.  Any other team would have fired Gase last year.  Not saying this tank has been planned all along, but could it have been?