Week 16: Bills at Patriots***(*), 4:30 pm on NFLN, Postgame

23 minutes ago, TwistofFate said:

A couple?  What game were you watching? 

How anyone could defend allen is beyond me.   

I challenge anyone to find one analyst, one sports commenter to say Allen wasnt the problem this week. 

It WONT HAPPEN.  We were picked against this week by everyone BECAUSE OF ALLEN.   Everyone how is anything said Allen wouldn't do enough to win this game, and he didn't. 

Bills D gave up 420 yds., allowed 7 of 14 3rd down conversions, and the Pats had the ball for 39 minutes. The offensive line was awful and Allen was not great but they are not the only reason for the loss. The defense and the coaches share equal blame as well. 

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, Pokebball said:

Oh, I was sure you saw it somewhere.  I just wanted to show you that I didn't pull it out of my arse

Watched the Bengals game.  They went after Brady and made him miserable.  Aggressive.  Frazier should have used that template to harass Brady

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, TwistofFate said:

Prove me wrong. 

Jesus H. Give it a break. You’re boring the hell out of us. We didn’t play well enough to win and therefore lost. Period. 

You’re not the reason fans of the team come here to talk Bills football, though you wouldn’t know it by your exhausting trades. Please shut down your phone and go have a drink.

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Just now, Chandler#81 said:

Jesus H. Give it a break. You’re boring the hell out of us. We didn’t play well enough to win and therefore lost. Period. 

You’re not the reason fans of the team come here to talk Bills football, though you wouldn’t know it by your exhausting trades. Please shut down your phone and go have a drink.

I'll buy

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

The defensive game plan is a mystery. Started out not doubling Edelman while he ate Johnsons lunch.

That was, without a doubt, the dumbest strategy Frazier has employed this season.  

2 minutes ago, x-BillzeBubba said:

You could tell he was selling it.

1 hour ago, Buffbills716 said:

For those of you who think JA is the second coming of Christ, let me remind you that barring three nice throws, JA did nothing.  That's right.  Nothing.  Daboll do not help matters, but it was on him.  Let the PR people tee off on me.  Let me save you some time: "oh, but Allen is still young". oh, but he is still finding his rhythm,  "Billy Buffalo doesn't like him."  Okay guys, let me have it.

Patriots 38:52

Bills 21:08

The whole idea of the Bills this year is that we're supposed to be an elite D and an O that's a work in progress.

When you have an O that's a work in progress, if they don't sustain a drive, the D needs to be able to give them the ball back

There were no turnovers on offense, no fumbles, no INTs, no miscues. 

We don't have an offense that can win a shootout, that hasn't been the case all year.

But we have had a defense that can get the stop, and give the ball back to the offense to give them another shot doing something

Until today.

You can't do anything with the ball, if you don't have the ball, and that's a fact Jack

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

Most disappointing to me is  that we got beat physically. 

Less than 100 yds rushing and Allen got almost half of them.  We got punched in the nose all afternoon in the trenches.  Somebody above said we went to the run because Daboll couldn't rely on Josh passing the ball.  LOL  We got beat physically, very, very badly.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

Brady's QBR today was 90, his highest since week one.  His QBR in his prior five games was 32, 38, 29, 39 and 36.  That's on our defense.

Could Josh had been better, of course.

Josh didn't have time to go to his 3rd read, much less his 4th

Brady played better. I don’t care about his QBR last week or at any time. In this game he didn’t miss open throws.  He didn’t take sacks.  

Our defense was disappointing and Josh missed a few that would have made a difference.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, par73 said:

Those two series in the 4th quarter after getting the lead were awful. Looked like they were trying to run the clock with a four point lead and plenty of time left.

This is text book McD and we all knew it was coming.  I guess it's worked more than it has failed us.  A 7pt lead wasn't enough today.  The performance of our D up to this point made that pretty clear, didn't it?

8 minutes ago, Nitro said:

That was, without a doubt, the dumbest strategy Frazier has employed this season.  

You could tell he was selling it.

I couldn't believe how Warner was defending him. It was obviously a pick and obviously a sell. Typical Edelman.

1 minute ago, OZBILLS said:

I'm devastated. Taking this bad and now I'm getting trolled by family and friends.

I'm letting it bleed into my life. I just got mad at two guys at the store and told them to take a damn shower because their BO was affecting the whole store.

• Haha (+1) 2

Just now, Bob in STL said:

Brady played better. I don’t care about his QBR last week or at any time. In this game he didn’t miss open throws.  He didn’t take sacks.  

Our defense was disappointing and Josh missed a few that would have made a difference.  

Brady is Brady and he's deadly heading into the playoffs.  Brady is better getting rid of the ball when pressured.  But I would counter that his O line is mostly the reason for his better play.  He had significantly more time than Allen.  Allen seemed to be constantly under pressure.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Iron Maiden said:

Brady came in to replace an injured Bledsoe in his 2nd year...started the rest of the season...and won the SB....

And the cheating began with the tuck rule if I remember correctly. He had a more rounded team and a better collegiate coach too....

7 minutes ago, OZBILLS said:

I'm devastated. Taking this bad and now I'm getting trolled by family and friends.

Tell them to ***** off, then use the money you would have spent on Christmas for them to buy a bottle of jack and a josh Allen jersey. drink the jack, wake up till the playoffs, and get ready for playoff josh.... we think 4th quarter josh is good, we don’t even know playoff josh yet!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

Less than 100 yds rushing and Allen got almost half of them.  We got punched in the nose all afternoon in the trenches.  Somebody above said we went to the run because Daboll couldn't rely on Josh passing the ball.  LOL  We got beat physically, very, very badly.

Yeah I just don’t get at. We have mean nasty young players who should be hungry. We sit back and let Brady make plays all day. Every game I have watched the pats the last few weeks he has sucked with pressure in his face. How long did it take to double Edelman. Why are we not taking him out of the game from first snap. 

The team will go where the defense takes its. Tonight the defense was subpar. With that said, the offense certainly didn't help matters at all, which amps up the pressure on the D and gave the Pats more offensive snaps than they should have had. Very frustrating loss, and I don't want to hear about next year because there are no certainties in the NFL and you have to take what you can when you can. Neither Texas nor KC will be easy to beat at home, and another one and done playoffs, while certainly better than no playoffs, will be disappointing.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

And the cheating began with the tuck rule if I remember correctly. He had a more rounded team and a better collegiate coach too....

I just think it's unfair to JA to compare him to Brady.....no QB looks good doing that....I like Josh, and I think he can lead the Bills to the promise land...but he's no Tom freaking Brady....no one is....

Edited by Iron Maiden
  • Like (+1) 1

Don't really know what to say after that game. I'm confused. Bit raw. 

Josh Allen was the clear problem earlier, then as the game went on it didn't seem that way as much.

Almost like he's the problem, then he's our only hope - know what I mean?? 

Although the throw to knox at the end was another sign of just overthrowing. 

2/11 on 3rd down. 

400 yards on defence. 

Mcdermott punting on 4th and 1.

Josh Allen rubbish early on. 

Running on every first down. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, london_bills said:

Don't really know what to say after that game. I'm confused. Bit raw. 

Josh Allen was the clear problem earlier, then as the game went on it didn't seem that way as much.

Almost like he's the problem, then he's our only hope - know what I mean?? 

Although the throw to knox at the end was another sign of just overthrowing. 

2/11 on 3rd down. 

400 yards on defence. 

Mcdermott punting on 4th and 1.

Josh Allen rubbish early on. 

Running on every first down. 

I don't want this to sound like any sort of moral victory kinda of crap, but the Bills are undoubtedly getting better.  I'm impressed withe off season additions to the offense.  I'm impressed with the progress Allen has made.   Last year this team went 23-3 and 37-16 vs the Pats.  This year we had the ball driving for the winning/tying score to end both games.  Success breads success and the success we've had this year has made all of us impatient.  It has me anyways.

Edited by Pokebball

I think the LBs both had a bad game. They looked unsure what to do or where to be on pass and run plays; McDaniels kept them guessing. That kept the line free on runs and middle open on passes. 

We win that game if Edelman doesn’t come back in. He does and is not accounted for again and rips us. It was a sin not to have a game plan to take away their best weapon. No excuse for that.

The O was mostly bad, too much to dislike at many points. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, billsherd said:

I think we played a bit vanilla, bend but don't break kinda  of defense today. 

Exactly. It’s what we mostly did the first game  against NE too. The key difference was in game 1, the Bills were better stopping the run, and were able to make more third down stops. 

tough to play bend don’t break when you give up 5-6 yards on the ground on many 1st downs. 

You can criticize our playcalling. You can criticize the refs. You can say there are no moral victories. 

What you cannot deny is that we belong on the field with the best teams in our conference. You cannot  deny that Josh Allen gets better with each successive week.

You cannot deny that Coach Clappy has expunged the ghosts of the Decade of Fail. You cannot deny that the front office of Pegula/Beane/McDermott is one for the ages .

We are nascent and Patriots are in decline. I don't deny that Belicheat called a great game but no one can deny that we are on the way up and they are getting older . 

We are going to get a second chance at either the Pats or Ravens. Who wants to play us now?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1