Top 5 ol as of today, Kroft running routes & Kyle is coaching up the DL

Reed83HOF

Figured that was the OL given the depth chart.  And Spain screaming doesn't sound good but I guess it is.  And good to see Kyle involved.

1 minute ago, PirateHookerMD said:

I don't love it. I think if Waddle had not gone down, we would have Ty out at RT and Ford at RG. I guess they feel like they need Ty as the swing. 

It might be more of the amount of time Ty missed.

36 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Interesting that Feliciano appears to have beaten out Long.  I thought his signing was kind of an afterthought but he plays with a real mean streak and I’ve been impressed.

Beast. prefer him over Long. Long is nice as interior back up

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I wonder about Nsekhe's knee condition and if that doesnt factor in some to him not being the current starter at RT. Wonder if we'll hear at some point he needs a clean up type surgery. Pure speculation but he went from a given at RT every day to sporadic  since the Carolina scrimmages.

I think the loss of Waddle definitely played a part in this. One would think that if he was still around as the swing tackle, then Nsekhe would start at RT.

On the other hand, it's hard to say. Ford only got moved to RG in camp because there were so many injuries at that position and because they wanted him to see some live bullets from that spot. It's quite possible that they've planned to keep him at starting RT all along.

I can only imagine that it's a "you're the right tackle until you show that you can't be" situation. If he struggles, one would think Nsekhe gets moved to that spot.

1 hour ago, PirateHookerMD said:

I don't love it. I think if Waddle had not gone down, we would have Ty out at RT and Ford at RG. I guess they feel like they need Ty as the swing. 

I was thinking this as well.  Perhaps an indication of their lack of trust in Conor McDermott as the swing OT.  I don’t expect McDermott to be on the roster for long.

2 hours ago, PirateHookerMD said:

I don't think we would. I think the Bills were committed to giving Cody a shot to be this team's right tackle. He was going to have to noticeably struggle there to be moved straight away inside. While there are stories of guys who started their NFL career inside and then moved outside and became good tackles - Andrew Whitworth is the one that springs to mind - the starting outside and then moving inside and being successful is more common. 

1 hour ago, MiltonWaddams said:

Love that Kyle has given up his time to still be part of this years squad. I don’t think we’ll see another Bill as committed to the franchise as him for a long, long time. What a legend!

For a guy who's retired he still spends a lot of time at OBD. Bet he'll be named to the coaching staff by year's end.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Logic said:

I think the loss of Waddle definitely played a part in this. One would think that if he was still around as the swing tackle, then Nsekhe would start at RT.

On the other hand, it's hard to say. Ford only got moved to RG in camp because there were so many injuries at that position and because they wanted him to see some live bullets from that spot. It's quite possible that they've planned to keep him at starting RT all along.

I can only imagine that it's a "you're the right tackle until you show that you can't be" situation. If he struggles, one would think Nsekhe gets moved to that spot.

i don't buy that saving nseke for the swing t.  i'd much rather move ford to guard. if nseke gets hurt, slide cody over.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

So did most of the onrushing defenders.

As for Ms. Glab’s tweet - ‘screaming’?  Not yelling, roaring, bellowing?  ?

Ryan Fitzpatrick style

5 hours ago, JoeF said:

It is great to have quality depth in Long and Nsekhe...wow....serious upgrade

Don’t forget bates who was a great trade for us

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

For a guy who's retired he still spends a lot of time at OBD. Bet he'll be named to the coaching staff by year's end.

I think Kyle just wants to watch the game with his family on Sundays. He probably is comfortable knowing he can do whatever he wants, he has earned it. The doors at OBD are always open to him and he seems to embrace it.

• Like (+1) 1

Brandon Beane said that Ford would play both positions likely this year. I’m wondering if they’re putting him on tackle for this week because the Jets interior DT’s are stout? Maybe push him back inside next week? Just a thought. Can’t wait till Sunday!