Rd 5, Pick 167: QB Jake Fromm, Georgia

2 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Backup QB was definitely an area of need with Josh Allen's style of play.  Barkley is terrible.

true. but did this pick upgrade our team more than say LB or CB could have?  just surprised. He's a winner. And smart. So, bye bye Webb's package I'm guessing? lol

Just now, Rc2catch said:

Man, you’d think we just threw a 2nd round pick in the trash judging some of these reactions. It’s a 5th round pick for a possible future backup quarterback. It’ll be ok. 

Wrong. This is the end of the Bills organization. :)

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Honestly, I think they have to make Josh work out.  I don't see any good scenarios where Josh doesn't work out and they promote Fromm to starter.  Too early to talk plan 'B' at QB.

I dunno, NFL moves pretty fast these days. You don’t get 5-10 years to develop guys anymore. McBeane might find their job security doesn’t last that long. It’s smart from their POV to try and groom a second guy. 

Edited by VW82

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I do agree here and actually think Fromm can fill that role. I went with gross because I knew that we’d have some people talking about him being better than Josh!! Ha ha, he is a career backup and could fill that role. He lacks physical talent though. 

Floor - Nate Peterman

Ceiling - Chase Daniel?

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

If he had a good combine he would’ve been considered higher by teams looking for a starter. I think the bills see him as a backup. The value fits there if so. 

Nothing wrong with starting your adult life as a 10 year backup in the NFL. It sure makes the next 50+  years easier! 

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Watch them play and don’t read stats. Allen is 2,000,000,000,000,000x better than Fromm. He has a rag arm. If you were a fan of what Peterman brought you’ll love Fromm!!

you owe me a "you were right" as per our bet of 18-14, offense-defense first round.

Edited by WorstTEever81
spelling
  • Like (+1) 1

Bills are checking all the boxes for me.

A 21 year old DE to improve the aging DE rotation, check.

A productive RB to pair with Singletary, check.

A productive WR with some size, without giving up all speed. 

Now a QB from a major program to compete with Barkley. I really like this pick. 

Our depth across the board is improving, with three picks on offense.

The Bills still need a LB.

• Like (+1) 4

9 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Make Trent Edwards look like a Deep Ball Thrower. 

Serious though I wanted a QB in this draft. 

Look, he will have a chance to be a backup but his arm talent is bad. He has a lot of intangibles. He’s decent value in the 5th. If people start screaming for him after Josh struggles for a game I’m going to lose my damn mind. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Barkley's one good game ever has blinded many of us to the need of backup QB. We need to still have a chance of a season if Allen ever goes down. Fromm is a smart distributor of the ball and has a chance to be a good backup. No chance to ever be the starter. Nothing wrong with that. 

• Like (+1) 3