Thanksgiving: Bills at Dallas, 4:30 ET on CBS Pregame Thread

7 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

This is going to be a tough one for me. I just had to put my dog of 10 years down last night. My buddy always watches the game with me and barks and cheers right along with me. 

go Bills! Get this victory. 

so tough man, I’m sorry. Let’s get a Bills W in his honor! 

Coffee

walk dogs

watch parade

12:30 game

eat at 3:00

Bills dominate at 4:30

a little different than usual but it will work! 

Edited by EmotionallyUnstable
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Happy Thanksgiving to my Yankee brethren here! We ourselves, will be gobbling the bird at Half Time of the most important game this late in the Season, in 23 years! That’s the last time the Bills were 8-3. ???????

In any case, the funny text to this one, are the HCs. We know the good guys have McClappy. He is still revising the ‘process’ to make the Playoffs and create a very good team. Career Record is 23-20, 0-1 in the Playoffs.

Buuuuuut, on the other side is the notorious Clapper, originated by Michael Lombardi, he of ‘Gridiron Genius.’ & weekly podcast & Atlantic fame. The Eunuch Garrett is 83-64, 2-3 in the Playoffs. And apparently, Jerry Jones just caught up to Lombardi...

“Two years ago, I nicknamed Garrett “The Clapper” because it was apparent to me that all he does is clap. His impact on the team is non-existent; in a sense, he does not impact the offense, defense, or the kicking game. The television cameras are always showing him, yet he never looks at the Microsoft Surface to examine what happened in the game; we never really see him looking at the play clips, huddling with the players during a break in the action, or scanning a call sheet, and we never even really see him needing to cover his mouth because he rarely speaks. The television people don’t have to look for him as he is always in the same spot. Also, I don’t think I’ve ever heard any player say, “Garrett made me better, he showed me how to play the game.” Nor do I notice any variances in his schemes from game to game, which would demonstrate Garrett’s involvement.

The Cowboys are the same each week, they rely on talent to win, they rely on players to play well. But they don’t do the little things to help make a player better. A recent example is how they didn’t help wide receiver Amari Cooper get away from Patriots corner Stephon Gilmore on Sunday. Garrett had to know that Belichick’s number one objective each week is to take away his opponent’s number one receiver. He was not going to allow Cooper to have a big day. If receiver Randall Cobb or tight end Jason Witten played well and caused the Patriots to lose, then Belichick would accept the consequences. But if Cooper had a big day and was the reason why the Patriots lost, Belichick would not be able to live with himself. Garrett has to know this! I mean, come on … even if he didn’t read my book Gridiron Genius —  which details how Belichick draws up his game plan every week — Garrett had to know Belichick’s gameplan. It’s common knowledge. So if Garrett knew beforehand, why didn’t he find creative ways to allow Cooper to escape Gilmore? Why didn’t he do something to help his receiver? Do you think the Patriots or 49ers would let the opponent take away the best player without knowing the adjustments beforehand?

And why did quarterback Dak Prescott have to put on a glove in the second quarter because of the steady rain affecting the footballs? Do you think the Cowboys practiced with frozen footballs drenched in water? Of course not … but the Patriots did. The answers to both questions are Garrett never prepares for the situation; he only can react.“ Mike Lombardi

Soooo... the obvious go to, is the Clap Off Drinking game! Feel free to post screenshots, during the game, before you take your real shot! ? So that, everyone doesn’t collapse before half time, wash down that shot with a forkful of the Bird & Stuffing!

GO MCCLAPPY & GO BILLS! 

F7EB2730-0FDF-4575-B03C-AB6A7A35FA82.jpeg

7CDD31E5-DD7F-4055-897B-174300DDCA70.jpeg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

so tough man, I’m sorry. Let’s get a Bills W in his honor! 

Coffee

walk dogs

watch parade

12:30 game

eat at 3:00

Bills dominate at 4:30

a little different than usual but it will work! 

Ive been so excited about the Bills game I forgot we got a warmup first too. 

Happy Thanksgiving to our American friends!!

You know sometimes I get caught up about worrying about all the other team star talent.

why can’t we win this! We have a lot of good talent on this team that they should be worried about. Let’s get a running game going, their d is vulnerable with a couple key injury losses.

20 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

This is going to be a tough one for me. I just had to put my dog of 10 years down last night. My buddy always watches the game with me and barks and cheers right along with me. 

I'm so sorry Scott. He'll always be by your side.

• Thank you (+1) 1

First up, Happy Thanksgiving to all my American friends. I hope you have a great day.

It’s been gameday a while here in the UK and I must admit I woke up a tad early and excited in anticipation of tonight’s professional football contest (a little nod to Coming to America there).

I have the same feeling about this game as I did the Browns. We’re lining up against a more offensively talented team who, should they play to what they’re capable of, beat us. However, we have the D to stop them doing that. 

I think we’ll run the ball A LOT. Maybe even more Gore than Singletary to start with. 

McDermott will be happy to keep this one as close as possible heading to the 4th. I wouldn’t be too concerned heading into the final quarter 3 down. 

Finally, I won my fantasy match up versus my Cowboy supporting mate by 6 last week. Omen. Book it. 

Toodle pip for now.

Edited by BritBill
  • Like (+1) 5

21 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Real sorry to hear that.

That special bond between dog and man extends us and somehow, makes us better.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Take care of business,

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1

My best thanksgiving story, and it was night before Bills last played on TG. 

went out for dinner night before Thanksgiving in DC neighborhood where I lived, wife and I only people in the joint and we are at the bar. In walk Tim Russertand his wife, and they settle in at other end of bar. I want to go up and introduce myself, wife insists I let them be and have their drink in peace. So I make a deal with her , I wore a Niagara University pull over to the place, and I tell her I am going to put it in and if he says something fine, if not I will not disturb in. 

I get the thing halfway over my head and he booms” hey, did you go to Niagara? And away we went. He bought was around and Tim and I talking about Bills and the still nascent DTV dish I had for 20 minutes, wives talking poop on our obsession with Buffalo and the Bills. 

He was the guy you thought it was, at least for those twenty minutes. Just a dude who wanted to talk about the Bills and the game the next day and have a beer!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

sorry to hear that man. there is really not much to lift spirits in your time of loss but a bills win today in his honor, would be uplifting for sure.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Need to match their intensity right out of the gate.  Let’s see if this team is ready for prime time - I have no idea which Bills squad shows up.  None.  We are in uncharted territory as far as the last two decades go...

I’m so scared for this exact reason. 

Drinking 400 beverages with my old man is the only solution. And if we lose, it’s still the one time a year I get to drink with him. So that’s a win. 

But I really ***** want the Bills to win. 

• Like (+1) 3

Watching Good Morning Football...which I love.

Question: are the Bills even playing today?  We are literally only the backdrop for the Cowboys and their plans for righting the ship today.

Switched to my daughter watching Arthur, the children’s character, holiday special.

Please let me know when the pity story or comment comes.  You know, the bone about a Bill that they sort of have to do just because.

Stupid me.  I always forget we commit the NFL sin of not being a power house offense.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Watching Good Morning Football...which I love.

Question: are the Bills even playing today?  We are literally only the backdrop for the Cowboys and their plans for righting the ship today.

Daughter is now watching Arthur, the children’s character, holiday special.

Please let me know when the pity story or comment comes.  You know, the bone about a Bill that they sort of have to do just because.

Stupid me.  I always forget we commit the NFL sin of not being a power house offense.

You need to start drinking! NOW!!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 4

14 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Let's go! First of many Sammy Smith's in a couple hours

Saturday for me. It’s my 40th birthday and I’m hitting the town with my brothers and friends I grew up with. Our local boozer was a Sam Smith’s so we’ll hit a couple of his on our way around the city. 

Enjoy your day and night. 

Edited by BritBill
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Need to match their intensity right out of the gate.  Let’s see if this team is ready for prime time - I have no idea which Bills squad shows up.  None.  We are in uncharted territory as far as the last two decades go...

Agreed. They are going to come out fast and try to punch the Bills in the mouth quick. Hopefully they can punch back, and punch much harder.

1 hour ago, Scott7975 said:

Sorry to hear. Hopefully the Bills can pull it off and at least get a W and help maybe make the day go a little better.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, BritBill said:

Saturday for me. It’s my 40th birthday and I’m hitting the town with my brothers and friends I grew up with. Our local boozer was a Sam Smith’s so we’ll hit a couple of his on our way around the city. 

Enjoy your day and night. 

Thanks mate!