Rd 5, Pick 167: QB Jake Fromm, Georgia

3 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Funny how the "worst QB to ever play" is still in the league, and as much as I loved him, our coach and GM loved him more, because they started him at the risk of their professional careers and financial well being.

You really need to get a new angle, because you're making yourself look foolish after years of not getting it.

He’s actually the lowest rated QB ever. People giving him a job doesn’t change that. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2804566-is-nathan-peterman-the-worst-nfl-quarterback-ever.amp.html

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

Lol, why would anyone trade for a drafted player already on the block. 

Use ur brain one time for me.

Depends how much Beane values an emergency QB vs a late round pick. There was a market for McCarron and Peterman, why wouldn't there be one for a recently draft 5th round pick?

Do you want me to use my brain for you because yours doesn't work?

Just now, Perry Turtle said:

Depends how much Beane values an emergency QB vs a late round pick. There was a market for McCarron and Peterman, why wouldn't there be one for a recently draft 5th round pick?

Do you want me to use my brain for you because yours doesn't work?

Were McCarron and Peterman just drafted?

35 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

That’s an overused stereotype.

How many bad weather games does Buffalo actually play in.

And so far our rifle armed starter doesn’t generate as many deep throws as perceived. 

ok I'll put it this way. he sucks. he's no better than Barkley

19 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

Fromm reminds me of cousins in college.  I'm a dawgs fan and I approve of this move.  He could he a very good backup long term for cheap 

with all the talk of our other picks being dogs, it took till page 18 to mention that we selected an actual Dawg.

you guys r slippin'...

Just now, BullBuchanan said:

Keep ignoring what I said, you're proving my point.

Not ignoring anything. I addressed what Josh has done.

My point is someone that likes Peterman as a QB the way that you do has ZERO credibility in terms of QB analysis. You liked Peterman but question Allen. That’s absurd. It’s an unreasonable position.

In terms of the topic, and Fromm, he’s a backup QB. He could be a good one. Only idiots believe that he is here to compete for the starting job. That’s what my issue is. I have no issue taking a backup QB in the 5th. It is a need. I have an issue (and will have an issue) when people start screaming for Fromm after a bad Allen game. We already have some on here claiming that he will be the QB. Those people have clearly not watched Fromm but have a loud voice. They’ll be posting here and calling WGR, etc... 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Hebert19 said:

This.  And he throws NFL type routes better than anyone not named Burroughs.  Back shoulder, timing passes on outs etc.  He has unreal touch.  Again. Dawgs fan...hes far from perfect but he is going to be an nfl QB for 10 plus years because hes smart l...and works hard. 

Yeah,  he's a good player.  Very smart and accurate,   if somewhat limited by borderline arm strength.  Considering what they're asking of him,  he's a great value in the 5th and good insurance if Allen misses time to injury.  

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, DieHardBillsFan said:

Could have been stolen from Patriots too. Glad he is off the board for that reason as well. And like the accuracy. He could be Brady esk if Pat's got him. 

Was wondering if anyone was going to bring this up.  If some motivation was to screw the Cheaters then A+ grade in my book

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, FireChans said:

Were McCarron and Peterman just drafted?

No, and it probably lowered their market value.  A recently drafted player's market value would be higher.

Beane's trading of those two guys shows he doesn't want to keep 3rd string QBs on the roster if he can trade them.