Singletary's touchdown shouldn't have counted

Coach55

The ref's let us get away with one.   On the prior play, there was a defensive pass interference non-call against John Brown.  McDermott threw the challenge flag to get it reviewed.   If you watch the highlights of the play, at the 37 second mark you see McDermott picking up the flag about a second into the play.  The ref should have blown the play dead before the play ever went off.  They discussed it afterward, but let it stand. 

https://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2019102701/2019/REG8/eagles@bills?icampaign=scoreStrip-globalNav-2019102701

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Coach55 said:

The ref's let us get away with one.   On the prior play, there was a defensive pass interference non-call against John Brown.  McDermott threw the challenge flag to get it reviewed.   If you watch the highlights of the play, at the 37 second mark you see McDermott picking up the flag about a second into the play.  The ref should have blown the play dead before the play ever went off.  They discussed it afterward, but let it stand. 

https://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2019102701/2019/REG8/eagles@bills?icampaign=scoreStrip-globalNav-2019102701

The refs said that he threw the challenge flag after the ball was snapped. 

I was at the game today and didn’t think that was true, but that’s what the ref said at the game. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

The refs said that he threw the challenge flag after the ball was snapped. 

I was at the game today and didn’t think that was true, but that’s what the ref said at the game. 

From my seats I saw him throw the flag prior to the snap (it was pretty close, and he picked it back up quickly). Very, very fortunate the refs didn't notice and blow the play dead

3 minutes ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

From my seats I saw him throw the flag prior to the snap (it was pretty close, and he picked it back up quickly). Very, very fortunate the refs didn't notice and blow the play dead

Yeah that’s what I thought too. I was so certain it wasn’t going to count that I just looked down in disappointment the moment I realized Singletary was going to score because I knew it wouldn’t count. 

40 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

McDermott should let Leslie handle the challenges and he can take over as DC..... guy is a disaster in challenges. 

90% of pi challenges are not overturned. Call it the good ole boys ref club telling the league f- you. Thank goodness they ignored his challenge. And yes his challenge track record is awful.

4 hours ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Did the eagles punt returner lose control of the ball before he hit the ground? They didn’t show many replay angles and the ones we saw looked like he was down. 

Yeah this was the other one. They showed two angles at the game and both looked like the ball might have started to come loose on the way down but definitely didn't come out until after he was down. My cousin was watching at home and said it couldn't have been a more obvious fumble based on what they showed at home.

• Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, Coach55 said:

Don't give a *****

5 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

I saw tons of holding not being called. Adding insult to injury.

I saw jersey's being pulled left and right. Two plays where Edmunds was held his shoulder pad was folded up against the side of his helmet. It was pretty ridiculous. 

9 hours ago, Coach55 said:

Why is he throwing a challenge flag for PI? Haven't coaches realized this isn't getting overturned based on previous ones yet?? The league has let egregious PI calls or noncalls stand all year...McDermott got a break on the Jets getting called for OPI in the first game that wiped out a TD but I'm trying to think of another call or noncall thaylt got overturned or reversed and i cannot.

Edited by matter2003

13 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

It was weird cause they didn't mention it on the broadcast and I believe that was the one where the red just came out and said they wouldn't be reviewing it and no one seemed to know why or what he was talking about 

The Play will Not Be Reviewed ..

whatever the hell that meant.

So yes the Refs knew something ..  

7 hours ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Did the eagles punt returner lose control of the ball before he hit the ground? They didn’t show many replay angles and the ones we saw looked like he was down. 

He did when they replayed from the front it was clear. I don't blame the refs for this one as most calls looked legit but of course every game has a call or two that can be questioned that were made and weren't. We simply lost because we got outplayed. The Josh fumble and big run to start the 2nd half is what did us in. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

The Play will Not Be Reviewed ..

whatever the hell that meant.

So yes the Refs knew something ..  

Yeah, I thought for some odd reason they weren't going to review the TD (which I believe all scores are reviewed automatically). This would explain it that they are saying the play will not be reviewed based on the challenge flag being thrown .

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, wagon127 said:

Why would he challenge pass interference? They arent over turning these calls, McDermott is clueless if he is actually still trying this.

The DB was blatantly holding Browns arm. Not allowing him to come back to the ball.

its a crap shoot if they overturned it, but it was clear PI. 

One of the rhings that greatly shift the dynamic of the game is how they decide to call or not call PI. 

4 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

The DB was blatantly holding Browns arm. Not allowing him to come back to the ball.

One of the rhings that greatly shift the dynamic of the game is how they decide to call or not call PI. 

it's irrelevant how blatantly obvious it is. Referee's are NOT overturning pass interference calls on the field. They are clearly protesting this rule change, and unless it is something as terrible as what happened in the NFC championship game, McDermott should keep his red flag in his pocket.

12 hours ago, wagon127 said:

Why would he challenge pass interference? They arent over turning these calls, McDermott is clueless if he is actually still trying this.

yeah, I though I heard on the game last night that Collingsworth said PI challenges are 0-26 so far this season....I admittedly was half listening.

On 10/27/2019 at 9:35 PM, Coach55 said:

Thank God the Bills did a helluva job making sure that it didn't matter.

On 10/28/2019 at 10:04 AM, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

How long is it going to take McDermott to realize that the league will not overturn pass interference penalties? 

49 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

How long is it going to take McDermott to realize that the league will not overturn pass interference penalties? 

They've overturned at least 7 out of 31 I saw somewhere. I agree is low probability but that game was slipping away. I get the indecision and I get the point that it’s most Likely a lost timeout.