Week 13: Bills at 49ers on MNF (in Arizona)

YoloinOhio

7 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yes - jake’s dad is Former Ohio state LB Eric Kumerow who is Joey’s mom’s brother. Their great-grandfather was a Chicago mobster. 

The real question is did he or did he not wear gloves.

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

I thought he was eligible last weekend myself 

Last weekend was 3 weeks but not 3 games.

6 hours ago, Bronxbomber21 said:

Why dont they just keep the white facemask and get rid of the gray

When I played hockey, most players used grey or black face masks because they were easier to see through than the white masks.  I’m not sure if it’s as important in football, since the opening is much larger. 

• Like (+1) 1

I read somewhere that ABC will simulcast two MNF games for what remains of the year, and it happens to be both Bills games. Awesome news for those of us who don't have ESPN.

The source was not exactly reputable: https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/nfl/abc-will-air-2-monday-night-football-games-in-december/2020/11/30/8817d232-3345-11eb-9699-00d311f13d2d_story.html .  Anyone see this elsewhere?

13 minutes ago, co_springs_billsfan said:

I read somewhere that ABC will simulcast two MNF games for what remains of the year, and it happens to be both Bills games. Awesome news for those of us who don't have ESPN.

The source was not exactly reputable: https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/nfl/abc-will-air-2-monday-night-football-games-in-december/2020/11/30/8817d232-3345-11eb-9699-00d311f13d2d_story.html .  Anyone see this elsewhere?

Yes I saw it a few days ago, posted earlier in thread 

• Thank you (+1) 1

I expected the 49ers to morph into a offensive team after the injuries to Bosa, Ford and Thomas. 

COVID and further injuries slowed that process. 

But this team has Aiyuk, Samuel and Mostert, and Mullens is not a cardboard cut out like our backup Matt Barkley. 

Without John Brown, the Bills passing game loses it's top gear, so I expect a difficult game. 

Stefon Diggs is going to have to get deeper than 10 yards. 

The path seems to be going after Nick Mullens and throwing away from Sherman. 

Edited by Straight Hucklebuck

5 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

I expected the 49ers to morph into a offensive team after the injuries to Bosa, Ford and Thomas. 

But this team has Aiyuk, Samuel and Mostert, and Mullins is not a cardboard cut out like our backup Matt Barkley. 

Without John Brown, the Bills passing game loses it's top gear, so I expect a difficult game. 

The path seems to be going after Nick Mullins and throwing away from Sherman. 

Let me tell you how worried I am about Sherman.....Im not 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

But this team has Aiyuk, Samuel and Mostert, and Mullens is not a cardboard cut out like our backup Matt Barkley. 

Throwing these 3-6  yard passes to Diggs makes me lose it sometimes 

this guy is the best route runner in the league. Let him get downfield. Our pass game has struggled a bit since week 4 minus Seattle game where we faced the worst secondary in the league 

Edited by Penfield45

14 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

this guy is the best route runner in the league. Let him get downfield. Our pass game has struggled a bit since week 4 minus Seattle game where we faced the worst secondary in the league 

With Brown out it makes it that way sometimes. Also it appears they are trying to get the running game going. I'm not worried about the passing game at all really. I think they will be ok, with Brown out teams are going to focus on Diggs a lot more, but Beasley will still light it up.

Edited by Patrick_Duffy

9 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

With Brown out it makes it that way sometimes. Also it appears they are trying to get the running game going. I'm not worried about the passing game at all really. I think they will be ok, with Brown out teams are going to focus on Diggs a lot more, but Beasley will still light it up.

I like that they don't need to be one dimensional to win. They can morph into anything on any given week.

• Like (+1) 1

I keep patiently waiting for that one deep go route to Diggs.  Seems like they are saving the attempt for some time in the future.  I guess the one they threw to open the Chargers game counts.  Let me revise.  I keep patiently waiting for that one deep completion on a go route to Diggs that results in a TD.

49 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

One of the biggest plays of the game last week was a "successful" bomb to Diggs.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

At 6ft 2 Gabriel Davis adds size and larger catching radius for Josh Allens high velocity lower arc throws IMO.

I'm expecting the rookie to start shining big... 

• Thank you (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, wjag said:

I keep patiently waiting for that one deep go route to Diggs.  Seems like they are saving the attempt for some time in the future.  I guess the one they threw to open the Chargers game counts.  Let me revise.  I keep patiently waiting for that one deep completion on a go route to Diggs that results in a TD.

That one to Diggs last week really wasnt drawn up though.  It looks to be a cover 3 beater and they got quarters coverage.  Josh just saw the match up and wanted to throw the deep match up of Diggs versus Safety versus check down to Singeltary.  The deep go routes are great against man coverage which noone wants to play on us anymore.  When they do we tend to run the mesh concepts rather than the go.  I think the exception is the Gabe Davis go route from the Chargers game on teh free play.

7 minutes ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

Is it Saturday or Sunday he could be activated? Ekelar was like a day before and played I think. 

Saturday by 4pm, is the latest he can be activated so he can play this week. 

But he could be activated sooner, just not likely as they will prob want to see how he holds over next couple days of practice

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, wjag said:

Bills have punted the least amount in this NFL season according to Josh Allen from Daboll.  Not that is a stat I like.

Same here, especially with such an inconsistent punter like ours.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

Feels like that's the smallest that list has been all year.

Credit to the excellence of the training/medical staff and Pegs investment in the facilities.  The teams discipline too; look at Baltimore's Covid gutted roster, and we're damn close to a full bill of health entering the post season.

• Like (+1) 2

49ers head coach Kyle Shanahan said this week that it’s unlikely that quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo and star tight end George Kittle will suit up this week. Shanahan laid a timetable of a few games from now in terms of when it’s possible that the pair could return to the lineup.

https://sports.yahoo.com/sounds-bills-won-t-see-143051393.html

• Like (+1) 2

20 hours ago, Playoffs? said:

Great... looks like we’ll be playing against the refs again

NFL wants the Pitt game to be the game of the year. Doubt they want us w 4 losses.

My take is that a lot of silicon valley disposable bucks are overreacting to a big win versus the Rams. I knew a few of those guys and they loved to gamble and throw around money. They can move the line all they want, the wise guys like us in this one.

Sims and Florio dont like us. Man I usually respect Sims, but I cant see this one any different. Not a lot of insight here, save that we struggle versus the run, and that the 49ers are unstoppable w the run ( they rank 16th). 

Note, that those exact faux run pass plays he talks about, the Bills run too, and frankly they've been executing them better, and more consistantly than the Niners.

I see the Bills rolling.

Edited by RichRiderBills
  • Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

NFL wants the Pitt game to be the game of the year. Doubt they want us w 4 losses.

My take is that a lot of silicon valley disposable bucks are overreacting to a big win versus the Rams. I knew a few of those guys and they loved to gamble and throw around money. They can move the line all they want, the wise guys like us in this one.

Sims and Florio dont like us. Man I usually respect Sims, but I cant see this one any different. Not a lot of insight here, save that we struggle versus the run, and that the 49ers are unstoppable w the run ( they rank 16th). 

Note, that those exact faux run pass plays he talks about, the Bills run too, and frankly they've been executing them better, and more consistantly than the Niners.

I see the Bills rolling.

i was surprised by this breakdown. Simms is usually a big bills guy. From listening to these 2 today you could hardly guess theres another team other than San Fran playing in this game. Let alone one thats 8-3.

• Like (+1) 1

Simms has sorta been off with us this year. I think he didn’t think we would cover the spread against the jets. Picked rams and pats to beat us too I think (dolphins too?). Obviously most the experts thought the hawks would beat us. On the flip I think he thought we would beat the titans (I know he said we would beat the cards). So he’s just been bad at predicting for us. 

54 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

I see the Bills rolling.

Isn’t it crazy that in today’s NFL for the entire two minute preview, they only talked about running the ball...

39 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

i was surprised by this breakdown. Simms is usually a big bills guy. From listening to these 2 today you could hardly guess theres another team other than San Fran playing in this game. Let alone one thats 8-3.

Simms is on the Josh Allen train. I’m surprised he didn’t bring up the obvious X factor here 

• Like (+1) 1