Belichick said today he didn’t know Luck retired

YoloinOhio

54 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

I had to laugh but then agree that it was disrespect. what do you expect from the arrogant goat.

giphy.gif

I did laugh, but it’s not goat, it’s G.O.A.T.

Edited by Rico
  • Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

If he is still salty about that, where he has to put his hubris over a human being and nfl colleague’s serious situation, he has real issues. Also, I like how he says he’s a “good” player. Yeah, like it’s some average joe. 

Eh, I think this is a time where you can manage to put class before trolling. It wasn’t Luck himself that wrote into the league about the footballs. 

Maybe there were no altars around.

What a joke—part of his job description is knowing the personnel side inside and out, and what, you mean to tell me if the news had been Luck’s been surprise cut instead of retiring, and Bill as the Pats FO decisionmaker is left as the only NFL guy who didn’t hear about that? Bush league statement to make, imho. 

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Damn straight.   Pure ignorance of BookFace and PicturePost.

Did you ever hear of TV and the News Paper or hello Radio???  

He’s been in the lab, developing new plays.

24 minutes ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

Can we PLEASE just beat the S**T outta this A**hole ... PLEASE?? Is it too much to ask??

I still hate ‘Helmet Head’ Johnson just as much for his “I’m sorry, I thought this was the winners’ locker room” after his Dolphins beat the Bills.

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Tbh, it’s disrespectful. Jmo. There is no way he didn’t know. 

2 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

What an a-hole thing to say.

He knew, but he's got to keep up the whole "we only worry about us" shtick to the point where he can't be honest?

2 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

So sad how Bill just struggles with being a human being. He tries way to hard to keep up this ridiculous persona. He knows what every player in the NFL has for breakfast each morning. Counting the days when he and the goat disappear. 

2 hours ago, White Linen said:

IMO, it's comments like these why they are respected but hated.   Obviously he doesn't care to be liked, then it's also obvious why many don't like him.  

2 hours ago, BillsFanNC said:

Great coach, maybe the best of all time, but a major league dick as a person.

31 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

What a dick.

If there is anyone that knows what's going on in the NFL...it's Belicheck.  The Colts were serious contenders to the Pats this year in the AFC...he knows his competition.

Image result for bill belichick juice

14 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I hope that orange juice gives him heart burn.

I hope his “assistant” has been adding a “secret ingredient”! 

Edited by Augie

1 hour ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

What a joke—part of his job description is knowing the personnel side inside and out, and what, you mean to tell me if the news had been Luck’s been surprise cut instead of retiring, and Bill as the Pats FO decisionmaker is left as the only NFL guy who didn’t hear about that? Bush league statement to make, imho. 

Is Luck on the Steelers?

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Tbh, it’s disrespectful. Jmo. There is no way he didn’t know. 

I agree.  It was probably more his disdain of the media, but he needs to grow up about that.  He gets paid well, and talking to the media is part of that.

4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

If he is still salty about that, where he has to put his hubris over a human being and nfl colleague’s serious situation, he has real issues. Also, I like how he says he’s a “good” player. Yeah, like it’s some average joe. 

Eh, I think this is a time where you can manage to put class before trolling. It wasn’t Luck himself that wrote into the league about the footballs. 

Yeah, he should have just read the same script the NFL handed out to all of the other HC's to read regarding Luck's retirement.  They all said the same thing because that's how the NFL works.  Get everyone on board to (laughably) obscure fact that that franchise was a total mess for Luck's tenure.

Anyway, an update from Deadpan:

"

Upon hearing the words, “He’s a good player. I didn’t see that, but I don’t really follow them,” escape from Belichick’s mouth, scores of insufferable Patriots fans throughout the country surely began hooting and hollering about how LOCKED IN their coach is. This guy is so focused on the upcoming season that he didn’t even notice one of the wildest retirements in sports history. What a warrior! they all said, in an annoying accent. 

That’s not really what Belichick meant, though. After the press conference was over, the Patriots clarified that when he said, “I didn’t see that,” he meant that he hadn’t seen Luck’s retirement coming, not that he wasn’t aware of the news at all. So chalk this up to an instance of Belichick just being an inartful public speaker rather than a laser-focused football genius.

Edited by Mr. WEO
  • Like (+1) 1