Gameday Thread PreGame Week 8 Bills vs Patriots

Chandler#81

38 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

I don't trust the McDermott regime yet. Need to see them put down inferior competition like they are supposed to, they never do that with his coaching.

Oh - so over the last 3 years with multiple playoff appearances they have not been winning the games they are supposed to win.  

WTF are you on about.

This coaching staff has been exactly about that.  They win the games they are favored and struggle in games they are underdogs and no amount of your BS changes that.

Just because you are a lying troll - does not mean others should have to listen to the BS.  Can’t wait for them to just slam you out for repeated trolling.

• Like (+1) 3

Lots of BBFS going on here,

No more sorrowful Jones, woe is me cr-p!  We are looking at the end of the pats playoff run here, and the Buffalo Bills taking the AFCE !  What’s not to like, brave up folks, 

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Don Otreply said:

Lots of BBFS going on here,

No more sorrowful Jones, woe is me cr-p!  We are looking at the end of the pats playoff run here, and the Buffalo Bills taking the AFCE !  What’s not to like, brave up folks, 

Go Bills!!!

Agreed.. we are the better team, and it’s not particularly close. 

However, we don’t have a retractable roof stadium and I’m going to need to see us look functional in weather before I let myself get too hype.   

Hopefully today is the day we conquer both demons... Home field weather disadvantage and the Patriots. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

However, we don’t have a retractable roof stadium and I’m going to need to see us look functional in weather before I let myself get too hype.   

Hopefully today is the day we conquer both demons... Home field weather disadvantage and the Patriots. 

One positive with the weather (at least with the rain and wet field) is that we had a tough weather game against KC very recently so hopefully that is some good practice for our guys.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

I remember not that long ago when we Bills fans looked forward to nasty weather at home, as we were able to score seemingly at will no matter the elements while the opposition crumbled...let’s get back to that today!

• Like (+1) 4

3 hours ago, Gene1973 said:

Welp, woke up this morning and instead of feeling good about this game, feel like it will be the most Billsy McBillsface loss we have witnessed in quite some time...

Well, since last years windy/rainy Eagles game when Philly came to town reeling, yes. 

We have More talent all over the field.. the weather may negate some of this depending on our game plan. Pats I’m sure will try to eat up clock and beat us to death with the run.. we need to hold up strong get off the field, give our offense plenty of opportunites.

I hope we clean up the issues that turn into magnified mistakes.. the self inflicted mistakes, penalties, play calls that move us backward. If we keep this in check we should win this.

Edited by loveorhatembillsfan4life
  • Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Gene1973 said:

Welp, woke up this morning and instead of feeling good about this game, feel like it will be the most Billsy McBillsface loss we have witnessed in quite some time...

That’s the spirit—stay negative enough in advance and we won’t tempt fate! 🤔

1 hour ago, RochesterLifer said:

There is nothing, absolutely nothing, to suggest that the Patriots are a quality football team this year, capable of giving the Bills a game.

- The past two weeks have been an embarrassment in New England, losing at home to the mediocre (at best) Broncos and getting curb-stomped by the 49ers.

- Their defense was depleted from free agency even before COVID opt outs.

- Their QB is a desperate roll of the dice.

- Their current injury list has taken their elite performers out of play.

I understand, and respect, the Patriots mystique as their dynasty was truly historic. But, it is over and they are now far closer to the Jets than KC.

Today's game is for wings, beers, laughs and cheers. The Patsies ain't no thing. 

All very true... The Bills should dominate this years Patriots team and pound them into sand!

Except, this is a DIVISION game and anything can happen in one of those. The Raiders went into KC and beat the best team in the league in the SB champions from last season. The Chargers also went into KC and gave them everything they could handle winning 23-20. This, with a rookie QB starting in his very first game and looking like anything but a rookie. 22 of 33 for 311 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT. That game was tied at the end and the Chiefs needed OT to win. 

The Bills need to take this 2-4 Patriots team seriously and not look past them to the 5-1 Seahawks next week. The Buffalo Bills need this game like a dying man in the desert needs water. The Bills schedule is brutal with Seattle, Arizona, BYE, Chargers, 49ers, Steelers in a very tough 5 game upcoming stretch. 

Not only that, this game is redemption for two decades of domination by the New England Patriots over the Buffalo Bills. The Bills really, really need to turn that page.

GO BILLS!

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

The only thing better than a slaughter today of the Pattsies say, 35-12, is even better slaughter of them in NE On 12/28.  That will be a belated Xmas present.  I know a win is a win, but how fun would two routings be and then just sit back and listen to the fun on NFLN and ESPN all week.

Give them no quarter, run up the score!  Remember all the the times they ran up the score on the Bills.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Rick 'r Mortis said:

I hate to look at previous games as a barometer for what could/should happen...but look at what da Bills did or didn't do against a much worse division opponent in the Jets.

These are the games that this team should win, but the type of game that I wouldn't be surprised if they lost.

Glass half full / half empty game.

Bills offense didn't punt the entire game. Drove beyond the Jets 30 yard line 9 times I believe?

Bills defense only allowed 4 total yards in the second half.

But bottom line we've been the Patriots punching bag for two decades. Until we actually sweep them in a season no Bills fan should feel comfortable when we play them. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Talk to me when you hit your 40’s and tell me how fast 20 years go by ;)

even faster in your 50's. being one year shy of 60, this last year before hitting decade 6, will go in the blink of an eye.

it's why it is best to enjoy a day like today. the way this world is today, the way time goes so fast, it's best to live in the moment. and that moment, is kicking the snot out of a team, most, if not all bills fans, despise.

GO BILLS!!!

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This game is different for me..

For the odds mwakers only giving us 3-4 points

For the Bradey Gronk hell we went through

For Deflategate, spygate and every other gate

To destroy the cheaters and late hitters when the game was on the line

For all the years in the past 2 decades of not even being close to division winners..

I say its time folks

Not to just beat them but to crush them

Not just for us and our fans smile but for there fans to sob.

For every other team in the east fans that are telling us.. man just finish them off!!

Its time baby. greatness is around us. 

today is game day

LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. BUFFALOOOOOOOOOOO

8 minutes ago, A Firm Tree Does Not Fear said:

even faster in your 50's. being one year shy of 60, this last year before hitting decade 6, will go in the blink of an eye.

it's why it is best to enjoy a day like today. the way this world is today, the way time goes so fast, it's best to live in the moment. and that moment, is kicking the snot out of a team, most, if not all bills fans, despise.

GO BILLS!!!

Not meaning to harsh your buzz, but when you turn 60 you have finished your sixth decade and are entering your seventh. 

But it's good to be alive on this beautiful day, looking forward to seeing the Pats lose. 

Edited by Dr. K
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Dr. K said:

Not meaning to harsh your buzz, but when you turn 60 you have finished your sixth decade and are entering your seventh. 

But it's good to be alive on this beautiful day, looking forward to seeing the Pats lose. 

see there, it sure is a ______ getting old.

thanks for that clarification, I feel even older now 😕

GO BILLS!!!

• Haha (+1) 1

http://sports.yahoo.com/m/3cc4989a-aa48-3cde-be4b-968c2bb3a0a2/josh-allen%2C-bills-determined.html

Josh Allen, Bills determined to end drought against rival Patriots

ESPN 1 p.m. ET | CBS Matchup rating: 53.9 | Spread: BUF -3.5 (42.5) What to watch for: In three career games against the Patriots, Buffalo quarterback Josh Allen has completed just 48.4% of his passes, averaging just 192.6 passing yards per game with three touchdowns and five interceptions. 

4 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

a wall of wind and rain just hammered our house. If that is what is in store for OP, no one is throwing the ball downfield.

8 mils for the stadium it's really not that bad...   9mph wind guesting to 22  we've play lots of games in this weather ...   

Prediction Time:

McDermott goes straight cover 0 on early downs, bringing pressures from different players (Taron Johnson, Jordan Poyer, etc.) selling out to stop the run. I imagine they will drop into a two shelled look (cover 4 likely) on longer 2nd and 3rd downs relying on the front 4 to contain Newton from running. I think he will challenge Cam to beat them early, and then force him to try and make plays that aren't there if they get behind the sticks.

I said earlier in the week, and I'll say it again. It is IMPERATIVE that the Bill's special teams is on the ball, and ready for games. It seems like they are due some trickery within the punt game or elsewhere. 

Offensively, I think BB tries to take away Diggs and again force the Bills to drive the field, and take the underneath throws. I'd love to see Allen on the move today, with sprint roll outs, play actions, etc. and try to hit some bigger throwbacks across the zone underneath clear-outs. KC does it well, the Rams do it, I think it is well within Dabol and Allen's realm. I hope to see it!

2 minutes ago, NickelCity said:

I don't think we match up well with their offense. Power running and bad weather could make for a long day. 

Make me eat my words, Buffalo.

Agree. Our run defense worries me in this one. They may eat up a lot of clock. Once again our offense will have to be the difference and weather could be big factor.