Dak Prescott ankle injury

YoloinOhio

25 minutes ago, clayboy54 said:

The biggest question is how badly his muscle, tendon and soft tissue Injuries are. In many cases, this type of dislocation causes major damage to the muscles and tendons. My wife suffered a very similar injury in a car accident. While the fracture healed perfectly thanks to some screws and misc hardware, she is in chronic discomfort from the tendon damage. I’m sure sports medicine has come a long way from the time of her accident, it is still a big concern for Dak’s future.

i wish him the very best!

Your wife didn't have an unlimited budget and the best medical people in sports doing therapy on a daily basis for hours either.

• Like (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, Augie said:

As Yolo pointed out and I mentioned elsewhere, I’m pretty confident about his physical recovery. I’m more concerned about his ability to deal with mental health, which he has mentioned as an issue in the past. Proud of him for being willing to talk about it, as it may help others. I hope he gets all the support he needs to handle both the physical and mental challenges ahead. 

I’m a bigger fan of his than I was yesterday. Praying for a full recovery! 

The long rehab is a grueling, isolating process. I remember hearing Harrison Phillips talk about it and it was sobering. Takes some serious mental strength. I hope he has close confidants and support system. 

• Like (+1) 2

59 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Assuming he's back on the field and fully mobile next summer, someone's gonna pay him if Dallas doesn't (but I still think they will).

No way he is back next summer if he broke Fibula and Tibia, which looks to be the case. 

38 minutes ago, clayboy54 said:

The biggest question is how badly his muscle, tendon and soft tissue Injuries are. In many cases, this type of dislocation causes major damage to the muscles and tendons. My wife suffered a very similar injury in a car accident. While the fracture healed perfectly thanks to some screws and misc hardware, she is in chronic discomfort from the tendon damage. I’m sure sports medicine has come a long way from the time of her accident, it is still a big concern for Dak’s future.

i wish him the very best!

That is not a dislocation. It is a broken leg. Both bones are broken and it is very serious. Long road back for Dak. 

Those kind of pictures my my balls lift, man that’s some nasty stuff right there, it’s gonna suck when the “I don’t care” drugs wear off. Prayers for you Dak...

Didn't Dak pass on 30+ Million a season?

This injury might help with the Bills negotiation with Allen at the end of the season. If I were the Bills I would offer 250M for 10 years with 100M Guaranteed.  It would make him super rich and offer security. Dak gambled and lost big time. Allen might sign that deal now and save the Bills around 15M a year. 

27 minutes ago, thronethinker said:

No way he is back next summer if he broke Fibula and Tibia, which looks to be the case. 

That is not a dislocation. It is a broken leg. Both bones are broken and it is very serious. Long road back for Dak. 

Blazer's center Jusuf Nurkic had a compound fracture of his fibula/tibia in the Spring of 2019. He was back for the playoffs in the Summer of 2020.

50 minutes ago, thronethinker said:

It is a compound fracture with dislocation.

What an ugly, crushing injury to a great kid and a fine QB. My thoughts and prayers are with him for a complete recovery. The thought of JA running scares all Bill's fans. Wilson and Rogers seem to know just when to slide. Josh has more of a running back mentality. Hopefully he realizes his long term value and cuts his running down. 

My wife broke her ankle in March.  A much simpler break than Dak had.  She is back to walking but apparently it takes a year before you get fully back to normal.  I hope he has a full and successful recovery, but this will be very hard to come back completely from.

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yes I believe so 

New England 

Will NE pay $40M a year ?

2 hours ago, Uncle Joe said:

Blazer's center Jusuf Nurkic had a compound fracture of his fibula/tibia in the Spring of 2019. He was back for the playoffs in the Summer of 2020.

Didn't Losman break the Tibula in training camp

1 hour ago, ganesh said:

Losman's NFL career got off to a shaky start during his first training camp when teammate Troy Vincent ran into Losman and broke his leg in a freak accident. Losman suffered a broken left fibula, which delayed his development as a rookie.

He was wearing a red no contact jersey at the time.

8 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

He was wearing a red no contact jersey at the time.

At the 2018 NFL Draft, I was sitting by the stage. Vincent came out and I looked at him and said, “JP, never forget”. He laughed and said something that I won’t mention. clear the vets didn’t like or believe in him. 

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

If it is a single clean break there is a chance he could be healthy by the time the 2021 season begins. Question is who is willing to sign him to a contract when they don't know how it affects him long term? 

If the media is accurate in describing it as a compound fracture then that means it broke the skin and is not a clean break.  That complicates the healing process quite a bit.

Sometimes the media gets confused and perhaps they meant he broke both bones - the tibia and fibula.

1 hour ago, ganesh said:

There is no tibula - it is the tibia(shin bone) and fibula (non-weight bearing)

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Process said:

Can the cowboys franchise him again? Are you still allowed to franchise a player two years in a row?

Yes but the cost goes up..... and they haven't got buckets of cap space to play with..... the advantage to a long term deal is to be able to push money into the later years.

2 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

If the media is accurate in describing it as a compound fracture then that means it broke the skin and is not a clean break.  That complicates the healing process quite a bit.

Sometimes the media gets confused and perhaps they meant he broke both bones - the tibia and fibula.

Indeed, it is a compound fracture and that does lengthen the time. But in terms of long term recovery the best case give that is that the break is a single break and not a multiple fracture. If it is a single break, even with a compound fracture you are looking at 8-10 months and it shouldn't cause too many longer term issues to the integrity of the ankle. If there were multiple fractures in the ankle then it can be somewhat more problematic long term.

10 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

Tom Brady. Jarvis Landry. 

I would agree on Landry.  Brady uh uh.  I can't hate on a guy cuz he is good and competitive.  Now Gronk?  I could hate on him with the metal elbow strike to the head of Tre.....yeah him I could hate on.

10 hours ago, H2o said:

The crazy thing if you saw the injury happen? When he rolls over, and sees his leg laying in the wrong direction, he slammed it on the ground like he was just going to straighten it back out. 

AND he grabbed his calf like he was going to massage that thing out......CRAZY!

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Kwai San said:

I would agree on Landry.  Brady uh uh.  I can't hate on a guy cuz he is good and competitive.  Now Gronk?  I could hate on him with the metal elbow strike to the head of Tre.....yeah him I could hate on.

I’ve always disliked Brady of course cause he owned us so many years, but it’s the way he screams at people and throws temper tantrums. Shoot even the other night he was basically like an angry mom in Walmart screaming at her children and about to spank them when his line made some dumb plays. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Kwai San said:

Gotta say I agree with you on Landry and Gronk, in that I hate them for what they did to our players.  Still don't think I'd wish a vicious, career-threatening injury on them, but I doubt I'd lose two seconds of sleep if it did happen.  

I'm comfortable being honest here and saying watching Dak's injury last night made me sick to my stomach a lil bit...🤢

11 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

Well, now the contract debate will 100% be the #1 offseason topic as everyone disputes his worth. 
Does anyone else think it’s possible Dalton steps in and leads them to a first round exit of the playoffs? 
Pound Elliot, short pass game, control the clock, keep that pass rush fresh. Silly to say maybe but they may be better with Dak out. I think they’ve lost track of what was really successful for them. 

Think the Chargers would part with Tyrod? 😁

10 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

‘Wash out the wound’, sounds like this is going to be a process. Feel bad for Dak, seems like a great guy. Hope he has a full recovery.

If Dalton plays well, I wouldn't necessarily bet they give Dak the huge contract.  We shall see.   

That was an ugly injury. Hopefully Dak can make a full recovery as you never want to see anyone get hurt. Signing Dalton turned out to be a good move for Dallas. A vet QB with a ton of starter experience who can play well. They will win that **** division besides the offense runs thru Zeke anyway.

6 hours ago, Jamie Nails said:

At the 2018 NFL Draft, I was sitting by the stage. Vincent came out and I looked at him and said, “JP, never forget”. He laughed and said something that I won’t mention. clear the vets didn’t like or believe in him. 

I don’t care how much the vets didn’t like JP though. It kind of makes Vincent look like a jerk, especially considering he still thinks it’s funny after all these years. He was head of NFLPA, isn’t that correct ? No wonder why that team never got anywhere with that type of character. 

Edited by SirAndrew