Week 13: Sunday Games Thread, Around the League

21 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

As is the fact that when his read is there he actually throws it rather than hold the ball shuffle his feet for no discernable purpose and then throw late and into the dirt. 

Indeed. He looks a lot more comfortable back there. Wentz has the yips to an extreme. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, njbuff said:

Really Chargers?

You play balls to the wall against Anthony Lynn’s former team but decide to lay an egg against NE?

A BIG F U to the Chargers.

The Bills took their foot off their throats last week when up 24-6...

If you leave the door open the other team keeps trying... didnt happen today obviously...

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Just saw the NE/Chargers score. Anyone want to recap what happened there? Just Bellichick befuddling a rookie QB? 

Punt return for a TD early by Pats...they were up 21-0, Chargers trying for a long FG at end of half and it gets blocked and returned for a TD to make it 28-0 instead of 21-3 and appears it just kept going from worse to worst.

Just now, Big C said:

Wowzerz. Skipped the Hawks game thinking it was gonna be a blowout. 

Giants kicked their ass all game. They deserved that win and probably by more than 5 points.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, GunnerBill said:

If Belichick can scramble these Patriots to 9-7 that would be a hell of a job. This is a 5 or 6 win roster - maximum.

Would be funny if the Pats and Bucs both landed at 9-7 and outside of the playoffs. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Michael1962 said:

did anyone see the end of the Jets/Raiders?  I thought I saw the turnover on downs to the Jets with under 2 minutes and I figured they would win one.  Then came back and the Raiders won?

Greggg unveiled his no man covered scheme to save the tank.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Michael1962 said:

did anyone see the end of the Jets/Raiders?  I thought I saw the turnover on downs to the Jets with under 2 minutes and I figured they would win one.  Then came back and the Raiders won?

i was in the same boat. I was stunned when I saw the score. I turned off when the jets stopped the raiders at 1:30 left. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

If Belichick can scramble these Patriots to 9-7 that would be a hell of a job. This is a 5 or 6 win roster - maximum.

I think they have a legitimate shot at 10 wins.

LAR should beat them, but they've been turnover prone, if that turnover prone LAR team shows up...

Tua was struggling to move the ball against CIN. He won't be able to do it against NE.

Going to Foxboro is going to be tough for us, we should beat them, but the Pats are going to be hunting.

NYJ should be an easy win, they took them to the wire the last time but I don't think that happens again.

1 hour ago, Process said:

Wtf are you talking about with herbert lmao. The guy has lit it up every single game he's played in. He has one dud against the greatest coach of all time and youre calling for people to jump off the train?

The kid is an absolute stud. 

Can you read? 

I called for nothing. I merely am referencing the constant glorification of these quarterbacks by the National media. I never said none of it wasn’t deserved, or that it had some merit. 

My point was more towards the perception and obsession of these young guns 

2 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Re the Jets, I have to say that as risky as that last defensive call was, it really almost worked. I cannot believe Carr climbed up in the pocket like he did, avoided the pressure, and dropped an absolute dime into Ruggs’

hands. It was a really brilliant play by Carr. 

It was a tank by the Jets.  All the safeties played up.  Not one deep.  Were they afraid Carr was going to run?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Just as people shouldn't jump on after a game or two nor should a couple of bad days be enough to jump off. Justin Herbert has just played against the best defensive mind in the league and played against another pretty good one in McDermott last week. He has still had a very good rookie year.

This is exactly what I mean. People are so quick to buy all in on a guy, based off a flash play or the excitement of potential. I’m not saying that any of these guys can’t make it. Herbert has put up fantastic numbers. That doesn’t mean he is going to have a successful career or that he’ll be a top tier guy in the future. Temper expectations. 

Turico livid that Bengal tackler didn’t get thrown out for the two penalties on punts. Like it’s never happened before. 🤔Then says nothing about Flores acting the tough guy fool like a high school coach on the field pointing fingers. 

Edited by QLBillsFan

5 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

LAR should beat them, but they've been turnover prone, if that turnover prone LAR team shows up...

Tua was struggling to move the ball against CIN. He won't be able to do it against NE.

Going to Foxboro is going to be tough for us, we should beat them, but the Pats are going to be hunting.

NYJ should be an easy win, they took them to the wire the last time but I don't think that happens again.

Hell of a coaching job. 

That's probably it for Lynn. It seemed like the team really quit - that final score is inexcusable.

I'd love it if the Pats had zero hope at this point of the season. As it is, they have slight hope.  

Hopefully, the Rams can put an end to that.

24 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Giants! Wow

First NFC East team to win against a team with a winning record this year.

The bills have three more wins against teams with winning records than the whole NFC East does.

I know it’s the NFC East but that’s still crazy!

2 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

This is exactly what I mean. People are so quick to buy all in on a guy, based off a flash play or the excitement of potential. I’m not saying that any of these guys can’t make it. Herbert has put up fantastic numbers. That doesn’t mean he is going to have a successful career or that he’ll be a top tier guy in the future. Temper expectations. 

Nor does today mean he won't. 

3 minutes ago, Beast said:

That was one of the worst weeks of NFL football I’ve seen in quite some time.

Agree. 

2 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Yeah, all those people needed to "temper expectations" after Mahomes won MVP.

"You can't predict the future" is the lamest take of all time.

1 minute ago, Success said:

That's probably it for Lynn. It seemed like the team really quit - that final score is inexcusable.

I'd love it if the Pats had zero hope at this point of the season. As it is, they have slight hope.  

Hopefully, the Rams can put an end to that.

After that performance I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't finish the season.

6 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

I was thinking the same thing and with dread I saw the bills finish 9-7 and out of the playoffs

and the pats taking the division at 10-6...again

Just now, QLBillsFan said:

Pats have good shot at 9-7. If others fall off they could make it. Pats game is our toughest remaining game among a few other tough ones.

It would start to chip away at the psychological damage I've developed over 2 decades if we could be the team to end their playoff hopes.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Unforgiven said:

I was thinking the same thing and with dread I saw the bills finish 9-7 and out of the playoffs

If the Bills win only one more game this season they don't deserve the Division or the playoffs.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, QLBillsFan said:

Pats have good shot at 9-7. If others fall off they could make it. Pats game is our toughest remaining game among a few other tough ones.

I actually think the raiders and colts and browns winning today— While disappointing at first— helps to prevent against the Pats sneaking in to the playoffs. 

25 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Just saw the NE/Chargers score. Anyone want to recap what happened there? Just Bellichick befuddling a rookie QB? 

Justin Herbert meet Bill Belicheck.  56 attempts for under 250 yards, no TD's and 2 INT's.

Cam Newton was 12/19 for 69 yards.

Pats scored TD's on a punt return and blocked FG attempt.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Unforgiven said:

Are you bringing up a hypothetical or do you really think that the bills will win only one of their final five games?

Just now, ColoradoBills said:

If the Bills win only one more game this season they don't deserve the Division or the playoffs.

Pretty much if the Pats win out and the Bills only win 1 more game then the Pats absolutely deserve the win with that roster....you know unless they cheat.