TNF: Pittsburgh at Cleveland, 8:20 ET on Fox & NFLN

What scenario is most beneficial for Buffalo????

A Browns win puts them at 4-6 with a head to head tie-breaker with the Bills

A Browns loss really hurts their chances as they could only get to 9-7 and still must play Pittsburgh again and the Ravens in week 16 probably with home filed advantage still not secured.  I see at least two more Browns' losses  - Ravens and one of the Steelers games.  In this scenario the best they can do is 8-8.  A sweep of Pittsburgh means they can get to 10-6 but still with the Ravens game looming, 9-7 seems like the best they can do.  

A Steelers win puts them at 6-4 a half game back of Buffalo. The only team with a winning record besides Buffalo remaining on their schedule is Baltimore.  Unfortunately the Ravens game is week 17 and they may be resting guys by then. With another Steelers win a few weeks later to the Browns, the winner of the Buffalo/Pittsburgh game will likely decide who makes the playoff.  

A Steelers loss drops them to 5-5 with another Browns and Ravens game.    

With all that, I think the best case scenario for Buffalo is for them to split their two games, giving each team an additional loss.  The Bills-Steelers game may still decide the playoff fate for both teams.  

• Like (+1) 4

Great, another game of Baker Mayfield close ups.. Here he is kissing his wife...

Image result for baker mayfield

Here he is during warm ups

Here he is hitching a ride to Tampa

Edited by HOUSE
  • Haha (+1) 2

The Bills put themselves in position by being bad and letting these other teams catch up.

All they had to do was beat a bad 2-6 team and they controlled the rest... Now they are in a spot where by the end of the season they might not even be in the race.

Edited by Boca BIlls

Browns win for sure. Always go with the team with the lesser record beating the team with the better record. Let it come down to all the other variables later on- Bills go. 10-6 no worries- Bills go 9-7 and now we have some things to look at. Browns are not coached well enough to go 9-7 imo. 7-9 or 8-8 maybe.

Browns.

My attitude is that Buffalo needs to finish at least 10-6 (or 4-3 down the final stretch).  If they finish with that record and miss on a tie-breaker, I'll be pretty disappointed.  If they finish at 9-7, then they will deserve to miss the playoffs.

The Steelers are only a game behind us in the Wild Card race, and their schedule is arguably easier than ours down the stretch.  

Although they would have the tie-breaker against us, Cleveland already has 6 losses.  They also have a pretty easy schedule to finish out the season, but they can only afford one more loss.

7 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

What scenario is most beneficial for Buffalo????

A Browns win puts them at 4-6 with a head to head tie-breaker with the Bills

A Browns loss really hurts their chances as they could only get to 9-7 and still must play Pittsburgh again and the Ravens in week 16 probably with home filed advantage still not secured.  I see at least two more Browns' losses  - Ravens and one of the Steelers games.  In this scenario the best they can do is 8-8.  A sweep of Pittsburgh means they can get to 10-6 but still with the Ravens game looming, 9-7 seems like the best they can do.  

A Steelers win puts them at 6-4 a half game back of Buffalo. The only team with a winning record besides Buffalo remaining on their schedule is Baltimore.  Unfortunately the Ravens game is week 17 and they may be resting guys by then. With another Steelers win a few weeks later to the Browns, the winner of the Buffalo/Pittsburgh game will likely decide who makes the playoff.  

A Steelers loss drops them to 5-5 with another Browns and Ravens game.    

With all that, I think the best case scenario for Buffalo is for them to split their two games, giving each team an additional loss.  The Bills-Steelers game may still decide the playoff fate for both teams.  

We want Browns to win  that would be a Slight help to the Bills.  A Steelers win is a slight hurt to the Bills

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/upshot/buffalo-bills-nfl-playoff-picture.html

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 1

My heart says bury the Browns, now. Record wise and playoff scenarios, we want the Browns to win. With the Ravens'  and Steelers' schedules the rest of the way, the Steelers have a a legitimate shot at the division. We play both of them, so we kinda control our own fate here.

So, Go Steelers, bury Landry, Baker and the Browns!

Absolutely rooting for the Browns. It's true that they have an easier schedule down the stretch, but in addition to the upcoming games against the Steelers and Ravens, it's completely plausible that they randomly stumble against Arizona or Miami. The Browns do not play consistently enough to win out (or likely to even get to nine wins). Let the Steelers catch them on one of their up days.

49 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Cleveland is going to take this one.  I am confident in that.  I am not sure they get the Steelers when they play them in Pittsburgh, but I think they will take care of them this week.

Steelers defense has quietly been pretty good this year.

2 hours ago, MJS said:

Just let the chips fall how they may. Bills should just focus on winning their games. We won't really know for a few weeks anyway.

This^.   Rather than hoping for another Dalton to Boyd type play to eliminate WC spot competitors, how about the Bills win the rest of the games they should win, and a game or two they’re not expected to win.

Just now, Happy Gilmore said:

This^.   Rather than hoping for another Dalton to Boyd type play to eliminate WC spot competitors, how about the Bills win the rest of the games they should win, and a game or two they’re not expected to win.

I think it's silly to make assumptions. Everyone is guaranteeing losses to certain teams and wins to others. But seasons rarely work out like people expect. There were a ton of upsets last week. There could be again next week and the week after.

The only team in the NFL that is even slightly a sure bet is the Patriots. They are going to get their wins and win the division. But even they laid an egg against the Ravens, and they could against one of their future opponents as well. The Ravens, though hot now, got blown out by the Browns! So it's a week to week league. Assumptions are cheap and without much substance.

7 minutes ago, Do The Reich Thing said:

So in conclusion... we're rooting for the Browns and Steelers to lose lol

if we cheered for a real team that took care of business, we wouldn't be dithering and anguishing over how a freakin 3-6 team plays

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Browns Currently sit at 8% to make the playoffs

Steelers sitting at 60% tied with us to make the playoffs

You want a Steelers Loss and a Raiders and Colts loss this weekend

Raiders are at 41% playing the Bengals (Raiders likely win with)

Colts at 37% playing the Jags

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/upshot/nfl-playoff-picture.html

Edited by MAJBobby

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

Browns Currently sit at 8% to make the playoffs

Steelers sitting at 60% tied with us to make the playoffs

You want a Steelers Loss and a Raiders and Colts loss this weekend

Raiders are at 41% playing the Bengals (Raiders likely win with)

Colts at 37% playing the Jags

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/upshot/nfl-playoff-picture.html

I hope you are getting paid to do this

it can’t have any other possible use or enjoyment

Just now, row_33 said:

I hope you are getting paid to do this

it can’t have any other possible use or enjoyment

Sitting here at my Desk getting paid working while football stuff on one of my 4 computer screens.  Defense Contracting PM work gets slow at times, Government doesnt move to fast