Oh My ... Josh Allen did that

Bakin

1 minute ago, Captain_Quint said:

The announcer tried to praise Van Noy for a minute saying that most people would have missed him. When really, he got trucked by a QB and didnt tackle him.

Allen's arm is soooo strong he stiff armed and power bombed Van Noy through the earth with it, looked like he could've thrown him over them mountains:worthy::wub:

• Haha (+1) 5

In fairness, the league protects the quarterback from typically getting killed in those situations.  

Our guy just so happens to be bats%^£ crazy and likes to fight people.  

Also, be careful as there’s a few on here that like to call out that he would have potentially fumbles.  Who can tell since the whistle blew and our guy recovered it anyways. Some people just want to be negative 

• Like (+1) 9

1 minute ago, billsherd said:

Can't see the comments, any interesting once?

Cliff Avril "Hell never live that down... QB running you over is a sin 😂😂😂"

Eric Ebron "@realkylevannoy u good fam ? lol"

Dez Bryant "And y’all try to say Lamar Jackson was a running back 😂 😂....

Akiem Hicks "Noooooooooooooooooooooo😂

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, JOE IN HAMPTON ROADS said:

he dropped the ball in disgust

In his postgame presser, Allen said “I know the whistle blew but I’ve got to hang on to the ball”

He sounded as though he considered it a fumble that was “saved by the whistle”, not a deliberate act of disgust

43 minutes ago, VW82 said:

This was my favorite Josh play of the day. He was so close to getting the first despite ridiculous odds. If we make it into playoffs and need a big first down is there anyone here who thinks Josh isn't getting it? 

What I think is that he better work double-time on hanging on to the football if he’s going to keep that stuff up

58 minutes ago, Crayola64 said:

Van OH NOy

“You good, Fam?”

3 hours ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

Total beast mode play. But sort of glad they blew it dead— he did fumble at the very end. 

He stopped playing though, hearing the whistle. At least that's what it seemed like, because there was no attempt to recover and he was complaining to the officials immediately.

It was a really dumb whistle. Allen was actively moving forward at the time. It was even worse watching a 2nd time.

Edited by MJS
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

Total beast mode play. But sort of glad they blew it dead— he did fumble at the very end. 

My thoughts too...love the beast mode and Allen makes an early effort to 5-point the ball to secure it, then shifts his hold to the arm away from the defenders....all good stuff they are likely drilling into him.

Then inner Hulk-smash Josh comes out and ball-security technique just vaporizes as he shifts it back to the inside arm where all the grabbing and slapping is happening. Its probably just a subconscious thing about preferring his dominant arm, but all that ball movement away from the body makes it easier to fumble it.

There was a definitely an effort today not to expose Allen to the same level of abuse he took against the Jets with those designed QB sweeps. A few scrambles and a QB draw and he did not take a lot of unnecessary hits.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Virgil said:

In fairness, the league protects the quarterback from typically getting killed in those situations.  

Our guy just so happens to be bats%^£ crazy and likes to fight people.  

Also, be careful as there’s a few on here that like to call out that he would have potentially fumbles.  Who can tell since the whistle blew and our guy recovered it anyways. Some people just want to be negative 

For some reason I laughed too hard at that at 3am and kind of hurt myself.

8 hours ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

A Bills player recovered it. Was still short by a couple yards though. 

4 hours ago, ColeB said:

They used to call Kelly a QB in a LBs body.  I think Josh is a QB in a TE’s body.  You could even say large WR with his athleticism and speed.

He’s a whole bunch of positions wrapped up in one. 

9 hours ago, Bakin said:

Sorry if already posted...can’t believe they blew it dead early. 

Another terrible call by the refs- clearly JA was in the act at the point of attack of

moving forward and smashing his guy down, yet they ruled forward progress stopped. 

1 hour ago, HomeTeam said:

I actually liked his the refs blew it dead. Even though Allen is a big qb that can clearly take care of himself, I rather he get protected the way other franchise QBs do. 

Thats not the rule, so the wrong call is to blow the whistle. He is moving forward. Tell me how you like that same call when its 4th and 1 with a playoff game on the line and he is muscling his way for a 1st but the whistle prematurely. This is football.

9 hours ago, Captain_Quint said:

The announcer tried to praise Van Noy for a minute saying that most people would have missed him. When really, he got trucked by a QB and didnt tackle him.

Van Noy still getting that broadcaster Patriots love, even though he doesn't even play there anymore.

While this is fun to see your QB do, I much prefer he does not do this.  It is ok to punt sometimes and keep yourself healthy.  Fighting for yards causes fumbles (which he would have been credited with a fumble if they did not blow this dead) and injuries, its not worth it when you can use your arm to throw for 400