Bills Sign Mario Addison on a 3 year deal

25 minutes ago, CSBill said:

Agreed, they may still sign a mid-level guy for depth. And, I think they look hard in the draft. Nonetheless, I like the Addison signing and do believe he is a step up from Shaq.

In his prime he was a step up from Shaq. At this stage it is a sideways move talent wise but at least you haveb't had to make the same long term commitment to Addison. 

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

I really, really hope this isn't seen as a pass rush solution or a starter. This is a 7-9 type roster starter, not SB. We need a game-changing DE.

Vikings have been 39-24-1 with him the last four seasons and we have a better roster, so I guess he's more like a 10-6/11-5 type roster starter (if that construct meant anything).

Also they still have an absurd amount of money to spend on FA and still have the ability to sign their own guys.

Edited by thurst44

1 hour ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

I really, really hope this isn't seen as a pass rush solution or a starter. This is a 7-9 type roster starter, not SB. We need a game-changing DE.

So if we use this analogy, then Trent Murphy is a 10-6 type of starter.

The Seahawks had Avril and Bennett in 2013 at defensive end and one of the best defenses in the last 20 years.

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

This was a slam dunk from the beginning.

Guy has more sacks over the last 4 seasons than Ngakoue, comes cheaper, and knows the system.

Great signing.

i am sure that another DE will be drafted. The youngsters are going to have at least 2 maybe 3 vets to learn from in that position room.

Edited by atlbillsfan1975
  • Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Guy has more sacks over the last 4 seasons than Ngakoue, comes cheaper, and knows the system.

Was thinking about this last night, add Norman and Klein to that last point, "knows the system." The D won't skip a beat...

1 hour ago, thebandit27 said:

Do you think he’s a good replacement for Shaq? I think he brings more pass rushing chops. Is he as good against the run? 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, thurst44 said:

Vikings have been 39-24-1 with him the last four seasons and we have a better roster, so I guess he's more like a 10-6/11-5 type roster starter (if that construct meant anything).

Also they still have an absurd amount of money to spend on FA and still have the ability to sign their own guys.

Me thinks you have our new FA’s mixed up. Addison was a Panther last season, Diggs a Viking.

7 hours ago, ExWNYer said:

I believe they'd save more against the cap by keeping him this year and releasing him next year. Something like $8M, I think. I don't have the numbers but one of the junior capologists on the board probably knows for sure.

Would much rather have Taylor. JMO.

Or can Beane just, you know, fire Botterill? ?

Taylor  isn't making it out of the first round. Nor is Swift potentially .  

The next best two RB are Akers and Dobbins  

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, DJB said:

Taylor  isn't making it out of the first round. Nor is Swift potentially .  

The next best two RB are Akers and Dobbins  

True.  But AJ Dillon might be perfect for that change of pace role.  POWERFUL and good speed too.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, purple haze said:

True.  But AJ Dillon might be perfect for that change of pace role.  POWERFUL and good speed too.

Agreed. He's my #6 RB after CEH but to me Dillon is a better fit for what we need here. A big fast and powerful  bulldozer

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, stuvian said:

signings like these are vital now that we are no longer basement dwellers. While we are not one player away I think this signals that we are in win now mode. 

Just have to be healthy and get hot at the right time. Our current roster construction has us on par with Baltimore and Kansas City, just need Allen to take that close to mvp step and we’re the next big thing in the national media and playoff time. 

10 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

I still want a little more from Edge, but Anae in rd 2 perhaps is the move. Reader seems fantastic right now with this line

Anae might be more of a 3rd rounder.. I’ve seen him all over from top of 2 to mid 4. Hard to say.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Nothing. Just as Wawrow said: dotting i’s and crossing t’s. Money will come out when all is in place.

Do they not realize I'm trying to do comp pick math? It's very inconsiderate.

• Haha (+1) 2