Carolina Panthers hire Matt Rhule as HC - 7 year contract

YoloinOhio

2 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

no matter what happens, Rhule has $60 million in the bank. 

That's some nice security! 

Ruhle is out at the club yelling "I got money in the bank, shorty what you drank!"

3 hours ago, Greg S said:

Tepper was an aggressive hedge fund manager known for taking risks who thrived during recessions.  If there was competition between him and the Giants for Rhule he wasn't going to lose and the contract reflects that.  Not having that pressure of being fired lets you build a team the right way in your image too.

10 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Anyone hear the guaranteed amount of the contract?  The Raiders were hush hush about Chuckie’s guarantees.  He got some, but not nearly the whole 10 year deal - which was also rumored to be back loaded somewhat. 

...sure as hell makes Haslam's move in Cleveland intriguing......read where "Rebate Jimmy" is paying out $50+ mil to people he's fired.....wonder if the "Flying J" is low on "fuel"??......

Here's something I didn't know and I bet neither did you: Matt Rhule was a Defensive Line coach at UB from 1999-2000, and he earned a Masters in Educational Psychology form the school in 2003.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...sure as hell makes Haslam's move in Cleveland intriguing......read where "Rebate Jimmy" is paying out $50+ mil to people he's fired.....wonder if the "Flying J" is low on "fuel"??......

I’d bet that McDaniels is the guy and that he gets paid.  Haslam is a crook, but he’s loaded. 

Edited by BarleyNY

10 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Yeah. Never say never - especially when the Browns are involved.  Or when Josh McDaniels is involved. 

...hire me to a five year deal....fire my azz after two and I get THREE YEARS paid vacation.....I'll take it....:thumbsup:............

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Panthers fans would be pissed if you were a Panthers fan.

...so does it mean he'll be here then in two?....just askin'...........

8 hours ago, ArtVandalay said:

I think you are confusing me with someone else. My name is Art Vandalay, I am an architect.

Art Vandelay is a fictional character that George invents when in a job interview, claiming to have worked for him at Vandelay Industries. George first forms Art Vandelay in "The Stake Out"; however, he made the name Art Corvelay, and quickly swaps to Vandelay when he forgets the fake last name.

1 hour ago, Limeaid said:

Art Vandelay is a fictional character that George invents when in a job interview, claiming to have worked for him at Vandelay Industries. George first forms Art Vandelay in "The Stake Out"; however, he made the name Art Corvelay, and quickly swaps to Vandelay when he forgets the fake last name.

WOOSH....

Art Vandalay (e a whatever) is an architect when he invents him. It was a joke... As in I am Art Vandalay, not George. ?

1 minute ago, ArtVandalay said:

WOOSH....

Art Vandalay (e a whatever) is an architect when he invents him. It was a joke... As in I am Art Vandalay, not George. ?

So the creator of Seinfeld created you as a joke.  Must of have been in latter seasons when humor level went down.

I wonder if the Panthers will be looking to rebuild this thing. If so, I feel like we are 1 or 2 key guys away that could really gives us that edge to Finnish teams off. Wonder if they’d listen to reasonable offers for Kuechly. Slide Edmunds to WLB, where I feel he should have been from the start. Let Luke take over that leadership role that The LorAx had. I know at first it sounds a little silly but I think it really might be a very good idea. Maybe throw them Milano to help their rebuild 

This introductory press conference is wild. They have a DJ playing music. They out together a hype video for Rhule. The owner walks up to the podium to his own hand picked music track. And that’s as far as I got so far... still like 30 mins to go. lol 

edit - so I’m about half way through watching this. I’m curious what other people think of Rhule’s opening speech? 

Am I the only one that thinks he sounds like a preacher, or a politician or something? 

I like what I’ve read about him though. Interesting hire for sure. Tepper is gushing over this guy.

edit again - thought he did better during the Q&A. 

Edited by BillsFan4

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

“Is this thing on??”

Cause it’s gonna be...

I posted this link in the other Rhule thread and made a similar comment. So it wasn’t just me then, this guy definitely sounds like a preacher.

Watch his entire opening speech. Watch the first 15mins of the press conference. It’s wild. They have a DJ, emcee, the owner walks up to the podium to a song he picked himself. They play a Matt Rhule hype video. Then Rhule gives his sermon..

I can see where this guy’s message might wear out eventually. I’ve watched a number of superset interviews where he repeated the same exact lines in every interview, word for word. 

Edited by BillsFan4
  • Like (+1) 1